Jump to content

Official Zed Zeppelin Tribute thread


imaGoodBoyNow
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, tommygun58 said:

Not sure how old you are or where you grew up but in the 70's there good bands around North Bergen County.Muffin,Fillet of Soul,Godspell,Condore.We had Mountain play at Ridgewood HS in the early 70's I was to young but 2 of my sisters were there.

sounds like I'm about 15 years younger than you...I'm sure @noonerealknows all about those places! I grew up in Rockland county. Back then our drinking age was 18 and N.J. was 21 so N.J. was not the place to be....😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

sounds like I'm about 15 years younger than you...I'm sure @noonerealknows all about those places! I grew up in Rockland county. Back then our drinking age was 18 and N.J. was 21 so N.J. was not the place to be....😉

We all had fake ID for NY.Route 59 & Suffern bars were easy.We went into a few biker bars on 103? & had to punch our way out of them.When I turned 18 the drinking age in NJ went 18 two month later.The best ID which was  nothing but a piece of shit cardboard was my draft card.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

We all had fake ID for NY.Route 59 & Suffern bars were easy.We went into a few biker bars on 103? & had to punch our way out of them.When I turned 18 the drinking age in NJ went 18 two month later.The best ID which was  nothing but a piece of shit cardboard was my draft card.

Those were the places I hit...it's Rt. 303....Cookoo's Nest? was a popular bar there. Most places just wanted to see some ID back then...they didn't really look too hard. We would go to DMV and get an extra licenses which were paper and had no pictures and get someone to forge the DOB.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DBP66 said:

Those were the places I hit...it's Rt. 303....Cookoo's Nest? was a popular bar there. Most places just wanted to see some ID back then...they didn't really look too hard. We would go to DMV and get an extra licenses which were paper and had no pictures and get someone to forge the DOB.. 

303 that's it.When Orange County Choppers came on tv me & few of my bar hopping friends recognized the father.Ugly dude as are his sons.Crazy shit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DBP66 said:

sounds like I'm about 15 years younger than you...I'm sure @noonerealknows all about those places! I grew up in Rockland county. Back then our drinking age was 18 and N.J. was 21 so N.J. was not the place to be....😉

 

9 hours ago, tommygun58 said:

303 that's it.When Orange County Choppers came on tv me & few of my bar hopping friends recognized the father.Ugly dude as are his sons.Crazy shit.

@Mickeybern 

 

any of y’all ever watch uncle Floyd show growing up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

LOL...yea...it was nuts...he was a crazy guy with goofy props...funny shit!

 

55 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

We had him at junior wrestling coaches dinner years ago.He was funny as hell & totally rated x.He didn't bring Oggie with him though.

The dinner was in Saddle Brook.

 

29 minutes ago, Troll said:

lol he used to stroll the boardwalk in Seaside...

...and he is still around.

Last week on the piano...

image.png.6f1ab7a2e980225a6232c57e436495ef.png

What made you bring him up ?

 

I was cleaning my car trunk and I seen the old VHS show of his, fugure u old heads heard of him, 

 

trying to find the old episode when I was on the show when I was like 4 years old lol

30E14630-4A67-42EB-9DF3-431243F34180.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

When I read this...I decided I wanted to give it some thought before I answered.

It's extremely hard to pick "favorites"...so I've settled in on which bands influenced me (whether good or bad).

My first major influence was....The Doors.  Their music wasn't for everybody...but I connected.  Most of my friends thought Morrison was weird.  And that was probably Gospel....but I just loved the driving melodies...especially Manzarek's keyboard interjections.  I still listen to The Doors today.  The jury is still out on whether they were a good or a bad influence on me...(Smile).

There were a lot of Southern rockers...and most of them were outstanding musicians....especially Skynard.  I suppose I gravitated towards the Allman Brothers.  Especially the original group which included Dwayne and Berry Oakley.  Loved to hear Dwayne and Dickie battle it out.  There's you two fine guitarists.  Don't get me wrong...I still liked them after Dwayne and Berry died (motorcycle accidents)...baby brother Gregg could wail.  And they still had Dickie Betts on guitar.  Just an all-around talented and inspiring Georgia rock band.  They're high on my list.

Finally....and this is hard cause I had the fortune of listening and watching SO MANY great bands....I cannot in good faith leave out...

Crosby, Stills & Nash

Their music could and still can...reach your soul.  Those guys were meant to play together...even though...I don't think Graham Nash and David Crosby...love each other these days....LOL.  Stephen Stills is the most underrated performer I can name.  His songs are performed to this day.  Oh, and to be completely...I said COMPLETELY...clear.....Screw Neil Young.

I decided to cut this thing short.  There's been so many bands and performers.  Those are the ones that lead me astray...(Smile).

 

 

Rufus>>

 

 

Lynyrd SkynRd has to be up on the list

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

@imaGoodBoyNow I can’t believe I wasn’t tagged, im probably one of the biggest Zep guys and the biggest Robert Plant fan on here. That guy is one of my idols. 

