Packass v LowMeds Week

imaGoodBoyNow

2 hours ago, 67packer said:

Keys to the game IMO:

For Colquitt: They have to contain Superman and Flash! Superman (Jacurri Brown) has/will sting the Packers his 4 years at Lowndes but in 2 (and hopefully 3) of those 4 years when the Packers somewhat contained him from tucking and running they'll beat him. He doesn't seem to be quite as prolific under the new coach as he was McPherson but still wears the cape. The other superhero Flash (Chase Belcher) is a prolific HS athlete. He's allusive, abusive, and fast. Quite a load to bring down at 6'1" 210 lbs. He can beat you out of the backfield or receiver position running and catching. Along with Superman, Flash has carried Lowndes. The inexperienced and thin Packer defense will have their hands full all night. They won't be able to stop Lowndes but if they can bleed slow I think the Packer offense can cover for them. And of course, we've got to cut down on penalties/mistakes on the field and sideline. This is the 9th game or 10th if you count the scrimmage. The players by now need to know how to lineup and remain still till the ball is snapped and coaches need to get the correct personnel on the field in a timely manner and 11 is still the proper amount. Getting the play in on time will also help avoid costly penalties and wasted timeouts. Colquitt needs to continue getting some big plays from their special teams in blocking kicks/punts. It's an area Colquitt has always excelled and this game could be won or lost by 1 such play or turnover. These teams are very evenly matched and just 1 big block or recovery might negate the Viking home field advantage.

For Lowndes: They'll have to contain Fann, Carr, Thomas, Carolina, and Pace. Fann and Carr lead the region in passing and receiving. Only sophomores they've matured since the early season and have weaponized the Packers air attack. With Soph TE Thomas and Sr Carolina joining Carr catching balls the Packers could have the best receiving corp in the state. Quite an accomplishment considering they lost their most talented receiver. Adding another weapon to the receiving corp is Charlie Pace coming out of the backfield. He has great hands and moves. Not the fastest or biggest back he's very elusive and quick. Also, an underclassmen Pace leads the region in rushing and you'll hear the Pack faithful quite often yelling "give it to Charlie". Talent wise Lowndes, as poor as they've played defense, probably has the better defense and Colquitt though terribly handicapped with mistakes has the most talented offense.

Bottom Line: Packers get that big defensive or special teams play and win this game 33-31 and the Viking band director still doesn't get flagged for being a jerk.

Not a bad assessment.

Jacurri is a better passer than he was a couple of years ago.  But I don't think he handles pressure all that well.  To me...Belcher is the key.  If we stop/slow Belcher...we have a legitimate shot at winning the game.  Now as you said...that's easier said than done.

Neko and Charlie have to have a good game.  And a lot of their potential success falls directly on our O-Line.  Our poor, tiny, little undersized O-Line.  If they can hold up against them MONSTERS from Lowndes....again...we have a shot at winning.  That's easier said than done.

Finally...we have got to outcoach the Vikings.  We have the talent.  I know you do not agree...but we do.  If the "brain trust" can all get on the same page...we have a shot at winning.  Say it with me........easier said than done.

Go You Hairy Hawgs !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Not a bad assessment.

Jacurri is a better passer than he was a couple of years ago.  But I don't think he handles pressure all that well.  To me...Belcher is the key.  If we stop/slow Belcher...we have a legitimate shot at winning the game.  Now as you said...that's easier said than done.

Neko and Charlie have to have a good game.  And a lot of their potential success falls directly on our O-Line.  Our poor, tiny, little undersized O-Line.  If they can hold up against them MONSTERS from Lowndes....again...we have a shot at winning.  That's easier said than done.

Finally...we have got to outcoach the Vikings.  We have the talent.  I know you do not agree...but we do.  If the "brain trust" can all get on the same page...we have a shot at winning.  Say it with me........easier said than done.

Go You Hairy Hawgs !!!!

Rufus>>

Always a challenge over there. I know we’re capable, just got to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 67packer said:

Always a challenge over there. I know we’re capable, just got to do it.

For me, we need our defensive front and linebackers to have the best game of the year for them. Our secondary just isn't good at tackling. They're often smaller, sometimes much smaller than the opposition but they still try to tackle like they're 10 feet tall and they end up dragged or trucked. They have been better of late, but, yeah, I don't want us to have to trust them to stop Jacurri or Belcher with a head of steam. 

I feel pretty confident in the Pack offense. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

I'm not sure Tennessee will get another night game this year after the way they acted at the last one. 

If you guys are coming to Moultrie I can meet you in Middle Ga and get you back after the game to save you some driving fatigue if that helps. 

First of all let me say thank you for the kind offer. Means a lot Baw! 

Mama and I could swing it, it’s the turnaround to go back to marietta and then Knoxville (for probably a noon game) that would be too much. Couple that with the fact that a cute little brunette living in athens is meeting us early and that about does it for me.

We are hoping Marietta can pull a home seed and that we won’t have to worry about it or that they’ll play the game later. You’re spot on about night games for the hillbillies for the remainder of the season.

Will be a fun trip. Get to see some old friends of Mama’s, tailgate and make merry. Used to have an old boy that make it down from the hills with a case of white lightning for me, but he passed a while back. God rest his soul! 

Thanks again Brother! Sincerely-

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

@Sweetlarry didn't you make this whole spill about leaving this board? So far you have done the opposite and ramped up posting on the national and local boards even with how your team is playing. 

No dummy. I said I may not post as much. 

I understand you’re at about a second grade reading comprehension level but posting to ride peoples nuts, regardless of comprehension level, is a bad look. 
Even for a know nothing like yourself. 

I do appreciate being in your constant thoughts though. Daddy is here for you Son. I’ll come back when I say I’m going for milk…….

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

I know you are from Lowndes but the word is SPIEL not SPILL

It’s sad. I wonder how somebody who can’t form proper sentences, or spell basic words, can get through high school? 

I have to assume lowends isn’t proud of this type of representation. I’m not speaking on the misinformation or the stalking and stuff of other hs teams kids and families, which is borderline creepy, but the God awful stuff that rolls off of his fingertips into the football forums.

Pity him in a way. It’s sad that an adult, with a diploma, doesn’t have the ability to convey thoughts into something that can be clearly understood online. 

Spell check is exhausted on the homes devices.