SJB wants all the smoke...

PlayTheGame

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Not my only argument. My arguments involve posting objective facts that you have no answer for other than claiming everything is rigged.

What's there to answer for regarding losses that happened years ago? You sound like DLSPop bragging about not losing games when the pertinent fact is that we beat you and would do it again.

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Where did I claim that? Spoiler: I didn't. Go Google another picture of a scarecrow. 

I'm sure you'll lie and claim that you didn't insinuate that here.

👇

10 hours ago, dntn31 said:

OK, let's entertain the argument that the computer algorithms hold no water (not a good one btw). Instead, we'll look at wins against teams that finished in the top25 human polls. SJB still has the better résumé:

1404084420_Screenshot2021-11-04224220.png.f6297570e53e6643b27c4477947c0618.png

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

Let's keep the clown stuff out of this.

For intents and purposes, Mater Dei didn't have a 2020 season.

You brought out the "clown stuff" by invoking "arguments for MNCs". You can make an argument (albeit poorly) for just about anything, I'm merely highlighting the absurdity of your position and the fact that you use the word "objective" to qualify this position.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It certainly *is* a measure.

You just don't like it because your players objectively suck at the next levels. 

Yes, a measure of how much STA underperforms with all of the talent that it has.

I'm sure you'll lie and claim that you didn't insinuate that here.

I only pointed multiple "measures" that all refute your position that SJB "claims to be an immovable force" (your words not SJB's) while "hardly taking any risks whatsoever". These "measures" show that SJB has more quality wins than STA and fewer losses to non-elite teams. The only responses you have for this are: 1) every "measure" that doesn't support my positions is "rigged" and 2) the players at STA eventually go on to have success after leaving STA. 

13 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

when the pertinent fact is that we beat you

Let's "explain" away that loss in your own words

On 9/5/2021 at 8:51 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Adverse circumstances benefit the lesser team because they even the playing field.

and then invoke the Appeal to Common Belief logical fallacy that you're so fond of

On 9/5/2021 at 8:59 AM, Atticus Finch said:

STA SJB is the better team. Acknowledged by everyone. So if they lose then there are explanations that can be given.

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

and would do it again

👇

18 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I guess we'll just wait to see who wins the rematch.

5 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

You brought out the "clown stuff" by invoking "arguments for MNCs".

That was in direct response to the Mater Dei delinquent who claimed that STA "used to be relevant" but seemingly no longer is.

How posting the national rankings to refute his claim is "clown stuff" is beyond anyone with actual sense.

8 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I'm merely highlighting the absurdity of your position and the fact that you use the word "objective" to qualify this position.

Again, you're just flailing right now because, yes, the objective fact is that STA was in the MNC discussion in 2019 and Mater Dei wasn't.

In fact if you want to count 2020, which you seem inclined to do, then STA has two top 10 finishes in the human polls to Mater Dei's one.

10 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Yes, a measure of how much STA underperforms with all of the talent that it has.

My favorite.

Imagine your argument is that the team that beat you before and is better than you now is also underperforming.

But that you're also somehow *better* than them despite losing to them and them underperforming.

STA underperforms and is still better than SJB.

It just keeps getting worse for you.

13 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I only pointed multiple "measures" that all refute your position that SJB "claims to be an immovable force" (your words not SJB's) while "hardly taking any risks whatsoever".

You pointed to *one* measure (human polls).

The same polls who are run by imbeciles like Jeff Fisher and the PrepForce guy.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Again, you're just flailing right now because, yes, the objective fact is that STA was in the MNC discussion in 2019 and Mater Dei wasn't.

Mater Dei was in the MNC discussion. People were actively discussing how they were really the best team despite losing to SJB.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

In fact if you want to count 2020, which you seem inclined to do, then STA has two top 10 finishes in the human polls to Mater Dei's one.

I only count 2020 when you count "arguments" for imaginary MNCs. Yes, many of those human polls didn't rank CA teams because CA played in the spring and the polls only ran in the fall. If you want to highlight arbitrary almost-championships then 2020 seems to fit that bill for Mater Dei.

We can both agree that 1) neither STA nor MD won an MNC in 2019. There are only "arguments" for both teams - but nothing tangible.

You pointed to *one* measure (human polls).

The same polls who are run by imbeciles like Jeff Fisher and the PrepForce guy.

I pointed out 1) computer polls and 2) human polls. 

I actually did not reference HSFBA (FIsher's) rankings at all. I could go back and include his, but what's the point, I'm sure his proprietary algorithm is "rigged" as well.

5 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Mater Dei was in the MNC discussion.

No, they weren't.

This is elementary stuff. It's embarrassing that people stick to obviously ridiculous arguments.

I'm sure that the next step for the SoCal hype machine is to try to claim a national championship without winning a state championship (or bowl) but, no, not even winning their section championship precluded them from being in any discussion.

8 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I only count 2020 when you count "arguments" for imaginary MNCs. Yes, many of those human polls didn't rank CA teams because CA played in the spring and the polls only ran in the fall. If you want to highlight arbitrary almost-championships then 2020 seems to fit that bill for Mater Dei.

Mater Dei didn't have a 2020 season.

Seek help.