He's just being an ass... 

I did both... football and band... 

But not marching band... 

But I still liked it... 

Marching band is important.... 

I still play my Saxophone and Bass guitar occasionally 

34 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh I see... 

So because I'm black I can play Bass?!... 

Well... 

Your right... 

Yep, @imaGoodBoyNowneeded some real Sherlock Holmes skills to come to that conclusion.

• Haha 1

Been to a few Bayou Classics. Good stuff. While I’m like dude above and spent halftime being asked why I don’t pitch on the option (“had six coach if nehumi makes his block”) or why I tried forcing a ball into triple coverage (“I trust Bubba on those jump balls coach. Didn’t think he was gonna let some 5-6 white kids out jump him for it”)   I still appreciate what they bring to the game. 

It’s the most effective thing lowends has going for it. 🤷‍♂️ 

On 10/26/2021 at 9:18 AM, Wildcat Will said:

You need to come on down south and go to Dekalb county or the city games and you will change your mind.

Historically the best band in Georgia. Lowndes has more members , and a quarter the talent.

https://education.musicforall.org/2009/05/31/a-glimpse-into-the-success-of-southwest-dekalb-high-school/

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Southwest Dekalb 

Stephenson 

Tucker 

Have the best Bands

100 likes.SWD, back in the 80’s and 90’s world put 250 musicians on the field, not counting the flag girls and baton twirlers. Dressed them in a uniform similar to Michigan’s Wolverine band.
Lowndes and their 400+ is half as loud and a quarter as talented as the bands you listed. 

• Like 1

My admittedly petty, juvenile beef with marching bands, framed by my existence in Phoenix suburbs that did not exist 30 years ago and as such almost completely devoid of connection to the Midwest/Southern/HBCU sporting cultures:

I don't care how "bad" your football team is, nobody who isn't related to you (you = run of the mill marching band participant) is at the game to "see the band". While you might have a few kids in band that are "popular", the band kids at your school are not the "cool" kids (I have a similar reaction to my 14-year old nephew saying he wants to be a nerd; maybe when you're in your 30s and your genius has revolutionized the virtual pastry industry, but not when you're in your teens).

Have no qualms with you doing your thing and having a blast with it, just don't try to sell me on a reality that is non-existent (again, as it relates to my suburban Phoenix echo chamber; if band kids are stuffing linebackers into trash cans elsewhere then good on ya).