BOMBSHELL: Mater Dei Hazing Scandal

The Stache

16 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Even if the story is half true Rollo needs to go. I’m curious Nick, how long has it been since you went there and is it possible for the culture to change in the time since you played? Unless your part of the administration, player or coaching staff how can you be certain what goes on behind closed doors. Rush is a great example of people sweeping shit under the rug until it’s to late (I’m not saying Rollo is another Rush but you get the point). 

I still have a great understanding of what goes on within the program. The culture is solid. Two kids were horsing around in the locker room and it got out of hand. If Rollo gets canned over this then that’s how it goes. I’m more concerned with the claim of an administrator telling the trainer not to contact the paramedics. Just have a hard time believing that. They call the paramedics when a kid falls down and rolls their ankle. If a kids nose was broken and he was bleeding from his face the paramedics would immediately be called. Just don’t see any way around that. However, if that claim is true there needs to be major turnover. We just have to see how it plays out. THERE HAS TO BE ACCOUNTABILITY. Period. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’m still actively involved with the program and have a great understanding of what goes on within the program. The culture is solid. Two kids were horsing around in the locker room and it got out of hand. If Rollo gets canned over this then that’s how it goes. I’m more concerned with the claim of an administrator telling the trainer not to contact the paramedics. Just have a hard time believing that. They call the paramedics when a kid falls down and rolls their ankle. If a kids nose was broken and he was bleeding from his face the paramedics would immediately be called. Just don’t see any way around that. We just have to see how it plays out. THERE HAS TO BE ACCOUNTABILITY. Period. 

Bruh the bigger kid who beat the fuck out of the freshman is still an active starter for MD. 

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No he’s not. Post proof of that. 

& who told you they weren’t in the same grade? Relax.

From the article 

"The injured student, identified in this report as Player 1, eventually withdrew from Mater Dei and continues to have issues related to his brain injury, according to records and interviews. The other student, Player 2, continues to play for an undefeated Monarchs team, that is currently ranked No.1 nationally by USA Today and plays Servite for the CIF Southern Section Division 1 championship Friday night."

Just now, PlayTheGame said:

From the article 

"The other student, Player 2, continues to play for an undefeated Monarchs team, that is currently ranked No.1 nationally by USA Today and plays Servite for the CIF Southern Section Division 1 championship Friday night."

Yes. A member of the team. Was disciplined by the school. Does not indicate that he is a starter/contributor. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalFball said:

He’s a member of the MD staff son but not a coach…Rollo bout to go down like Joe Paterno went down at Penn St 

That sums it up. Daddy had the MD brass sweep this incident under the rug and Rollo rolled over on it and did nothing.  Mater Dei will settle out of court and write a big check. I always thought Rollo would go out on his own terms but this looks bad and could be the end of his tenure at MD. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Bodies/slappies has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of. The racial epithet the article referred to is an African American player using the N word, just to clear that up. I know that word is not allowed in front of Rollo. Bad locker room situation, heard about it months ago but is not a “ritual”. That’s silly. Didn’t happen when I was there, Rollo would never allow that. About all I’ll say on this. We’ll see how it plays out. I hope the right thing happens in court. 

A lot to decipher on the whole story. But the kid using the racial epithet should have been tossed from the school as soon as the video came out. Doesn’t matter if he is purple or African American, makes zero difference. If you tolerate it, you tolerate it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

A lot to decipher on the whole story. But the kid using the racial epithet should have been tossed from the school as soon as the video came out. Doesn’t matter if he is purple or African American, makes zero difference. If you tolerate it, you tolerate it.

100%. I’m all for accountability in this whole thing. I’m a very proud alumnus but am not going to hold MD to a lower standard in this situation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yes he’s a member of the team. 

Keep swinging, bruh. 

The described incident freshman locker in the spring seems to indicate player 2 is probably a sophomore now. MD has alot of sophomores starting this season and the journalist literally saw the video and said he will play against Servite. Not what else is there to say

• The Stache changed the title to BOMBSHELL: Mater Dei Hazing Scandal