Servite is the worst…I hate them…

Eddyr2

20 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

for old-school MD fans, Servite is the arch-rival, but for the newer generation, its definetley Bosco.

Disagree. Maybe to those outside of the program. I promise we all genuinely enjoy beating their ass every year. Can’t go through the program without a hatred for the school in Anaheim. Bosco is just always a bigger game now. The worst day I ever had as a player at MD was when a freshman wore black socks to a Summer lift. (The other schools main color) Rollo put us through hell that day. I still won’t wear black socks. We want to beat Bosco in football for sure, we want to embarrass servite in every single sport every time we play. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Disagree. Maybe to those outside of the program. I promise we all genuinely enjoy beating their ass every year. Can’t go through the program without a hatred for the school in Anaheim. Bosco is just always a bigger game now. The worst day I ever had as a player at MD was when a freshman wore black socks to a Summer lift. (The other schools main color) Rollo put us through hell that day. I still won’t wear black socks. We want to beat Bosco in football for sure, we want to embarrass servite in every single sport every time we play. 

i also remember, MD used to have an intense rivalry with Santa Margarita in Boys Basketball, that rivalry has cooled off a lot, speaking of Basketball, MD is currently going through the longest state title drought in the McKnight era.

29 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

for old-school MD fans, Servite is the arch-rival, but for the newer generation, its definetley Bosco.

Only for the newer generation that has nothing to do with Mater Dei would Bosco be considered a bigger rival. I’ve followed and lived the MD/Servite rivalry since the 1970s. In recent years the Bosco game has been a more important game simply because Bosco has been a better a team than Servite. But Bosco is NOT Mater Dei’s rival. Servite always has been, currently is, and always will be our biggest rival. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Spoke to the general today. Boys are ready. He heard servite has been prepping for MD since before their game with Helix 🤣 

This Clovis west team in the pictures description beat the legendary Ohio Massillon team on the road that year. MD would go on to beat Poly in the 1998 championship. 

5DD26E9E-2488-4F49-AE37-56F45A5905BF.jpeg

i remember on an old discussion here, it said that, the 1998 game between Poly and MD, if Poly had won that game, the Natty would have been Poly's, and there were DLS fans rooting for MD at the MD-Poly game of 1998. But ya, hopefully it happens in my lifetime, a California Public School can achieve that, hopefully.

3 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Only for the newer generation that has nothing to do with Mater Dei would Bosco be considered a bigger rival. I’ve followed and lived the MD/Servite rivalry since the 1970s. In recent years the Bosco game has been a more important game simply because Bosco has been a better a team than Servite. But Bosco is NOT Mater Dei’s rival. Servite always has been, currently is, and always will be our biggest rival. 

definetley has been a one-sided rivalry in the Rollo era thats for sure, however, outside of football, and basketball too, has there ever been any Sport in which Servite or Rosary has dominated MD in? Since Rosary is the sister school to Servite, Connelly closed down over a year ago.

7 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

definetley has been a one-sided rivalry in the Rollo era thats for sure, however, outside of football, and basketball too, has there ever been any Sport in which Servite or Rosary has dominated MD in? Since Rosary is the sister school to Servite, Connelly closed down over a year ago.

Sure there has. There are many sports played at the school. There are a lot of smaller sports that MD historically has not been good. Back in the Stone Age when I was a student, Servite would destroy MD is sports like wrestling, water polo. Servite beat us in football all 4 years I was at MD, which was before Rollo’s time. 

17 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

i remember on an old discussion here, it said that, the 1998 game between Poly and MD, if Poly had won that game, the Natty would have been Poly's, and there were DLS fans rooting for MD at the MD-Poly game of 1998.

Poly would have had to beat MD by 2 scores since DLS beat MD by 1…

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

As a MD alum from 1987, I 100% concur.  The disdain for the Anaheim school is second to none.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Sure there has. There are many sports played at the school. There are a lot of smaller sports that MD historically has not been good. Back in the Stone Age when I was a student, Servite would destroy MD is sports like wrestling, water polo. Servite beat us in football all 4 years I was at MD, which was before Rollo’s time. 

You must have graduated just before me, as we lost to Servite in '83-'85, but finally got the W in '86. Dude's right about basketball, though.  It's almost certainly true that we haven't lost to Servite in hoops since before I started at MD in '83.  That is insane and insanely embarrassing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

i also remember, MD used to have an intense rivalry with Santa Margarita in Boys Basketball, that rivalry has cooled off a lot, speaking of Basketball, MD is currently going through the longest state title drought in the McKnight era.

Correct regarding hoops, and it's been very frustrating.  Could it be the countless fly-by-night "academies" that are popping up all over the country and sucking up the SoCal talent?  Yes, Sierra Canyon is good, but there were eras that you had three or four teams as good as or better than today's SC (e.g. D-High, Artesia, Chester, Fax, etc.), but MD still managed to consistently win state titles despite that.  I am a bit mystified.  Would love to see McKnight bring home another title before he's done.

22 minutes ago, On2whls said:

When Logan’s Run is over, it won’t be at MD.  

We’ll see. MD would pay him north of a quarter million. More than doubling what he currently makes with no teaching requirement and complete control of the program. & no I’m not kidding. Boosters don’t play at MD. I’d rather have Taylor Kelly take over though. Get another 30+ year tenure out of a HC.