Arizona Game of the Year - Chandler 14 v. Hamilton 21

Wooderson

Longtime district rivals Chandler and Hamilton meet tonight in a rematch of last season's Open state championship, with the winner securing the 6A Premier Region championship and the #1 seed in the Open bracket. 

Chandler currently holds a 47-game win streak and hasn't lost to an Arizona opponent since 2017 but is coming off a pair of very close calls the past two weeks. Bishop Gorman and 2020 6A division champ Chaparral have been the only close calls on Hamilton's slate and are my grudging favorite for this game and the Open state championship.

I believe YurView will have the game available for streaming purchase.

• Thanks 6
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Longtime district rivals Chandler and Hamilton meet tonight in a rematch of last season's Open state championship, with the winner securing the 6A Premier Region championship and the #1 seed in the Open bracket. 

Chandler currently holds a 47-game win streak and hasn't lost to an Arizona opponent since 2017 but is coming off a pair of very close calls the past two weeks. Bishop Gorman and 2020 6A division champ Chaparral have been the only close calls on Hamilton's slate and are my grudging favorite for this game and the Open state championship.

I believe YurView will have the game available for streaming purchase.

I like Chandler in this one. Seen both play and I think they pull it out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I like Chandler in this one. Seen both play and I think they pull it out.

That would be my personal preference but from what I've seen Chandler doesn't have the line play or run game to overwhelm teams as they have in the past. I have a higher opinion of certain pond scums than I do Hamilton's program but Chandler struggled mightily with some of the teams Hamilton cast aside like a cheating girlfriend.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

That would be my personal preference but from what I've seen Chandler doesn't have the line play or run game to overwhelm teams as they have in the past. I have a higher opinion of certain pond scums than I do Hamilton's program but Chandler struggled mightily with some of the teams Hamilton cast aside like a cheating girlfriend.

The Hamilton transfers?

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The fact that they were involved in a sexual abuse scandal/coverup involving upperclassmen and underclassmen and came out of the whole matter unscathed but a coaching change.

Stay as far away from the dad of Hamilton's QB as you can. And then go another 200 miles further.

Not saying he had anything to do with the sexual abuse thing, but his behavior when his boys were playing in Colorado was atrocious.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I saw the Hamilton/ BG game. Like an idiot I left with about 6 minutes left so missed the frantic comeback. That said IMO the Bishop was the much better team. Yeah they lost, but I’d take them 9/10 in rematches.  

I saw about a quarter of the Chandler / Queen Creek game a few weeks ago. I am with you I was not overly impressed with the line play of Chandler compared to what I’ve seen in the past. And If Chandler does not get any pressure or disrupt Marichiol he is the difference maker to me and why I like Hamilton. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Stay as far away from the dad of Hamilton's QB as you can. And then go another 200 miles further.

Not saying he had anything to do with the sexual abuse thing, but his behavior when his boys were playing in Colorado was atrocious.

Really? He was at Regis before he moved?

The lefty can play and is fun to watch. Didn’t realize he had a doosh like Marc Marinovich for a dad 😂

9 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Really? He was at Regis before he moved?

The lefty can play and is fun to watch. Didn’t realize he had a doosh like Marc Marinovich for a dad 😂

Older son began at Cherry Creek, was a very good LB/SS, then transferred to IMG for his senior year. The younger one went to Regis rather than Cherry Creek, then transferrerd to Hamilton.

I know folks at Cherry Creek and Regis, who all said that although the kids were good players, they were not disappointed to see the family (dad) go.  

I went to one Cherry Creek game when the older one was playing, and had to ask who in the world the one guy was yelling and screaming as he paced back and forth the entire game along the fence between the bleachers and the field. I later heard a number of crazy stories. The guy's a big dude, played LB a bit in the NFL. Not all there. Threatened numerous people -- even said there were some mafia ties he wasn't afraid to tap into. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Generally speaking I have an issue with the parents of Hamilton's Colorado transfers. In all other areas they might be fantastic people, I just have a disconnect with the thought process that results in moving your entire family to be part of a football program less than two years removed from a public sexual abuse scandal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Generally speaking I have an issue with the parents of Hamilton's Colorado transfers. In all other areas they might be fantastic people, I just have a disconnect with the thought process that results in moving your entire family to be part of a football program less than two years removed from a public sexual abuse scandal.

I wouldn't put this family in the fantastic people category.

The dad's sister has had her challenges as well. You can find news articles about her past Phoenix transgressions. Not good.

And the older son who went from Cherry Creek to IMG, ended up on at least 3 different college rosters (A&M, U of A, Colo State - Pueblo), finding trouble and getting separated from each program along the way.

• Wooderson changed the title to Arizona Game of the Year - Chandler 14 v. Hamilton 14
  • Wooderson changed the title to Arizona Game of the Year - Chandler 14 v. Hamilton 21
8 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

I wouldn't put this family in the fantastic people category.

The dad's sister has had her challenges as well. You can find news articles about her past Phoenix transgressions. Not good.

And the older son who went from Cherry Creek to IMG, ended up on at least 3 different college rosters (A&M, U of A, Colo State - Pueblo), finding trouble and getting separated from each program along the way.

Sounds like a nice family. Sure that Thanksgiving family dinner is a blast.