It was all about The Stache

The Stache

3 hours ago, Pops said:

3 national top 25s in comp poll I saw

we ought to have a good common opponent this year between the bottom of the Trinity league and GA top 3 with VM playing CQ, JSerra, and OLu

Colquitt has to play like a Top 3 team to be Top 3. Its not just handed to them.

I know its habit to assume DLS will be #1 in NorCal, but out here we usually have to play the games first due to there being actual competition.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I know its habit to assume DLS will be #1 in NorCal, but out here we usually have to play the games first due to there being actual competition.

It would be habit to assume DLS will be #1 if they were in GA also

and then NorCal would be the competitive parity state and guys would be jawing about (i.e.) WCAL being nails 

16 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Interesting Rankings by the local paper.  JSerra picked to finish at the bottom of the Trinity League again.  But Ranked in almost all National Top 100

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/14/ocvarsity-video-o-c-football-preseason-top-10/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That poll is off..

Santa Margarita is WAY too high for #4, they're the bottom team in Trinity. I really would like to know what justified putting Santa Margarita at 4? They don't have the skill kids to match the other Trinity Teams. Look for Jserra or Servite will be above SM, with Orange Lutheran at #3. For you out of state guys. Orange lutheran is second to St. John Bosco with 11 transfers, they filled their needs on offense in the skill department. Jserra was next, with 9 transfers, to off-set losing 3 defensive starters.  

It's time for Football.  We travel to the dank, dark, confines of the Amat campus.  We will physically punish them.  It is the only thing they understand.

The Bishop won't need to bother scouting this one.  We will show nothing.  Vanilla, vanilla.  Monarchs 28-7.  Book it.

#unfinishedbusiness

mater dei3.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Stache said:

It's time for Football.  We travel to the dank, dark, confines of the Amat campus.  We will physically punish them.  It is the only thing they understand.

The Bishop won't need to bother scouting this one.  We will show nothing.  Vanilla, vanilla.  Monarchs 28-7.  Book it.

#unfinishedbusiness

mater dei3.jpg

Please peel back the physicality. The Lancers need to be 100% healthy when they travel to Illinois. the state of California will hold you accountable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Stache said:

#unfinishedbusiness

mater dei3.jpg

I really hope NO one takes this guy serious for a true Mater Dei fan. Its quite entertaining, but this clown repeats what he reads. Has no really inside knowledge of Mater Dei football. I've seen some posters engaging in posts as if they think they're getting "legit info" from him.. it all tongue in cheek with this guy. Sorry Stache.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, covercorner said:

I really hope NO one takes this guy serious for a true Mater Dei fan. Its quite entertaining, but this clown repeats what he reads. Has no really inside knowledge of Mater Dei football. I've seen some posters engaging in posts as if they think they're getting "legit info" from him.. it all tongue in cheek with this guy. Sorry Stache.

Bro...

thats Bruce Rollinson. Let's show some respect

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, The Stache said:

#unfinishedbusiness

Well I told you guys not to expect to much.  Figured it would be a pedestrian 28-0 then our 2's would allow a saving face TD.  We got to work a little on our kicking game and got that extra FG.  Gawd I hate these openers.  You never know how the kids will react.  Just happy we got a game under our belt and everyone is relatively healthy.

We will be a little more entertaining next week when we host Bishop Gorman in the friendly confines of the Santa Ana Bowl.  Just love our refs.

Our defense was incredible tonight, with 11 hats flying to the ball.  Think we surprised a few people.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Stache said:

Gotta git to the Saturday weightlifting sessions, but thought you diehards may want to read about our vanilla game vs. the Amat dawgs

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/26/mater-dei-uses-ground-and-pound-attack-to-beat-bishop-amat/

Both WRs St. Brown and Parks didn't play!? lol wow.

really showing nothing before BG game 

• Haha 2

Well its official now.  They made us #1 in all the polls.  Were gonna have to git after it on Friday.  Bishop Gorman is a great team and will be rolling into Santa Ana with a 55 game win streak vs. teams from 14 or so  States.  I've looked at the films, and this BG team has no weakness that I can see.  My team is no slouch either.  I will be unleashing our Once in a Generation offense, and the Monarch defense will surprise.

