I can’t stand marching Bands at football games

imaGoodBoyNow

On 10/28/2021 at 2:42 PM, Wildcat Will said:

I know all about SWD. I grew up in Dekalb. 

Negative on the thought of Stephenson taking Bucks players. Stephenson is not near SWD. Stephenson is Stone Mountain-Lithonia, closer to the Rockdale county line, on the east side. SWD is near the Dekalb-Henry county line, on the south side of the county.

Use to be my favorite band. Camden use to have a band that was pretty good as well and for some reason they decided to be like Lowndes and now its boring

On 10/30/2021 at 9:56 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Tift does that bullshit too. Sitting their band on the visitor side. Lol

Everybody loves the Georgia Bridgemen 😄.

I thought we were paying for a competition turns out they're going to Disney for 5 days starting tomorrow ain't that some shit.

38 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What happened to Allen and their 850 member band?

The Allen Eagle Escadrille is believed to be the largest band in the nation, with about 850 members, including musicians and the drill team and color guard.

They are big and entertaining to see from an entertainment standpoint, but they aren’t BOA (Bands Of America) or state championship caliber “good”.

11 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

They are big and entertaining to see from an entertainment standpoint, but they aren’t BOA (Bands Of America) or state championship caliber “good”.

I thought bands were supposed to be entertaining...

That's crazy. Has the 850 member Allen band ever won a band state championship?

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

I thought bands were supposed to be entertaining...

That's crazy. Has the 850 member Allen band ever won a band state championship?

Maybe I could have worded that better.

This is the first year I’ve seen Allen with an actual show in a while. Usually, in the past I believe they normally just spell out “Allen” or an “A” or something like this during halftime.

The majority of bands, big or small, are entertaining but there are different types of halftime performances. The two most common are the “show bands”. The ones that will play hip-hop music and dance around. (i.e Cedar Hill)

Then, there are the ones you see at state championships and BOA competitions (Hebron, Vista Ridge, Claudia Taylor Johnson, etc.). Where you’re telling a story through your show with themed music and sets on the field.

Yes, Allen was a power in the band world in the 80s and they have won two state championships and medaled (2nd or 3rd) a couple of the other years. This was when they were 4A and when state was every year for all classes. 

Now it’s every other year, with the exception of this school year. With the way covid messed up last year (2020) the UIL held an open state championship for every class. Typically, odd years would be a 1A/ 3A/ 5A and even years 2A/ 4A/ 6A.

I hope this explains everything and makes sense.

7D9D464E-BE56-43E8-8496-C51D3CDDF4C9.thumb.png.887cc4e2ef25543dc42b2e7f97656c27.png

16 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

This is the first year I’ve seen Allen with an actual show in a while. Usually, in the past I believe they normally just spell out “Allen” or an “A” or something like this during halftime.

The majority of bands, big or small, are entertaining but there are different types of halftime performances. The two most common are the “show bands”. The ones that will play hip-hop music and dance around. (i.e Cedar Hill)

Then, there are the ones you see at state championships and BOA competitions (Hebron, Vista Ridge, Claudia Taylor Johnson, etc.). Where you’re telling a story through your show with themed music and sets on the field.

Yes, Allen was a power in the band world in the 80s and they have won two state championships and medaled (2nd or 3rd) a couple of the other years. This was when they were 4A and when state was every year for all classes. 

Now it’s every other year, with the exception of this school year. With the way covid messed up last year (2020) the UIL held an open state championship for every class. Typically, odd years would be a 1A/ 3A/ 5A and even years 2A/ 4A/ 6A.

7D9D464E-BE56-43E8-8496-C51D3CDDF4C9.thumb.png.887cc4e2ef25543dc42b2e7f97656c27.png

Got it, thanks!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Heard SLC got the number 1 transfer in the nation 

• Haha 2

2E89D09A-AD34-4C1B-B2D7-CBF76C55923F.jpeg.14dde0f946e438a2200bd66eb1199976.jpeg

https://marching.musicforall.org/event/grandnationals21/

The Grand National Championships is a three-day, Preliminary, Semi-Finals, and Finals event. A minimum of thirty bands will advance to the semi-finals competition. The top 12 scoring bands from Semi-Finals advance to Saturday evening’s Finals.

I have counted maybe 99 bands that are in attendance for this national championship. Marching band is literally doing what we wish football could.

We are in the second day of prelims and The Woodlands, Tx. will be performing next at 10:45 a.m.

It’s interesting, they opted out of their spot at the state championship to be ready for the Grand Nationals.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Flower Mound, Texas: 2021 UIL 6A state 4th place finisher. 

Grand Nationals prelims:

Flower Mound is my favorite group this year, close second is The Woodlands. Hoping that either of them can pull it off and win the Grand National championship. Broken Arrow, Carmel, and Avon will be hard to beat though. Either way, Texas will be very well represented. 

17 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Flower Mound is my favorite group this year, close second is The Woodlands. Hoping that either of them can pull it off and win the Grand National championship. Broken Arrow, Carmel, and Avon will be hard to beat though. Either way, Texas will be very well represented. 

They are both in the finals, along with CTJ, Reagan, Marcus, and Vista Ridge !

3A5823B6-E9F3-438B-B48C-334982005A99.jpeg.3474a996a0aaae537f1abd4dc24cb9be.jpeg