Bosco / Bergen Week Part II

I AM IRONMAN

2 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Expecting a better game as Bosco is a better team then when they first met...and the Rivalry...for the 'Chip.

What say you?

BC still has to be a heavy favorite (maybe 10).  Bosco has to play a flawless game in all 3 phases and maybe get a few breaks/takeaways to pull off the upset.  

3 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Expecting a better game as Bosco is a better team then when they first met...and the Rivalry...for the 'Chip.

What say you?

I definitely think it will be a better game. Still have to make BC the favorite I guess but I think the game is a tossup. 

Keys to the game:

1)Bosco O-Line vs BC D-Line--Both are #1 in the state (my opinion) & BC won this clash the 1st go around but as with the rest of the team the Bosco unit has improved

2)the #20--that is the # that Bosco has to get to on the scoreboard to have a chance. Bergen has given up a total of 87 points all year and the only 2 teams to put a scare in them are SHP with 28 & Delbarton with 19. 14 won't do it! 

3)As much as DBP wants to run the ball with Heath it will come down to the QB. Minicucci is probably the most improved player over the course of the season and almost all the points that BC has given up have been big pass plays that went to the house. Bosco must hit the short passes (over the middle) and get yards after the catch. D-Coordinator DeBellis will play press coverage believing his 4* DBs can allow him to sell out to stop the run. Bosco must make him pay.

4)The BC O-line is much better at run blocking than pass protection, they must give Angelli time to look down field. If they can do that better than they did the 1st game then this becomes a lot more difficult climb for the Ironmen.

5)Turnovers (no surprise) both teams want to win this battle but I think Bosco needs to win it more than Bergen.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I definitely think it will be a better game. Still have to make BC the favorite I guess but I think the game is a tossup. 

Keys to the game:

1)Bosco O-Line vs BC D-Line--Both are #1 in the state (my opinion) & BC won this clash the 1st go around but as with the rest of the team the Bosco unit has improved

2)the #20--that is the # that Bosco has to get to on the scoreboard to have a chance. Bergen has given up a total of 87 points all year and the only 2 teams to put a scare in them are SHP with 28 & Delbarton with 19. 14 won't do it! 

3)As much as DBP wants to run the ball with Heath it will come down to the QB. Minicucci is probably the most improved player over the course of the season and almost all the points that BC has given up have been big pass plays that went to the house. Bosco must hit the short passes (over the middle) and get yards after the catch. D-Coordinator DeBellis will play press coverage believing his 4* DBs can allow him to sell out to stop the run. Bosco must make him pay.

4)The BC O-line is much better at run blocking than pass protection, they must give Angelli time to look down field. If they can do that better than they did the 1st game then this becomes a lot more difficult climb for the Ironmen.

5)Turnovers (no surprise) both teams want to win this battle but I think Bosco needs to win it more than Bergen.

I think Bosco has to control time of possession and keep Angelli and Butler off the field for as long as possible.  Limit their possessions, knowing they can strike so quickly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

I think Bosco has to control time of possession and keep Angelli and Butler off the field for as long as possible.  Limit their possessions, knowing they can strike so quickly. 

well that would be the usual approach I would suggest (1990 Super Bowl Giants vs. Bills) because in reality that is what Sabella did to keep that game respectable the 1st time around. I said to a Bosco parent I work with that that loss to BC was probably the best coached loss I've seen in a long time. It was a tactical decision he made probably after the 1st int. Remember BC was up 10-0 with 9:30 left in the 1st Quarter and Sabella went ball control because if he started flinging the ball around BC might have hung over 30 on them at that would maybe destroy morale. He lived to fight another day! Here is the problem DBP moved the ball effectively between the 20's but all it took was 1 tackle behind the line or sack and the drive stalled. To win you have to score and ask SJR,SPP or anyone else it is tough sledding going 80 yards against that front 7. You might get 2 or 3 1st downs but finishing it off with 7 has just not happened really all season. 