How could you

 

I’ll be honest I seen some of ur songs u post, didn’t come to mind ur a Zep Head

 

maybe Celine Dion but never thought Zep

 

whats your top 5 songs from them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’ll be honest I seen some of ur songs u post, didn’t come to mind ur a Zep Head

 

maybe Celine Dion but never thought Zep

 

whats your top 5 songs from them

Celine Dion? Where does that come from lol? 

 

And my top 5

Babe I’m gonna Leave You 

Bring it on Home

Dazed and Confused 

In the Evening

When the Levee Breaks 

 

honorable mentions 

Trampled Under Foot

House Of the Holy 

Bron Yr Stomp 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2021 at 9:20 PM, DBP66 said:

sounds like I'm about 15 years younger than you...I'm sure @noonerealknows all about those places! I grew up in Rockland county. Back then our drinking age was 18 and N.J. was 21 so N.J. was not the place to be....😉

I have no clue what my fellow esteemed poster, @tommygun58 is talking about. north Bergen County was a cultural wasteland. No joke, the kids there were sheltered pinheads.

I recall very clearly Bosco had a rock concert. They were not sure who to hire so they asked the student body. The choice given, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap or Jimi Hendrix! No joke. The students picked Puckett! (we wound up with 3 Dog Night, pop crap) I thought I was stuck on some strange planet bussing up to Bosco each day.

We had The Capital Theater in Passaic and we had a 10 minute ride to Manhattan. The Bergen boys were not allowed in Manhattan at night. LOL 

Heck we had to cross into NY to get served. Steak and Brew, the Hob Nob and a great nude strip club on 59. (21-18 thing)

Yes, tons of good stuff going on but it was not in Bergen. PC was was cool. You get get stoned with the teachers there. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

 

By chance, you post from arguably the best album ever released. (even a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare!)

 What you got back home, little brother, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! You're invited. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Celine Dion? Where does that come from lol? 

 

And my top 5

Babe I’m gonna Leave You 

Bring it on Home

Dazed and Confused 

In the Evening

When the Levee Breaks 

 

honorable mentions 

Trampled Under Foot

House Of the Holy 

Bron Yr Stomp 

I was working in a factory in Passaic one summer when my buddy from Boston called me to tell me he had tickets for Zep that night. It was about 5 in the afternoon. I drove fast as I could and got to the concert. Yeah, they were definitely not a bad band. 😎

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

I was working in a factory in Passaic one summer when my buddy from Boston called me to tell me he had tickets for Zep that night. It was about 5 in the afternoon. I drove fast as I could and got to the concert. Yeah, they were definitely not a bad band. 😎

What I would do to be able to see Led Zep or Robert Plant... wow! So cool you got to see them

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

I have no clue what my fellow esteemed poster, @tommygun58 is talking about. north Bergen County was a cultural wasteland. No joke, the kids there were sheltered pinheads.

I recall very clearly Bosco had a rock concert. They were not sure who to hire so they asked the student body. The choice given, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap or Jimi Hendrix! No joke. The students picked Puckett! (we wound up with 3 Dog Night, pop crap) I thought I was stuck on some strange planet bussing up to Bosco each day.

We had The Capital Theater in Passaic and we had a 10 minute ride to Manhattan. The Bergen boys were not allowed in Manhattan at night. LOL 

Heck we had to cross into NY to get served. Steak and Brew, the Hob Nob and a great nude strip club on 59. (21-18 thing)

Yes, tons of good stuff going on but it was not in Bergen. PC was was cool. You get get stoned with the teachers there. 

 

 

 

Wrong.We would cut out of school & head to Yankee Stadium for afternoon games get smashed & get a $10.00 blow job before leaving for home.One time my girlfriend spotted lipstick on my johnson & didn't touch me for weeks.

Order a hamburger at Steak & Brew & you got beer or Sangria all you could drink free but usually got tossed after 2 hours.My Geometry teacher bounced at Hob Nob so that was out so we hit Puruna's(spelling)or the strip joint on 59 in Nyack.9W Club in NJ was the best strip joint until it turned juice only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

I have no clue what my fellow esteemed poster, @tommygun58 is talking about. north Bergen County was a cultural wasteland. No joke, the kids there were sheltered pinheads.

I recall very clearly Bosco had a rock concert. They were not sure who to hire so they asked the student body. The choice given, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap or Jimi Hendrix! No joke. The students picked Puckett! (we wound up with 3 Dog Night, pop crap) I thought I was stuck on some strange planet bussing up to Bosco each day.

We had The Capital Theater in Passaic and we had a 10 minute ride to Manhattan. The Bergen boys were not allowed in Manhattan at night. LOL 

Heck we had to cross into NY to get served. Steak and Brew, the Hob Nob and a great nude strip club on 59. (21-18 thing)

Yes, tons of good stuff going on but it was not in Bergen. PC was was cool. You get get stoned with the teachers there. 

 

 

 

JIMI HENDRIX?!?....WOW...how cool would that have been?!?...talk about opportunity's missed...imagine if he played there and someone got it on tape!?!..When I went there the Jersey guys were all about Bruce....Bruce and more Bruce...I remember the first time playing Black Sabbath's "Ironman" in the locker room...most of the Jersey guys never heard it!!...then it became out theme song naturally!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...