It was all about The Stache

The Stache

Gawd it great to finally be back on the field

Rock and Roll Baby!

During the mandated 3 week "dead period" two of our young men accepted offers.  Our big Tackle Tommy Brown committed to my good friend Nick Sabon at Alabama, and JT is going to be the next Monarch Heisman trophy QB at USC following, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinhart, and Matt Barkely.  Of course JT still has two more years with the Three Stripers.

We have 4 of 5 O-line guys returning and the entire backfield and receiving core (sans Osiris St. Brown), but his little brother Amon ra  who will sign with Notre Dame) is even better.

Everyone says we had to replace our entire defense, and we did.  We have our best front 7 in school history, including our star inside LB who was hurt most of last year.  Our Secondary beat SJB in the "Battle on the Beach finals".

Also Don't sleep on our 5 start TE.  He is an absolute stud.

All you Florida guys who say the key is to pressure JT...forget about it.  Our O-line guys are way better this year and most are 3 year starters.

18 minutes ago, The Stache said:

Rock and Roll Baby!

During the mandated 3 week "dead period" two of our young men accepted offers.  Our big Tackle Tommy Brown committed to my good friend Nick Sabon at Alabama, and JT is going to be the next Monarch Heisman trophy QB at USC following, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinhart, and Matt Barkely.  Of course JT still has two more years with the Three Stripers.

We have 4 of 5 O-line guys returning and the entire backfield and receiving core (sans Osiris St. Brown), but his little brother Amon ra  who will sign with Notre Dame) is even better.

Everyone says we had to replace our entire defense, and we did.  We have our best front 7 in school history, including our star inside LB who was hurt most of last year.  Our Secondary beat SJB in the "Battle on the Beach finals".

All you Florida guys who say the key is to pressure JT...forget about it.  Our O-line guys are way better this year and most are 3 year starters.

SJB though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Stache said:

Rock and Roll Baby!

Coolest name in HSFB.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

That's a 75% winning percentage with over 50% of the games being either playoff games or Trinity League wars which are even tougher than most of the playoff games.  There are very few easy wins on that record.

That means only 130 of the games were pre league.  so 200 of those games were all out battles.   Very few coaches can claim 200 high competition games in their careers.  May'be Ancich at St. Paul or Toal at DBP.  That club could fit inside an ave. San Francisco studio flat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

Yeah he has 33 losses since 2008.

A non-legendary number if I ever saw one.

I read that you are connected somehow to George Smith.  I respect that man immensely and did some seminars with him at various coaching clinics.  Especially the ones in Tampa.  He mentioned that the Florida playoffs were a let down most years, his challenge was to keep his guys interested until the final, which was usually somewhat competitive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I admire Coach Lad, God knows he certainly has my number....but  I am hoping to change that this year with my Once in a Generation offense.   But out of his 399 or something wins, only 27 or so were equal to my 200 non pre league games. 

• Like 2

Coach, you've also won the USA Today national championship (!) and although I follow DeMatha, I loudly applaud Mater Dei:  you are the only school in history to win both the USA Today national championship in football AND basketball for the same year.  Congratulations to you and all your players.  You have a lot to be awfully proud of.  They and Mater Dei are better because of you.

Guest LOSer
10 minutes ago, The Stache said:

I read that you are connected somehow to George Smith.  I respect that man immensely and did some seminars with him at various coaching clinics.  Especially the ones in Tampa.  He mentioned that the Florida playoffs were a let down most years, his challenge was to keep his guys interested until the final, which was usually somewhat competitive.

I once attended a seminar where you attempted to grant retroactive toughness to Trinity League teams 20+ years before they were actually any good.

It didn't convince me and then and it's not convincing me now.

4 hours ago, The Stache said:

Is that front 7 gonna be able to stop SJB from running the ball this year?

JT can't throw TD's unless the Monarch's defense can get off the field. 

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, BigDrop said:

Coach, you've also won the USA Today national championship (!) and although I follow DeMatha, I loudly applaud Mater Dei:  you are the only school in history to win both the USA Today national championship in football AND basketball for the same year.  Congratulations to you and all your players.  You have a lot to be awfully proud of.  They and Mater Dei are better because of you.

I bet you actually think Consuela is a Mexican housemaid, too.

Amazing.

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Is that front 7 gonna be able to stop SJB from running the ball this year?

JT can't throw TD's unless the Monarch's defense can get off the field. 

You know Bob, that's the million dollar question.  It will be our Bigs vs. Their Bigs.  I have confidence that our strength coach Scott Prohaska (who we stole from Servite by offering more $$) will have the kids ready.  If we get in trouble, I have some O-line guys including Big Tommy Brown who I can stuff on the line to hold the "Tide" back (get it).

• Like 1

Just now, The Stache said:

You know Bob, that's the million dollar question.  It will be our Bigs vs. Their Bigs.  I have confidence that our strength coach Scott Prohaska (who we stole from Servite by offering more $$) will have the kids ready.  If we get in trouble, I have some O-line guys including Big Tommy Brown who I can stuff on the line to hold the "Tide" back (get it).

Well, I wish you luck.

I want to see MD do big things this year. 

If MD can stop SJB from running the ball, what kinda chance do you give my Spartans in the Open Division Bowl Game, should the two meet there come December?

4 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Thank you Big Drop.  You are very familiar with the HS scene in So Cal.  I'm hoping my kids will play to their potential this year.  I'm putting a lot of pressure on my self and staff to be sure the kids are prepared to win.  With our schedule we can't afford to have guys out of position, or dropping the rock.  These press clipping are going to their heads so I may make them earn their 3 stripes a game at a time.  We'll see. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

Well, I wish you luck.

I want to see MD do big things this year. 

If MD can stop SJB from running the ball, what kinda chance do you give my Spartans in the Open Division Bowl Game, should the two meet there come December?

Well that's a matchup I kind of want and I kind of don't want.  Gawd that Ladocuer had our number.  We couldn't beat those guys back in the 90's with some pretty darn good squads.  In fact, we went on to win the CIF a couple times after they clobbered us.  This year, I hear they have a lot of returning guys which means they will probably get off to a fast start.  If they can get a QB that can hit the TE regularly, it will pose big problems for the defensive guys.

I would like another shot at DLS though, and this year would be a good time to do the Monarch March in front of their fans.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Commissioner,

i. I nominate The Stache as PG interview if the year -- great insight into MD and the humble man that has led the 3 stripes, SoCal hsfb's NY Yankees, for nearly 3 decades -- not too many coaches lead maybe the best team in the country 20+ years apart

any chance of getting coach negro to come in PG?

• Haha 1

Guest LOSer
16 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

LoSer is a lowly subordinate of the AD...Does films or stats for the team, but is a loyal and angry subject...Mostly belittles other posters and their comments.... 

Don't flatter me.

• dntn31 changed the title to It was all about The Stache