Covid Travel Woes

On2whls

After going to Austria and (still working my way) back, all I can say is what a cluster.  

If you have to travel, get the PCR test no matter what going and coming if you can. I got just the Antigen test (which meets US requirements for returning Americans) but wasn’t allowed to get past the first checks in Vienna for several hours all due to confusion about the test requirements.

After finally getting through was made to go through numerous repeat checks, and made to download the Arrive Canada app and fill it out, even though I was just stopping in Montreal.   Because Canada doesn’t take the antigen test, the info on the app was confusing to border officials here. 

Bottom line, missed flights because of airline personnel confusion/ ineptitude, now a whole day behind schedule, despite having all proper documentation.  

Oh, and the Arrive Canada App which states the questions are just for info only, is really a tracking and flagging device.  US customs was fed misleading info but that delay was minor.

Was never a fan of Canada.  Now, I like it even less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

After going to Austria and (still working my way) back, all I can say is what a cluster.  

If you have to travel, get the PCR test no matter what going and coming if you can. I got just the Antigen test (which meets US requirements for returning Americans) but wasn’t allowed to get past the first checks in Vienna for several hours all due to confusion about the test requirements.

After finally getting through was made to go through numerous repeat checks, and made to download the Arrive Canada app and fill it out, even though I was just stopping in Montreal.   Because Canada doesn’t take the antigen test, the info on the app was confusing to border officials here. 

Bottom line, missed flights because of airline personnel confusion/ ineptitude, now a whole day behind schedule, despite having all proper documentation.  

Oh, and the Arrive Canada App which states the questions are just for info only, is really a tracking and flagging device.  US customs was fed misleading info but that delay was minor.

Was never a fan of Canada.  Now, I like it even less.

Could just stay home 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Footballguy123 said:

Austria and Germany are aligned once again. Reminds me of 1933-1945 

It’s different this time.  It’s more of a woke alliance.   The rural conservative sector floats the economies in those countries whilst the major urban areas collects taxes off the hardest working folks and spreads the money around on all the social programs.  The only global domination you’re likely to see is in chocolates and tarts.