• Like 1

I Expect Bergen win by at least 21.

If Bosco has any chance to win, the key pulling off the upset is Bosco’s QB. He will HAVE to have an amazing game, making plays with his feet and his arm. That is why SHP was able to put points on the board against Bergen. SHP QB played phenomenal that day.  Bosco will be able to run the ball with Heath, but not as a primary point of attack.

Defensively, stop Butler (easier said than done!!!) and make Angeli have to make throws. I dont think he's had to really had to shoulder a game majority of the year. If Bosco can make him have to do that, they will have a great shot.

BUT, I still expect Bergen to roll though. 35-10 Bergen

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JustSaying123 said:

If Bosco has any chance to win, the key pulling off the upset is Bosco’s QB. He will HAVE to have an amazing game, making plays with his feet and his arm. That is why SHP was able to put points on the board against Bergen. SHP QB played phenomenal that day.  Bosco will be able to run the ball with Heath, but not as a primary point of attack.

Defensively, stop Butler (easier said than done!!!) and make Angeli have to make throws. I dont think he's had to really had to shoulder a game majority of the year. If Bosco can make him have to do that, they will have a great shot.

GSB/Trixter/HSFB/Footballguy123/JustSaying123 alert ^.....🙄

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JustSaying123 said:

Look as a BC guy I would love to concur but to me the offense as been very 1 dimensional especially against solid (not great) defensive lines. The BC O-line is average and if Bosco can get any pressure it will be a tough go for Angelli and the O..21--14 BC

21 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Look as a BC guy I would love to concur but to me the offense as been very 1 dimensional especially against solid (not great) defensive lines. The BC O-line is average and if Bosco can get any pressure it will be a tough go for Angelli and the O..21--14 BC

Yes the offense has been 1 dimensional, but they've been that way all year and for good reason Butler is a beast!

I agree that if Bosco can get any pressure it will be tough for Angeli. But they have to get Bergen into those situations where Angeli has to sit back there and throw.

4 minutes ago, JustSaying123 said:

Yes the offense has been 1 dimensional, but they've been that way all year and for good reason Butler is a beast!

I agree that if Bosco can get any pressure it will be tough for Angeli. But they have to get Bergen into those situations where Angeli has to sit back there and throw.

I said all year that no matter what, Bergen will get their points. Can Bosco?  If I'm Sabella I take some chances down the field early. DeBellis will play man and stack the box and you are going to have to throw him out of it.

27 minutes ago, JustSaying123 said:

GSB/Trixter/HSFB/Footballguy123/JustSaying123 alert ^.....🙄

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I said all year that no matter what, Bergen will get their points. Can Bosco?  If I'm Sabella I take some chances down the field early. DeBellis will play man and stack the box and you are going to have to throw him out of it.

Bosco is playing with house money now....being an underdog against a highly nationally ranked team...let it all hang out...reverses...flee flicker...nothing to lose and everything to gain in this game for Bosco IMO. Our Q.B. needs to make a few throws down field to open up the run game. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

And that will come down to Bosco's QB. He is the key if Bosco is going to pull this off.

You are correct in that they will need to take shots early though, i hope they do.

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Bosco is playing with house money now....being an underdog against a highly nationally ranked team...let it all hang out...reverses...flee flicker...nothing to lose and everything to gain in this game for Bosco IMO. Our Q.B. needs to make a few throws down field to open up the run game. 

exactly..that is my approach. If you are an underdog on paper you need to take some chances. Bergen has all the pressure on them.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 5:50 PM, JustSaying123 said:

GSB has never seen SHP play.  I saw SHP play Bosco, and he was elsewhere.  and i was at the Bosco-Joes game with him, while the BC-SHP game was played.

plus the above post makes sense with some quality of depth.  sometimes our minds play tricks on us.  Geto Boys wisdom, sayeth the most Williest of Ds.