Jump to content

It looks like Coach O will be fired after the Ole Miss who do they hire?


HooverOutlaw
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, 181pl said:

lsu Should not fire Coach O. He is still a hell of a recruiter and a pretty decent coach. This season is already lost so there’s no reason to fire him now. Let him play through it and see if the team improves.

That horse has left the barn. He could go undefeated and he’s done. 
 

I am hearing a lot of names, but no favorites that Woody is outing. He plays it close to the vest. When he hired Peterson to UW and jimbo to atm there wasn’t a lot of talk. When he hired Mulkey and Jay Johnson to LSU recently neither name was thought of as a candidate.

 

I have some people in the building, but nobody is talking. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

That horse has left the barn. He could go undefeated and he’s done. 
 

I am hearing a lot of names, but no favorites that Woody is outing. He plays it close to the vest. When he hired Peterson to UW and jimbo to atm there wasn’t a lot of talk. When he hired Mulkey and Jay Johnson to LSU recently neither name was thought of as a candidate.

 

I have some people in the building, but nobody is talking. 

How are you doing health wise?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

How are you doing health wise?

I’m good, thanks for asking. Come hell or high water I will be at the Homecoming game tomorrow because Baby Sweets is in the Court. 
 

Been a great day because my Princess surprised me and came home tonight instead of tomorrow to support her Baby Brother. I’m happy!

 

 

992331E9-6AF8-4DFD-8B6B-65EFAECE8D03.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2021 at 9:57 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

With all the sexual abuse cover they must have a clean record No Hugh Freeze or Urban Meyer types.

Billy Napier 

Gus Malzahn 

Luke Fickell 

 

I'd think about hiring a coach with NFL experience. The way the game has changed at the college level with $$ to be made by players an NFL coach might blend better. There's more top coaches in the pro's than they are the college ranks including some with head coach experience in both leagues. The money to be made at the top college football schools would also be desirable.

Who in the college ranks would you want to head your program? I know it didn't work out at South Carolina and Florida but I believe Will Muschamp can coach. He followed Meyer at Florida and being a Georgia boy he never fit in down there and he just didn't have the athletes at SC. LSU always has athletes. He'd have to find himself a modern spread mind to run his offense and let him run it. Maybe Gus Malzahn. I don't think Malzahn is head coach material but I'd let him be my OC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m good, thanks for asking. Come hell or high water I will be at the Homecoming game tomorrow because Baby Sweets is in the Court. 
 

Been a great day because my Princess surprised me and came home tonight instead of tomorrow to support her Baby Brother. I’m happy!

 

 

992331E9-6AF8-4DFD-8B6B-65EFAECE8D03.jpeg

Sharp looking kid! Must get that from his mom. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 67packer said:

Sharp looking kid! Must get that from his mom. :)

Thanks. The looks are definitely from Mama. The quick wit and charm are from me.
 

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! 

Princess is the brown eyed girl on the left with the top the wouldn’t have been Dad approved if she lived under my roof…….

 

Again…….that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

 

755EC07A-CCC4-497F-9E21-78B6B92C44CB.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 67packer said:

I'd think about hiring a coach with NFL experience. The way the game has changed at the college level with $$ to be made by players an NFL coach might blend better. There's more top coaches in the pro's than they are the college ranks including some with head coach experience in both leagues. The money to be made at the top college football schools would also be desirable.

Who in the college ranks would you want to head your program? I know it didn't work out at South Carolina and Florida but I believe Will Muschamp can coach. He followed Meyer at Florida and being a Georgia boy he never fit in down there and he just didn't have the athletes at SC. LSU always has athletes. He'd have to find himself a modern spread mind to run his offense and let him run it. Maybe Gus Malzahn. I don't think Malzahn is head coach material but I'd let him be my OC.

Muschamp can't recruit. He wanted to play Derrick Henry at MLB

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m good, thanks for asking. Come hell or high water I will be at the Homecoming game tomorrow because Baby Sweets is in the Court. 
 

Been a great day because my Princess surprised me and came home tonight instead of tomorrow to support her Baby Brother. I’m happy!

