Quest to Colonize Neptune

ChimpGrip

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

For those with an understanding in the subject, what do you think? 

more practical to colonize the moon,

or deep sea...

...and everything as not as 'alien'

as you think.

🤔

BTW: Neptune got some "climate change" going on right now too...

...we gonna blame that on humans as well?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Troll said:

more practical to colonize the moon,

or deep sea...

...and everything as not as 'alien'

as you think.

🤔

BTW: Neptune got some "climate change" going on right now too...

...we gonna blame that on humans as well?  

It's such a fascinating planet that I'm sure has stunning views

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I’m going with Rippers. As much as I like the idea of colonization. Eventually we’re  gonna run out of resources and room on Mother Earth.

bgw

A lot of complex problems would have to be solved. There must be a way to make it a reality or contribute to it so it will one day be (way past my lifetime of course) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 181pl said:

Too effin cold? It's 2,700,000,000 miles from Earth or 3,600,000,000 miles from the Sun. It takes 20 years to even get there...

Right, but the platform/craft/ship/floating city would be heated and the goal would be able to harness gases in the atmosphere to power it and provide oxygen to residents and passengers through helium burning.

Now getting there is a different story. Voyager II (going 42,000 mph) got there in 1989 after leaving in Earth in 1977. If you could travel at the speed of light, it would take you a little over four hours to get to Neptune from Earth. Several complex problems would arise from the traveling aspect of it. 

• ChimpGrip changed the title to Quest to Colonize Neptune
2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Don’t have time to read thread but Neptune wat the fuck, didn’t u Texans get enough cold last winter 🥶 

fuck that we going to Mars

You can go to Mars but I’m going to Neptune

You wouldn’t want to wake up and see this in the morning (where it’s a little more peaceful, weather-wise)? 

3F5FB09E-2897-429A-A8CF-995AB0F00DCB.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Several complex problems would arise from the traveling aspect of it. 

ding ding 🛎️ lol...

PS: perhaps you forgot to ask yourself why 🤔

kinda like a cost benefit thingy 👍

BTW: Technical accomplishments are one thing...

...but "COLONIZATION" is quite another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

You can go to Mars but I’m going to Neptune

You wouldn’t want to wake up and see this in the morning (where it’s a little more peaceful, weather-wise)? 

3F5FB09E-2897-429A-A8CF-995AB0F00DCB.jpeg

ok Van Gogh...I see where you are going LOL

You want roll clouds (or any of the other newly minted cloud types)

all you gotta do is look up on the leading edge  of the low fronts

just  👀 follow the planes 👍

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Troll said:

ding ding 🛎️ lol...

PS: perhaps you forgot to ask yourself why 🤔

kinda like a cost benefit thingy 👍

BTW: Technical accomplishments are one thing...

...but "COLONIZATION" is quite another.

Hmm 🤔 a few reasons 

1. We would have figured out and proven to ourselves that we can in fact colonize a gas giant, regardless if it’s worthwhile or not 

2. Major leaps in technology, further advancing humanity. Being able to survive on a planet that is not equipped to support life (as we know it) would be significant. Also the technologies that would come about as a byproduct of solving problems involved with the afmormentioned (Neptune not being able to support life as we see it), the distance of travel and several other problems. 

3. The potential to mine gases from the planets as well as valuable elements from nearby celestial bodies 

4. It may help set up reoccurring transactions between the planet and its moons (it has 14 moons - Triton has been on the radar for further discovery and exploration) 

5. When the Sun finally dies out, it will expand and engulf the first four planets of our Solar System. Having a settlement on Neptune would enable us to be well far away enough and survive as a race. I’m sure that when that time comes (probably billions of years from now) we will have answer for it. 

6. Neptune is my favorite planet and looks super cool. And it would be cool to see, don’t try to deny that. Lol.

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

Hmm 🤔 a few reasons 

1. We would have figured out and proven to ourselves that we can in fact colonize a gas giant, regardless if it’s worthwhile or not 

2. Major leaps in technology, further advancing humanity. Being able to survive on a planet that is not equipped to support life (as we know it) would be significant. Also the technologies that would come about as a byproduct of solving problems involved with the afmormentioned (Neptune not being able to support life as we see it), the distance of travel and several other problems. 

3. The potential to mine gases from the planets as well as valuable materials from nearby celestial bodies 

4. It may help set up reoccurring transactions between the planet and its moons (it has 14 moons - Triton has been on the radar for further discovery and exploration) 

5. When the Sun finally dies out, it will expand and engulf the first four planets of our Solar System. Having a settlement on Neptune would enable us to be well far away enough and survive as a race. I’m sure that when that time comes (probably billions of years from now) we will have answer for it. 

6. Neptune is my favorite planet and looks super cool. And it would be cool to see, don’t try to deny that. Lol.

1-3 all achievable in better areas.

4. the moons could/would be colonized much easier/first over Neptune.

5. Sun will micronova a thousand times before it would supernova, and you have no Idea of your gravity/magnetic effect (with regards to orbit) to assume the inner planets would continue in a consistent track.

6. lol What about Venus?  acid rain or somethin ? 🤣 

PS: just sayin' LOL

6 minutes ago, Troll said:

1-3 all achievable in better areas.

4. the moons could/would be colonized much easier/first over Neptune.

5. Sun will micronova a thousand times before it would supernova, and you have no Idea of your gravity/magnetic effect (with regards to orbit) to assume the inner planets would continue in a consistent track.

6. lol What about Venus?  acid rain or somethin ? 🤣 

PS: just sayin' LOL

Eh Venus is ok. My next favorite is Saturn. 

I agree with the idea of colonizing the Moons of Neptune. 

All in all though, so what if not everyone agrees about the cost benefit. Would it be wrong if I had the drive, money, ability, etc to do this and did it? It would be extraordinary. And I’m sure there are many who would be fascinated with it. It all goes back to “you do you” or “do what you want”... if that makes any sense. 

16 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Eh Venus is ok. My next favorite is Saturn. 

I agree with the idea of colonizing the Moons of Neptune. 

All in all though, so what if not everyone agrees about the cost benefit. Would it be wrong if I had the drive, money, ability, etc to do this and did it? It would be extraordinary. And I’m sure there are many who would be fascinated with it. It all goes back to “you do you” or “do what you want”... if that makes any sense. 

Nothing wrong

with wanting it

but there is always a hard path...

...and an easier one.

🤷‍♂️