SJB wants all the smoke...

PlayTheGame

17 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

You sound like JC law student programmed to argue that everything is nothing vs. finding common ground for a solution. Good job building an impenetrable VICTIM matrix. 

Re: MNC’s, there’s 1) total, 2) past and 3) present, with the latter holding the most weight for today and immediate future (i.e., relevancy/recency)., which hopefully you can find common ground for debate (I.e., not a polls a victim or or # of NFL player spiel).

1. TOTAL MNC’s MD= 5*(4) |SJB=2 | STA=2**(3) includes any/all national media polls and human coaches polls)
*don’t really count 2020 spring for MD, so maybe it’s 4 MNCs   **STA should’ve had a piece of 2019 title

Net-Net - not much of an argument here about legacy, MD is simply on a different level vs STA, but will give nod over SJB .

A0A9BE1C-18AF-462B-B765-537F0E8083A1.thumb.jpeg.123a0b6f613a20ad7c69f37b077eaf9f.jpeg

2. RECENT: SJB 2019 vs STA 2019*

Objectively think it’s a tie, and feel like I’m being reasonable/fair here

FBC758FA-9DEE-41C6-9C32-5E5128A8C07B.thumb.jpeg.9b2127b0d10fceaf428609fc4be6daaa.jpeg

3. Current/Future. MD is #1 in ANY/ALL National Polls PERIOD

SJB - loss is to MD | STA - loss to Jesuit

Its not even a debate here - own up to this and be a man. This is not STA’s year, be humble and honored your still part of the convo with MD. And I watched the STA Bosco game, kinda reminded me of your loss to Jesuit where the better team loss. 

Your forum name suggests you may have read Ayn Rand, so I assume you’re familiar with the quote.

Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.

FINAL post to Atticus Finc. Re: MNC debate - I rest my case. 

6 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Make your case than dude, with logic. it’s 2+2=3 or sky is purple.  Without common ground there can be no debate, so until I see that, talking to you about MNCs is a waste of my MFT. 

I just said: there will be no common ground here.

You will not admit the bogus narratives that drive much of this stuff.

MaxPreps is practically a subsidiary of the Trinity League.

23 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Using your logic, if 2019 is a tie then STA wins 3-2.

That’s sorta correct, for #1 Total MNCs, STA wins vs. SJB (3 vs 2), but still lower than MD (4, excl. 2020). 

For #2, Recent/Relevancy, still a tie w/ SJB/STA 2019

It’s a compromise dude, based in logic. Gotta give a little to get. Answer #1 and #3 objectively with your own logic to encourage debate. 

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

I just said: there will be no common ground here.

You will not admit the bogus narratives that drive much of this stuff.

MaxPreps is practically a subsidiary of the Trinity League.

Address Jesuit? Address total MNCs or case for STA supremacy as best HS team (excl all forms of current measurement) - you chose the bar.  

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Travelling across the country is not an adverse circumstance? I'm sure the Centennial, AZ guys would love to know that.

SJB as I recall stayed a number of days (all week?) in SoFL prior to playing STA… including a social media photo op of the team enjoying a beach visit and swim in the Atlantic Ocean, while the STA players were attending class.  

49 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

3. Current/Future. MD is #1 in ANY/ALL National Polls PERIOD

SJB - loss is to MD | STA - loss to Jesuit

Its not even a debate here - own up to this and be a man. This is not STA’s year, be humble and honored your still part of the convo with MD. And I watched the STA Bosco game, kinda reminded me of your loss to Jesuit where the better team loss. 

I have no problem saying that this is not STA's year and have never even come close to saying it was.

Spoiler alert: a Trinity League team will win the MNC again for the 4th straight year.

Because, in normal circumstances, nobody *can* win it other than them.

STA lost to Jesuit because of silliness. SJB lost to STA because STA's defense would always give them fits.

Future claims is funny though given that Mater Dei has had their legendary coach for 32 years and they disappeared from national discussions for 15 of those years in the middle. SJB has their greatest coach ever and can't seem to win a big road OOS game.

Meanwhile, STA is on their 3rd coach in this era and is still nibbling around the top.

When Mater Dei and SJB do the same then give me a call.

30 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Address total MNCs or case for STA supremacy as best HS team (excl all forms of current measurement) - you chose the bar.  

STA is the best *program* which I don't think has every many good arguments against it.

• Been in continuous MNC discussion for the longest of the three schools (since 2008)
  • 14-4 in OOS games playing mostly all elite competition and has been doing so for longer than the other two
  • Most college players for umpteenth straight years
  • Most NFL players for 10 straight years

14 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

SJB as I recall stayed a number of days (all week?) in SoFL prior to playing STA… including a social media photo op of the team enjoying a beach visit and swim in the Atlantic Ocean, while the STA players were attending class.  

I think they got here Monday which is crazy.

The circumstances of the Centennial and Jesuit games are crazy themselves, too.

On 11/4/2021 at 3:35 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Sjb would go to Aquinas again. Well, I assume they would. I know for a fact Mater Dei would. IMO, that’s the matchup to be made, I know MD has reached out STA. Hopefully the game gets made. 

Not sure whether MD travels further than TX, but do you know of any reason why STA game hasn’t been made? For that matter, are there ANY top 10 OOS Teams that have called out MD publicly that we said no to?

I also wouldn’t mind playing SFA again in Maryland assuming they beat IMG and of course TX 6A champ but that’ll likely never happen;however, I hear Bosco has a date next year already locked-in…any idea who that is?

44 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Help me figure something out... 

Jserra is 3-8... how did they get in the playoffs with not a single conference win?

You think that’s disturbing 

Narbonne  got their first (1st) win of the season in their playoff game…yes I said they  made the playoffs at 0-8

now 1-8 and on to the quarter finals 😳

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

You think that’s disturbing 

Narbonne  got their first (1st) win of the season in their playoff game…yes I said they  made the playoffs at 0-8

now 1-8 and on to the quarter finals 😳

That's ridiculous.... 

I hate seeing teams with subpar records make it in My own state... 

But in Georgia you gotta place in the top 4 of your league to get in... 

And must have a 5-5 record minimum to get the at large bid...

• Like 1