 

 

992331E9-6AF8-4DFD-8B6B-65EFAECE8D03.jpeg

Who do you play?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 67packer said:

I'd think about hiring a coach with NFL experience. The way the game has changed at the college level with $$ to be made by players an NFL coach might blend better. There's more top coaches in the pro's than they are the college ranks including some with head coach experience in both leagues. The money to be made at the top college football schools would also be desirable.

Who in the college ranks would you want to head your program? I know it didn't work out at South Carolina and Florida but I believe Will Muschamp can coach. He followed Meyer at Florida and being a Georgia boy he never fit in down there and he just didn't have the athletes at SC. LSU always has athletes. He'd have to find himself a modern spread mind to run his offense and let him run it. Maybe Gus Malzahn. I don't think Malzahn is head coach material but I'd let him be my OC.

I don’t think LSU will go with an nfl guy because most of them are trying to find their way back to the pros. 
 

Woodward’s MO has been to let the coaches finish the year and hire his target within a week after the firing. He keeps it pretty close to the vest, as witnessed by hiring Kim Mulkey and Jay Johnson for WBB and Baseball respectively. Nobody had either of those two in the conversation literally until the last second. I imagine this will go like that as well, but even with my connections I have zero idea which way the wind is blowing on this. 
 

Whoever it is I hope they are other an offensive innovator or can hire one. Gotta score to win in todays CFB. 
 

 

As an aside, what’s happening with you and the sparks fella on the vent? I keep getting drug into it, as pbh banned him, and I really don’t see where the dude did anything that should have got him out in time out. I didn’t know if y’all had a history or if I was missing something? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I don’t think LSU will go with an nfl guy because most of them are trying to find their way back to the pros. 
 

Woodward’s MO has been to let the coaches finish the year and hire his target within a week after the firing. He keeps it pretty close to the vest, as witnessed by hiring Kim Mulkey and Jay Johnson for WBB and Baseball respectively. Nobody had either of those two in the conversation literally until the last second. I imagine this will go like that as well, but even with my connections I have zero idea which way the wind is blowing on this. 
 

Whoever it is I hope they are other an offensive innovator or can hire one. Gotta score to win in todays CFB. 
 

 

As an aside, what’s happening with you and the sparks fella on the vent? I keep getting drug into it, as pbh banned him, and I really don’t see where the dude did anything that should have got him out in time out. I didn’t know if y’all had a history or if I was missing something? 

I don’t really have a beef with him as much as him with me. He’s in love with the current coaches and I’m not and for good reason that I don’t really want to share. As for as the banning part he threatened to whip my ass on the public board and private message. Privately I agreed to meet him and discuss our affections for the staff and he was a no show.

no one loves the Packers more than me or contributes to the program and that won’t change. No one is above reproach. I’m ok with him loving the coaches and disliking me but I don’t like to be threatened or bullied. I never have.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

And Les Miles told Ja’marr Chase he was a Corner. 
 

I get migraines thinking about the talent Les wasted. 

He was a defensive coach. Who wouldn’t want 

 

9 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Muschamp can't recruit. He wanted to play Derrick Henry at MLB

 

Hell if I was a defensive coach is want Derrick Hebert playing for me as well.

He recruited some great players for Georgia last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 67packer said:

I don’t really have a beef with him as much as him with me. He’s in love with the current coaches and I’m not and for good reason that I don’t really want to share. As for as the banning part he threatened to whip my ass on the public board and private message. Privately I agreed to meet him and discuss our affections for the staff and he was a no show.

no one loves the Packers more than me or contributes to the program and that won’t change. No one is above reproach. I’m ok with him loving the coaches and disliking me but I don’t like to be threatened or bullied. I never have.

 

I wasn’t made aware of that. Per usual, when somebody brings you into these situations your lucky to get half the story. 
Obviously can’t have threats made towards anybody. 

 

I didn’t know if you knew each other or not and there was past issue or what exactly happened. 
 

Thanks for the reply. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 67packer said:

He was a defensive coach. Who wouldn’t want 

 

Hell if I was a defensive coach is want Derrick Hebert playing for me as well.

He recruited some great players for Georgia last year.

Les Miles was an OL. Ground and pound. Pretty hands off defensively. 
 

Perhaps that’s why we had great defenses and shit offenses?!?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...