Mater Dei vs. Servite, Saturday night, will be broadcast live (and FREE) on Saturday on

BigDrop

In the Mid Atlantic the game is on Verizon 579 (Mid Atlantic Sports Network) on Saturday @11:00 pm eastern.  Again, as noted above this game is being broadcast on the former Fox Sports West.  It is a professional broadcast of college game quality.

It is free for Verizon (Comcast and other cable subscribers).

I should also note that Florida’s Berkeley Prep is playing Louisiana Newman on 9:00pm eastern Friday night on ESPNU on Verizon’s 573.

This is free also.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

i have Spectrum, wonder if i could still access the game

Check your channel guide for Saturday @11:00 pm Eastern. (8:00 pm Pacific).  Both Verizon and Comcast over the years have carried several Fox Sports channels at times with upcharges.  This year the CA high school games are sponsored by Bally and carried on other networks (I.e. Mid Atlantic Sports here).  Also ESPN carries many high school games such as the one noted above.

Past years have included many state playoff and championship games.  Not sure what Bally is sponsoring this year.

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

Check your channel guide for Saturday @11:00 pm Eastern. (8:00 pm Pacific).  Both Verizon and Comcast over the years have carried several Fox Sports channels at times with upcharges.  This year the CA high school games are sponsored by Bally and carried on other networks (I.e. Mid Atlantic Sports here).  Also ESPN carries many high school games such as the one noted above.

Past years have included many state playoff and championship games.  Not sure what Bally is sponsoring this year.

I have Verizon as well but is there a way to view it online?

23 hours ago, PlayTheGame said:

I have Verizon as well but is there a way to view it online?

You can watch it on the VZ app also but I think this only works around our house.

VZ use to have a package for $10 more a month which included Fox Sports West, Fox Sports Midwest, Southwest and a couple of other channels.  Incredible hs games were on it.  But VZ got rid of it and Bally took over those Fox stations.  The Mid Atlantic Sports Network broadcasts several hs games a week but nothing like what used to be available.  Mid Atlantic is included in our “ultimate” package on VZ and may be in more.  Comcast also used to carry the Fox channels.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

You can watch it on the VZ app also but I think this only works around our house.

VZ use to have a package for $10 more a month which included Fox Sports West, Fox Sports Midwest, Southwest and a couple of other channels.  Incredible hs games were on it.  But VZ got rid of it and Bally took over those Fox stations.  The Mid Atlantic Sports Network broadcasts several hs games a week but nothing like what used to be available.  Mid Atlantic is included in our “ultimate” package on VZ and may be in more.  Comcast also used to carry the Fox channels.

May I suggest Flo Sports for all your sports viewing pleasures.

F5D259EC-7CD2-42DB-B35A-4C71801294BA.png

F633389A-08B7-43ED-9B78-710C9BE7BF7A.png

9CE0F1DC-DBC1-4615-AFAE-E15D1B82856B.png

• Haha 9

I want to watch ONE game and am willing to pay a ONE TIME charge of up to $10 for that game.  I refuse any service that wants me to pay for an automatic monthly renewal on my credit card.  Or tries to charge for a full year.

I hope that top flight high school programs around the U. S. realize they are not serving their fans by allowing streams like this.  They also do not help their players who will take a hit in their exposure.

Then, there is the quality of the broadcast…

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I want to watch ONE game and am willing to pay a ONE TIME charge of up to $10 for that game.  I refuse any service that wants me to pay for an automatic monthly renewal on my credit card.  Or tries to charge for a full year.

I hope that top flight high school programs around the U. S. realize they are not serving their fans by allowing streams like this.  They also do not help their players who will take a hit in their exposure.

Bally Sports and Fox affiliates have the broadcasting rights to this game. As was mentioned above, you should be able to get an extended sports package from your cable provider. I pay a nominal fee and I get all the regional sports channels. I am not in Cali now but I will be able to view the game still.

game.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Not everywhere, I'm afraid. I have Spectrum, but I will have to rely on highlights from Servite's twitter.

Doesn’t Servite have a Facebook group that streams their games? I haven’t missed a MD game in a few years because games are on Facebook live so I have that option when they are not on TV or Fox Sports Go app in past years. There are no commentators in our Facebook group but you can hear the announcers and the chat is good.
But I have bad news for you… we screen our members so it is only open to ex MD players and alumni. We get a lot of alumni from all over the country watching the games. I expect a lot will be watching it on Saturday! 

On 10/20/2021 at 3:55 PM, BigDrop said:

I paid $19.99 for the month of October so I could watch DeMatha's games vs Gonzaga and St Johns, plus dozens of others. 

• Haha 2

• BigDrop changed the title to Mater Dei vs. Servite, Saturday night, will be broadcast live (and FREE) on Saturday on