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/mater-dei-ca-moves-no-1-new-high-school-football-america-top-100/

• Like 1

http://www.prepforce.com/home/front-page/preseason-national-high-school-football-rankings-2017/

Not all Stache...  Prepforce might be a told you so, but there will be pressure as STA takes a nap until their late Sept Zona trip.  Might even be dropped next week if MD or BG win decisively.  If it's a close one probably STA would stay on top with this pollster for next week.  

I agree BG has no weakness... hiring the Mr Magoo ref was a thing of beauty.  

#streakendedhere

7 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://www.prepforce.com/home/front-page/preseason-national-high-school-football-rankings-2017/

Not all Stache...  Prepforce might be a told you so, but there will be pressure as STA takes a nap until their late Sept Zona trip.  Might even be dropped next week if MD or BG win decisively.  If it's a close one probably STA would stay on top with this pollster for next week.  

I agree BG has no weakness... hiring the Mr Magoo ref was a thing of beauty.  

#streakendedhere

The only way I can back sta for MNC is if SJB rolls from here, beating MD twice and DLS, among some other big names 

in that case, it would be deserved

however, if MD beats BG,  SJB twice, and DLS, among others, I really hope sta is not kept at #1 just because they got there first and will play sagouro in the geico

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

The only way I can back sta for MNC is if SJB rolls from here, beating MD twice and DLS, among some other big names 

in that case, it would be deserved

however, if MD beats BG,  SJB twice, and DLS, among others, I really hope sta is not kept at #1 just because they got there first and will play sagouro in the geico

It's one game Pop.   I was only referring to after this week... and leave my Saguaro alone! :)  

I sure hope SJB kicks ass from here because the bumper to bumper traffic of SoCal teams .2 behind STA on Calpreps would be hilarious to see if STA runs the table.    

Here is what the MD boosters are saying....

"The Mater Dei front 7 is very good. They are big and quick. But the difference maker is Solo - he's as powerful and as fast a linebacker as I have seen in a long time. :notworthy:

Couple concerns from the Mater Dei side: offensive timing, corners and punter/kicker.

Offense needs to do what it does best and not try to be the smartest guy in the room
."

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

It's one game Pop.   I was only referring to after this week... and leave my Saguaro alone! :)  

I sure hope SJB kicks ass from here because the bumper to bumper traffic of SoCal teams .2 behind STA on Calpreps would be hilarious to see if STA runs the table.    

Your nirvana is my nightmare

you know that one of my big angsts is an august or September game effectively deciding the MNC and the text book example would be a team getting a big win early and then not being tested similarly to rest of contenders but just relying on being undefeated and the staticness of human pollsters to change their mind absent wins

STA projects to have less SOS left than any of the prime contenders but as was mentioned a high quality Geico opponent could change things (but, no offense, saguaro doesn't qualify)

STA just rooting for everyone to beat each other now -- of top 4 contenders left, two play each other this week -- root for MD because they'll have much stiffer SOS after that than BG (says a fan of BG's next opponent after Md) -- don't know who will be your friend and beat IMG -- maybe y'all can work out something in the FHSAA

Well there you go Pop. :)   As much I defend IMG as #1 currently, I was rooting my ass off for Chandler to beat them.  I'll do the same this week with CC.  If IMG gets by CC, the chances of them losing certainly reduces.   STA didn't have much choice it seems with this year's schedule.   As you've noticed, I'm not a yuge fan of the BG winning streak...  the sooner they lose the better as it's bogus anyway.   If it's Mater Dei great.  Go Stache!    If I had to root for one team this week (besides Saguaro vs. East because that's a given lol) it would be DFB.   A DFB win would do nicely.   Not too confident in that happening though.   O will have to step and help the D.  

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Well there you go Pop. :)   As much I defend IMG as #1 currently, I was rooting my ass off for Chandler to beat them.  I'll do the same this week with CC.  If IMG gets by CC, the chances of them losing certainly reduces.   STA didn't have much choice it seems with this year's schedule.   As you've noticed, I'm not a yuge fan of the BG winning streak...  the sooner they lose the better as it's bogus anyway.   If it's Mater Dei great.  Go Stache!    If I had to root for one team this week (besides Saguaro vs. East because that's a given lol) it would be DFB.   A DFB win would do nicely.   Not too confident in that happening though.   O will have to step and help the D.  

Gotta clue me in on Dfb relevance

including playoffs, what will be STA's biggest tests left?  

Umderstand "Geico TBD" could be #1 or not

• dntn31 changed the title to It was all about The Stache