Ohio St is going to win.....BUT

RedZone

11 hours ago, concha said:

Buckeyes hand Nebraska their worst loss of the year.

Nebraska has five losses to currently ranked teams by a total of 26 points.

...concha trying to paint the picture that Ohio St had a convincing win yesterday..... something no other team could do is classic concha.

Realty? Ohio St won the game on a terrible no call and lucky bounce on a fumble.

I don't blame concha though. When you are trying to make a case for your team making the playoffs you pull out all the stops.

..concha is a good fan!

16 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

tOSU doesn’t belong anywhere near the top 4. 

They might be Top 4, then again they might not be. That kind of year.

I was more impressed with some of the teams that have 2 and 3 losses yesterday.

Couple of the 1-loss teams weren't all that special yesterday.

Ohio St. better not sleep on Purdue next week.........that game may be better than people think.

Crazy, I was looking at the Louisiana commits for 2022/2023 and Purdue has 5-6 commits from Louisiana. Looks really odd. Purdue must have someone up there with Bayou connections. Might have to check that out later. I wouldn't have thought Louisiana kids even knew what a "Purdue" was.

48 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Ohio St. better not sleep on Purdue next week.........that game may be better than people think.

Crazy, I was looking at the Louisiana commits for 2022/2023 and Purdue has 5-6 commits from Louisiana. Looks really odd. Purdue must have someone up there with Bayou connections. Might have to check that out later. I wouldn't have thought Louisiana kids even knew what a "Purdue" was.

Look for Purdue to face plant against OSU, big win over Sparty and the Boilers are still drinking at the chocolate shop. 

Depth issues for the Boilers, don’t see it happening against OSU. 

bgw

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Look for Purdue to face plant against OSU

Probably right........BUT, Ohio St doesn't play Purdue every year and the last time they played was in 2018 Purdue won that game 49-20. Purdue was 6-7 that year.

2018-Ohio State (Big Ten)

9/1 vs. Oregon State (2-10) W 77 31
9/8 vs. *Rutgers (1-11) W 52 3
9/15 vs. Texas Christian (7-6) W 40 28 @ Arlington, TX
9/22 vs. Tulane (7-6) W 49 6
9/29 @ *Penn State (9-4) W 27 26
10/6 vs. *Indiana (5-7) W 49 26
10/13 vs. *Minnesota (7-6) W 30 14
10/20 @ *Purdue (6-7) L 20 49
11/3 vs. *Nebraska (4-8) W 36 31
11/10 @ *Michigan State (7-6) W 26 6
11/17 @ *Maryland (5-7) W 52 51
11/24 vs. *Michigan (10-3) W 62 39
12/1 vs. *Northwestern (9-5) W 45 24 @ Indianapolis, IN Big Ten Championship
1/1 vs. Washington (10-4) W 28 23 @ Pasadena, CA Rose Bowl

17 hours ago, RedZone said:

Realty? Ohio St won the game on a terrible no call and lucky bounce on a fumble.

That’s not reality, just your perspective. Big difference there.

Having said that, I do agree that tOSU’s road win @NEB wasn’t very impressive. While NEB has been playing opponents tough, the Buckeyes have so much more talent that the game shouldn’t have been as competitive as it was.

That’s kinda how their season has gone thus far, though. They didn’t dominate Minnesota or Tulsa as they should have either.

Good news is they are playing freshman at several key positions, who have all shown improvement. The defense has also shown a lot of improvement.

They just might be a much better team in a few weeks than they are now.

But I agree that as of right now they aren’t deserving of a playoff spot. However the path to it is right in front of them.

If they run the table, including winning the B10 championship, they’ll be deserving.

9 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

While NEB has been playing opponents tough,

Some of you act like Nebraska should go to the Rose Bowl because they played some people tough. 😃

Nebraska is now 3-7

I have no problem with Ohio St making the playoffs......there really aren't any power teams this year. Last few years it's been Alabama and Clemson locks for the playoffs. Alabama isn't that great and Clemson is currently off the map. Georgia looks to have some serious juice, everyone else is hoping and praying.

Alabama didn't exactly outclass depleted LSU Saturday night. Hell, LSU looked like a playoff team especially defensively. lol

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

Some of you act like Nebraska should go to the Rose Bowl because they played some people tough. 😃

Nebraska is now 3-7

Not true. I simply acknowledged they’ve been playing close, tough games. Because of that and how tOSU has been playing, I didn’t expect a boat race as others did.

I also acknowledged that tOSU isn’t deserving of a playoff spot right now. So my comments regarding NEB aren’t to build them up. They aren’t a good team. Mediocre at best. By record, they aren’t even that.

As I already said, the game shouldn’t have been close. Unimpressive W.

CINN had one of those too against Tulsa. Even less impressive than when tOSU beat them by 21. Tulsa lost to UC Davis of the FCS.

Any team worthy of a top 4 spot should have annihilated Tulsa. CIN and tOSU didn’t.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 7:01 AM, RedZone said:

Hey they better NOT sleep on who?

Did you stutter? 😂

• Haha 2

On 11/7/2021 at 7:01 AM, RedZone said:

Y’all getting running clocked by a bunch of kids from Jersey, taking y’all to the pastures

2 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

59-31 tOSU takes a knee on Purdue’s 5 inside 2 minutes 

come out & play @RedZone

The defense gave up way too much, but the offense was nearly flawless. As good an offensive performance as you’ll see most Saturday’s. 

Purdue didn’t have much of chance to even slow down the Buckeyes. Ryan Day showed mercy kneeling on the ball at the end.

Defenses sure are in a pickle deciding whether to sell out on TreVeyon Henderson and the running game or worrying more about Stroud, Wilson, Olave and Smith-Njigba.

6 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

The defense gave up way too much, but the offense was nearly flawless. As good an offensive performance as you’ll see most Saturday’s. 

Purdue didn’t have much of chance to even slow down the Buckeyes. Ryan Day showed mercy kneeling on the ball at the end.

Defenses sure are in a pickle deciding whether to sell out on TreVeyon Henderson and the running game or worrying more about Stroud, Wilson, Olave and Smith-Njigba.

Makes you wonder if D would play different if closer but they held the 4 TD lead and that’s enough today 😀

7 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Makes you wonder if D would play different if closer but they held the 4 TD lead and that’s enough today 😀

They are bringing ZERO pressure and keep playing this soft zone. 

The talent they have to go after the QB is just silly, but they stay with a 3 and 4-man rush.  It's almost like they're saving the pressure packages for opponents they know will be more challenging.

It's either strategery or some form of cognitive disability.

13 hours ago, concha said:

They are bringing ZERO pressure and keep playing this soft zone. 

The talent they have to go after the QB is just silly, but they stay with a 3 and 4-man rush.  It's almost like they're saving the pressure packages for opponents they know will be more challenging.

It's either strategery or some form of cognitive disability.

Hopefully they are holding back and not showing b4 the 2 Bitch again games😀