SJB wants all the smoke...

PlayTheGame

10 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

1) neither STA nor MD won an MNC in 2019. There are only "arguments" for both teams - but nothing tangible.

If I was as dishonest and opportunistic as you I'd claim that bogus Geico poll that appeared at the end of that season.

But I'm good with merely claiming that SJB's MNC is completely bogus and is the product of rigged computers and hopeless biased humans.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is not the same as being in the MNC discussion.

Manifestly so.

Right, because the perceived best team in the country would never be in an MNC discussions. They were "in the discussion", because people felt they were the best team despite losing to SJB.

If I was as dishonest and opportunistic as you

ad hominem

I'd claim that bogus Geico poll that appeared at the end of that season.

Good call on not doing so.

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

But I'm good with merely claiming that SJB's MNC is completely bogus and is the product of rigged computers and hopeless biased humans.

I'm good with that as well. You are entitled to your own "rigged" opinions.

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It just keeps getting worse for you.

I'm sure that the fewer than 5 people who suffer through reading all of this will be swayed by this extremely persuasive argument.

12 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

They were "in the discussion", because people felt they were the best team despite losing to SJB.

They were not in the discussion because they lost in the equivalent of the semifinal. Same reason why 2009 STA wasn't in the discussion.

But I'm a reasonable person so I understand that.

So Mater Dei underperformed in 2019?

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

The computers *are* designed in a way that objectively benefits SoCal schools. This is not even controversial.

The media is composed of human beings who are most definitely biased.

When lost for any kind of refutation you pull out the strawmen.

Classic.

You sound like JC law student programmed to argue that everything is nothing vs. finding common ground for a solution. Good job building an impenetrable VICTIM matrix. 

Re: MNC’s, there’s 1) total, 2) past and 3) present, with the latter holding the most weight for today and immediate future (i.e., relevancy/recency)., which hopefully you can find common ground for debate (I.e., not a polls a victim or or # of NFL player spiel).

1. TOTAL MNC’s MD= 5*(4) |SJB=2 | STA=2**(3) includes any/all national media polls and human coaches polls)
*don’t really count 2020 spring for MD, so maybe it’s 4 MNCs   **STA should’ve had a piece of 2019 title

Net-Net - not much of an argument here about legacy, MD is simply on a different level vs STA, but will give nod over SJB .

A0A9BE1C-18AF-462B-B765-537F0E8083A1.thumb.jpeg.123a0b6f613a20ad7c69f37b077eaf9f.jpeg

2. RECENT: SJB 2019 vs STA 2019*

Objectively think it’s a tie, and feel like I’m being reasonable/fair here

FBC758FA-9DEE-41C6-9C32-5E5128A8C07B.thumb.jpeg.9b2127b0d10fceaf428609fc4be6daaa.jpeg

3. Current/Future. MD is #1 in ANY/ALL National Polls PERIOD

SJB - loss is to MD | STA - loss to Jesuit

Its not even a debate here - own up to this and be a man. This is not STA’s year, be humble and honored your still part of the convo with MD. And I watched the STA Bosco game, kinda reminded me of your loss to Jesuit where the better team loss. 

Your forum name suggests you may have read Ayn Rand, so I assume you’re familiar with the quote.

Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.

2 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Of course they did, as an STA fan I would think you'd be better able to recognize underperformance.

I'm honored that the best program in the country for 10+ years could be considered an underperformer.

I'm failing to see what argument, if any, you'd have to being better than them despite zero commensurate achievements.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm failing to see what argument, if any, you'd have to being better than them despite zero commensurate achievements.

I've listed many already in this thread. The only response you have for them is that they are "rigged" because they don't support your position.

7 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

You sound like JC law student programmed to argue that everything is nothing vs. finding common ground for a solution.

There is no common ground on this with the California people. They will refuse to acknowledge that much of their reputation is based on patently absurd computer ratings and even more absurd media narratives.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

There is no common ground on this with the California people. They will refuse to acknowledge that much of their reputation is based on patently absurd computer ratings and even more absurd media narratives.

Make your case than dude, with logic. it’s 2+2=3 or sky is purple.  Without common ground there can be no debate, so until I see that, talking to you about MNCs is a waste of my MFT. 

12 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

1. TOTAL MNC’s MD= 5*(4) |SJB=2 | STA=2**(3) includes any/all national media polls and human coaches polls)
*don’t really count 2020 spring for MD, so maybe it’s 4 MNCs   **STA should’ve had a piece of 2019 title

Net-Net - not much of an argument here about legacy, MD is simply on a different level vs STA, but will give not over SJB .

If you have more national championships than state championships then the former claims are absurd.

There was probably a lot of strong-arming and politicking jus to get STA a top 5 ranking in 1992. In other words, there's not much that can be done to overcome name recognition and media narratives.

So you're argument is basically that since Mater Dei benefitted more from media narratives in the 1990s then they're a better program.

That's certainly a position.