It was all about The Stache

The Stache

17 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Heard they are giving Bennet a look at guard. That is not a bad idea since the d-line is pretty deep and there are a lot of shoes to fill on the o-line.

The DL and DB’s are loaded...I would like to see EJ move Funa to the Mack, Steele to the Stud (SOLB) and Nate White to the Buck (WOLB). Have an open comp for the othe ILB. That would be an old school hard hitting and fast MD defense...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

So how do you counter the opinion of a neutral observer such as @DevilDog ? He has watched hundreds of games in Texas over the course of several years and yet he considers 2016 Gorman the best team that he has ever seen in person. 

True they are the best team I have ever seen in Person.  And I love Texas Football and saw SLC 2003-2006, all the Allen Teams,  Desoto's and Several Big time OOS teams and Great ET teams.  Doesn't mean that non of them were not capable but for a sheer team and the composition and speed and execution that was one bad ass HS Football team.  I have seen great ones here and that team could stand toe to toe with all of them.  That was the fastest, swarming best tackling Defense ever.  TV did not due justice to how well they were swarming Cedar Hill who is not slow in the least bit. Those holes where they would gash you were closed in a hurry and they just wore them down physically. 

Great team among the top 5 I have ever seen in person. 

My top 5 in person:   This by no means says these are the greatest ever. But without a doubt the best I have seen.

2016 BG

2013 Allen

2013 Desoto (People forget this team) I watched them vs. Allen in Mesquite and that was a helluva football game by Titans of Texas at the top of their games.  A bounce here or there was the difference and  Allen smoked everyone that year.

2005 SLC

2010 STA, Fl. 

And the next 2.

2008 Lake Travis & E.T (though they lost to Allen in the Rematch in Playoffs)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, The Stache said:

One of DLS’s all-time greats, Kevin Simon, blew his knee out in first ever Army all-American game in 2000

was never the same player

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, waldiejr said:

This kid is a great young man who wanted to come to MD as a freshman but had financial hardships.  Fortunately a grant for kids interested in anacthrology opened up.

As with all transfers he must still attend tryouts 

• 3 months later...

Gawd that was a thriller on Friday.  Did you guys enjoy our play calling?  I gotta credit coach Money for those trick plays.   They even fooled me.   Those IMG guys were pretty stout up front but like I told my guys, hey, the bigger they are , the harder they fall.

You know, our kids kept fighting for 48 minutes.   I'm proud of these kids, but like I told them after the game, hey our real season starts next week.   We like to use these pre league games to figure out where we need to focus going into Trinity League play.

As usual the Trinity league will be ruthless.  Everyone wants a piece of your hide.   We are a little banged up now, but the kids will get up for Servite.  They always do.  I was a little worried that the kids would look past IMG because we had that team from Anaheim up next. 

But like I told our kids, hey, you gotta take care of business Friday night.

Well anyways, I hope you enjoyed my post game comments.  Like I told the announcer.  Hey, we enjoy competing.  Any other teams want to play us, we have some open dates next year.

#RockandRollBaby

#DillyDilly

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, The Stache said:

Gawd that was a thriller on Friday.  Did you guys enjoy our play calling?  I gotta credit coach Money for those trick plays.   They even fooled me.   Those IMG guys were pretty stout up front but like I told my guys, hey, the bigger they are , the harder they fall.

You know, our kids kept fighting for 48 minutes.   I'm proud of these kids, but like I told them after the game, hey our real season starts next week.   We like to use these pre league games to figure out where we need to focus going into Trinity League play.

As usual the Trinity league will be ruthless.  Everyone wants a piece of your hide.   We are a little banged up now, but the kids will get up for Servite.  They always do.  I was a little worried that the kids would look past IMG because we had that team from Anaheim up next. 

Well anyways, I hope you enjoyed my post game comments.  Like I told the announcer.  Hey, we enjoy competing.  Any other teams want to play us, we have some open dates next year.

#RockandRollBaby

#DillyDilly

"That's Mater Dei football baby!" ~the Real Rollo

10 hours ago, The Stache said:

#RockandRollBaby

#DillyDilly

You forgot to mention how much you love Fox.

• Haha 2

apologies to @Eddyr2 for saying that St. Paul was unbeaten vs. Mater Dei  for 16 straight years.  The correct # of years was (15) fifteen.

http://www.materdei.org/football/html/monarch-history/year-by-year-game-scores/1981.html

See @ECHS05 how easy it is to apologize?  You can apologize for mis leading (lying) everyone about the IMG holding call now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

apologies to @Eddyr2 for saying that St. Paul was unbeaten vs. Mater Dei  for 16 straight years.  The correct # of years was (15) fifteen.

http://www.materdei.org/football/html/monarch-history/year-by-year-game-scores/1981.html

See @ECHS05 how easy it is to apologize?  You can apologize for mis leading (lying) everyone about the IMG holding call now.

What is a St Paul’s?

• dntn31 changed the title to It was all about The Stache