Official Zed Zeppelin Tribute thread

imaGoodBoyNow

When I listened to Zepplin's first album in early 1969...I told both my brothers....everything will change now.

EVERYTHING !!!!

I was a huge enthusiast of the White Album.  Listened to it weekly for a whole year before Zep dropped their first.  I remember saying...this is not a band...this is four gods waking the world thru their music.

There will NEVER be another group like Zepplin.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

When I listened to Zepplin's first album in early 1969...I told both my brothers....everything will change now.

EVERYTHING !!!!

I was a huge enthusiast of the White Album.  Listened to it weekly for a whole year before Zep dropped their first.  I remember saying...this is not a band...this is four gods waking the world thru their music.

Rufus>>

NEVER!!!!

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

EVERYTHING !!!!

Rufus>>

Sucks the radio station who used to play. led Zepp Janis Joplin, Hendrix 24/7 closed down I gotta find a new station now

7 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

My generation the songs now are like 3-4 mins, Led Zepp is like only band that I can listen to 10 mins of 1 song, he’s really good at that 

did you ever see the movie "The Song Remains the Same"?,,,,,watch it...then watch it again...and then once more....😉

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

EVERYTHING !!!!

Rufus>>

Who’s your second and 3rd favorite band or artist 

4 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Who’s your second and 3rd favorite band or artist 

When I read this...I decided I wanted to give it some thought before I answered.

It's extremely hard to pick "favorites"...so I've settled in on which bands influenced me (whether good or bad).

My first major influence was....The Doors.  Their music wasn't for everybody...but I connected.  Most of my friends thought Morrison was weird.  And that was probably Gospel....but I just loved the driving melodies...especially Manzarek's keyboard interjections.  I still listen to The Doors today.  The jury is still out on whether they were a good or a bad influence on me...(Smile).

There were a lot of Southern rockers...and most of them were outstanding musicians....especially Skynard.  I suppose I gravitated towards the Allman Brothers.  Especially the original group which included Dwayne and Berry Oakley.  Loved to hear Dwayne and Dickie battle it out.  There's you two fine guitarists.  Don't get me wrong...I still liked them after Dwayne and Berry died (motorcycle accidents)...baby brother Gregg could wail.  And they still had Dickie Betts on guitar.  Just an all-around talented and inspiring Georgia rock band.  They're high on my list.

Finally....and this is hard cause I had the fortune of listening and watching SO MANY great bands....I cannot in good faith leave out...

Crosby, Stills & Nash

Their music could and still can...reach your soul.  Those guys were meant to play together...even though...I don't think Graham Nash and David Crosby...love each other these days....LOL.  Stephen Stills is the most underrated performer I can name.  His songs are performed to this day.  Oh, and to be completely...I said COMPLETELY...clear.....Screw Neil Young.

I decided to cut this thing short.  There's been so many bands and performers.  Those are the ones that lead me astray...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

Still got all my 60's 33 & 45rpm.Ya made me pull out the Gerard turntable & spin.1st up Allman Bros Idlewild South.2nd Kinks.3rd Beach Boys.4th Zep 1,5.Jethro Tull,6.Stones.7 Beatles.8,& back to the 50's with Buddy Holly.

Nice line-up you got there...I went on Youtube last night and watched some of the "Song Remains the Same" after posting about it!...I forgot how long it's been since I saw it. I was a big Jethro Tull fan too....I was listening to "Eat a Peach" at work yesterday....that music will live on forever!

3 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Nice line-up you got there...I went on Youtube last night and watched some of the "Song Remains the Same" after posting about it!...I forgot how long it's been since I saw it. I was a big Jethro Tull fan too....I was listening to "Eat a Peach" at work yesterday....that music will live on forever!

I was a drummer in a bunch of local bands & filled in for some pretty good ones.When it came to the guitar I was a lefty & could only play Stairway to Heaven & this song on a righty guitar.I flipped the strings & couldn't do shit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

I was a drummer in a bunch of local bands & filled in for some pretty good ones.When it came to the guitar I was a lefty & could only play Stairway to Heaven & this song on a righty guitar.I flipped the strings & couldn't do shit.

besides Aqualung and Thick as a Brick ^ was a good one too! I loved Songs from the Woods...my buddies band is playing at the Mason Jar tomorrow night. Thunderstruck...a AC/DC cover band. I hope to be rockin' tomorrow night!

24 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

besides Aqualung and Thick as a Brick ^ was a good one too! I loved Songs from the Woods...my buddies band is playing at the Mason Jar tomorrow night. Thunderstruck...a AC/DC cover band. I hope to be rockin' tomorrow night!

Mason Jar in Mahwah.Played their,Nobody's Inn,The Jail in Westwood?Ridgewood YMCA,Imaculate Heart,St Joes,Bosco,Soap Factory,Banana's.Shortways Barn,Mothers...My snare drum costs more then I was paid but I did get laid.

Music was mainly Doors,Clapton,N Young,The Band,Hot Tuna,Dead,Allmans,Who,Doobies...Between drumming & finishing drywall for 35+ years I can't even print my name anymore.Dead hands.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

In the early 80's I was on a job extending the front of the Wildlife Center in Wyckoff & a guy that works there had lunch with us.His brother was the singer for Crystal Ship that was a HUGE Doors cover band.They played in NYC,Long Island & mainly big venues.The drummer broke his right ankle & back up was busy so I gave it a shot.These guys were F'N really good  but desperate & wanted me to harmonize(sing) & drum with the guys drum set.I pussied out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tommygun58 said:

In the early 80's I was on a job extending the front of the Wildlife Center in Wyckoff & a guy that works there had lunch with us.His brother was the singer for Crystal Ship that was a HUGE Doors cover band.They played in NYC,Long Island & mainly big venues.The drummer broke his right ankle & back up was busy so I gave it a shot.These guys were F'N really good  but desperate & wanted me to harmonize(sing) & drum with the guys drum set.I pussied out.

I remember the Crystal Ship band....one of the very few good Doors band...never saw them but there were very popular. My favorite local tri-state band was the Good Rats from Long Island....loved those guys...I saw then in 8th grade, they opened for Meatloaf at RCC....they got me in trouble once in H.S...went MIA one week night when they were playing at the O.B. Pub in Orangetown....great night.

The guys I grew up with had a band...a was a P.T. roadie, stage/light guy and even collected the cover charge one night at a bar in Pearl River when I was only 17!...good times!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I remember the Crystal Ship band....one of the very few good Doors band...never saw them but there were very popular. My favorite local tri-state band was the Good Rats from Long Island....loved those guys...I saw then in 8th grade, they opened for Meatloaf at RCC....they got me in trouble once in H.S...went MIA one week night when they were playing at the O.B. Pub in Orangetown....great night.

The guys I grew up with had a band...a was a P.T. roadie, stage/light guy and even collected the cover charge one night at a bar in Pearl River when I was only 17!...good times!

Twisted Sister wasn't ever the top band at the Soap Factory or Mothers but they did their own shit & eventually got a huge following.They are multi millionairs & the head liner copy bands are Home Depot managers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

Twisted Sister wasn't ever the top band at the Soap Factory or Mothers but they did their own shit & eventually got a huge following.They are multi millionairs & the head liner copy bands are Home Depot managers.

Twisted Sister....Long Island's biggest act (besides Billy Joel)...great American rock&roll! Have you been up to Bethel Woods yet? GREAT place to see a show.