SJB wants all the smoke...

PlayTheGame

47 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Yes, play overrated slapdicks and OOS opponents the quality of Mililani, Timpview, Liberty and Oscar Smith

Top 100 (Massey) Wins since 2017:

• SJB - 18
  • STA - 8
36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

When you start bragging about losses that's when you know you've capitulated.

I look forward to more replies from you with no actual substance.

36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

you've always got Twitter flame wars to partake in!

And straw men!

8 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

• SJB - 18
  • STA - 8

Now you don't seem to understand what the word overrated means.

👇

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Yes, play overrated slapdicks and OOS opponents the quality of Mililani, Timpview, Liberty and Oscar Smith and then claim to be an immovable force that deserves the national championship even though you're the second best team in your league.

It's currently the cushiest racket going.

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Mater Dei has never been nor ever will be on STA's level as a program.

Looking forward to the inevitable NFL roster #s as if they were in any way relevant to the conversation.

Imagine losing to Centennial, AZ with future NFL players on your team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Mater Dei has never been nor ever will be on STA's level as a program.

You’re right, Mater Dei isn’t a has-been trying to be relevant. 

Dude, Jesuit…seriously?! Common sense dictates you lay low and don’t pick fights like you’re the A-side when clearly your just not anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You think the only overrated teams that SJB plays are the OOS ones?

Oh, that's right, I forgot... everything is rigged. All of the computer algorithms are rigged. All of the national media polls are rigged. Anything quantitative? Rigged.

I could go Google for images of clowns, but then I'd just be stooping to your level.

15 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

• SJB - 18
  • STA - 8

I look forward to more replies from you with no actual substance.

And straw men!

But this is basically a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts, on the part of the computers. Simply playing certain teams, especially in California and Texas, automatically boosts a team's rating. So, they're highly rated because they played the highly rated team, which then stays highly rated because the teams they've played are highly rated. Round and round we go.

50 minutes ago, badrouter said:

But this is basically a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts, on the part of the computers. Simply playing certain teams, especially in California and Texas, automatically boosts a team's rating. So, they're highly rated because they played the highly rated team, which then stays highly rated because the teams they've played are highly rated. Round and round we go.

OK, let's entertain the argument that the computer algorithms hold no water (not a good one btw). Instead, we'll look at wins against teams that finished in the top25 human polls. SJB still has the better résumé:

1404084420_Screenshot2021-11-04224220.png.f6297570e53e6643b27c4477947c0618.png

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Oh, that's right, I forgot... everything is rigged. All of the computer algorithms are rigged. All of the national media polls are rigged. Anything quantitative? Rigged.

6 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Looking forward to the inevitable NFL roster #s as if they were in any way relevant to the conversation.

Or the inevitable college roster numbers too. No other program has ever had the most college players and NFL players at the same time.

Imagine thinking that advancing your student-athletes to the next level and also having them reach the professional level after that is not relevant to the success of a program.

6 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Dude, Jesuit…seriously?! Common sense dictates you lay low and don’t pick fights like you’re the A-side when clearly your just not anymore. 

You don't even understand the circumstances of that game.

Mater Dei had the audactity to claim a national championship in a year where they lost a game by 23 points. Irony no longer exists.

6 hours ago, dntn31 said:

The computers *are* designed in a way that objectively benefits SoCal schools. This is not even controversial.

The media is composed of human beings who are most definitely biased.

When lost for any kind of refutation you pull out the strawmen.

Classic.

5 hours ago, dntn31 said:

1404084420_Screenshot2021-11-04224220.png.f6297570e53e6643b27c4477947c0618.png

You're a comedian.

First you seem to be claiming that human polls are free of biases or that they're objective.

Then you seriously posit the idea that Oaks Christian was a top 25 team when these were the results of their last *FIVE* games that year:

Won by 8

Won by 6

Won by 15

Won by 1

Lost by 46

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Imagine your only argument being a loss that STA suffered in the very same year that they beat your school.

Not my only argument. My arguments involve posting objective facts that you have no answer for other than claiming everything is rigged.

STA has had an argument for a national championship more recently than Mater Dei.

If we are talking about "arguments for MNCs" and not MNCs, this is not true as MD finished #1 in CalPreps and Massey in 2020. But let's keep talking about imaginary titles, I'm sure it's something your well versed in by now.

The computers *are* designed in a way that objectively benefits SoCal schools. This is not even controversial.

The media is composed of human beings who are most definitely biased.

Oh yes, I forgot that # of future NFL players that lose to AZ schools, Venice and Tampa Jesuit are more meaningful indicators of how good a high school program is.

I'll repeat: STA has had a national championship argument more recently than Mater Dei.

This is also objectively true.

Repeating something doesn't make it true, it makes you look unhinged.

First you seem to be claiming that human polls are free of biases or that they're objective.

Where did I claim that? Spoiler: I didn't. Go Google another picture of a scarecrow.