BOMBSHELL: Mater Dei Hazing Scandal

The Stache

4 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

If I had to bet I’d say the AD is telling the truth. She was hired in 2020, which was well into the FB teams rise to national prominence, so with all the people watching the administration probably vetted the crap out of her. Who up and leaves one of the premiere jobs in all of high school athletics after one year. When the MD lawyers called her an outright liar after they tried in vain to squash her deposition. I just don’t see how she would benefit from lying, this just doesn’t add up.

She was once a star at mater dei.....in less than a year she's a liar who committed perjury and works as an AD in Georgia now.

A lot to question about that story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

If I had to bet I’d say the AD is telling the truth. She was hired in 2020, which was well into the FB teams rise to national prominence, so with all the people watching the administration probably vetted the crap out of her. Who up and leaves one of the premiere jobs in all of high school athletics after one year. When the MD lawyers called her an outright liar after they tried in vain to squash her deposition. I just don’t see how she would benefit from lying, this just doesn’t add up.

I’m not saying she is lying she obviously had her own experience in the situation.MD claims to have evidence to the contrary so now they will have to produce it.All I’m saying is I will wait to hear the whole thing before I start pointing fingers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

I’m not saying she is lying she obviously had her own experience in the situation.MD claims to have evidence to the contrary so now they will have to produce it.All I’m saying is I will wait to hear the whole thing before I start pointing fingers 

What’s the likelihood you think there is of video evidence and she, as the AD, not be aware of it? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What’s the likelihood you think there is of video evidence and she, as the AD, not be aware of it? 

The response also said Texts,email and contradictions to the plaintiffs own statements.Maybe they are just talking out their ass I don’t know but like I said they are going to have to produce it now that they’ve publicly stated it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MD87 said:

Seriously?  You've read his previous posts, I presume?  He's very clear in distinguishing his personal opinion from his professional commentary, and no one on this board can hold a candle to his credentials concerning the latter.  So we'll see.  

Sure. A Mater Dei alumni who’s basically gone on record as saying the allegations are false. Yeah…let’s all hold our comments till he weighs in.  He’ll clear everything up for us.  LOL. 

• Haha 1

I know it’s not a guy from a school that had a child murdered on campus while plenty of school faculty and officials were on campus, the student was then wrapped up in a wrestling mat, and the entire community covered up the murder so no charges or arrests were ever made. Pointing fingers with filthy hands. 

No one is pleased with the situation at MD. Three sides to every story. Rollo will be fine, call it power or whatever you’d like. If you take football out of the equation the Rollinson family has been great to Mater Dei. Laurie was my teacher while I was there and their daughters are alumni and have contributed so much to areas not even remotely close to the football program. I know for 100% fact he wishes things were handled differently. It is also important to remember that current parents in the football program have not removed their kids from school because they know the exact truth of the situation. The media will do all they can to get many grown men to gossip on message boards like women do during brunch. 

• Like 3

On 4/28/2022 at 11:57 PM, HurricaneNick said:

I know it’s not a guy from a school that had a child murdered on campus while plenty of school faculty and officials were on campus, the student was then wrapped up in a wrestling mat, and the entire community covered up the murder so no charges or arrests were ever made. Pointing fingers with filthy hands. 

No one is pleased with the situation at MD.

The media will do all they can to get many grown men to gossip on message boards like women do during brunch. 

These two lines go together like peas and carrots. 

xD at the last line. Good shit. I was going to go to a brunch in a bit, but, I think I'll skip now. Hahahaha

• Haha 2

On 4/27/2022 at 3:30 PM, FreeBird said:

Better watch out MD or @Fred might be taking a visit 

AF9B896F-82C2-409B-A370-CCAA53C57146.jpeg

Dang it man!  How many times do I have to tell you that if they are good enough we don't send a regular cargo transport?  North American's air ride furniture vans with soft hands loading and unloading.  We don't even make them share the van and wait for it to make another stop.  Custom service brother, custom service.  Perhaps you need to take a lesson in how to do it.

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2022 at 6:29 PM, Ararar said:

He was also a willing participant who could have just as easily concussed the other kid.Nobody forced him to participate which kind of rules out hazing IMO.How MD handled the aftermath is suspicious but they do claim to have evidence to the contrary of former employee.I’ll wait and see instead of jumping to conclusions 

Yea, no.  The pressure to participate is hazing in and of itself, at least at age and level of maturity.  Title IX is pretty clear that physical acts don't have to occur for there to be hazing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fred said:

Yea, no.  The pressure to participate is hazing in and of itself, at least at age and level of maturity.  Title IX is pretty clear that physical acts don't have to occur for there to be hazing.

Since the police pressed no charges for Hazing or anything else it’s clear there was no evidenceThey cited mutual combat in their statement 

7 hours ago, Ararar said:

Since the police pressed no charges for Hazing or anything else it’s clear there was no evidenceThey cited mutual combat in their statement 

So the police can now be considered 100% accurate and honest?  Not sure I share your confidence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Right, and the opening post states, "...The fight would leave the smaller player with a traumatic brain injury, two gashes over his right eye, one over his left and a broken nose that would require surgery, the results of a series of blows to the head that would prompt a Santa Ana Police Department investigator to recommend the Orange County District Attorney’s juvenile division file felony battery charges against the other player, according to a police report reviewed by the Southern California News Group."

But the DA's office decided not to file charges.

48 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Right, and the opening post states, "...The fight would leave the smaller player with a traumatic brain injury, two gashes over his right eye, one over his left and a broken nose that would require surgery, the results of a series of blows to the head that would prompt a Santa Ana Police Department investigator to recommend the Orange County District Attorney’s juvenile division file felony battery charges against the other player, according to a police report reviewed by the Southern California News Group."

But the DA's office decided not to file charges.

Yes and they cited mutual  combat as part of the reason.

14 hours ago, Ararar said:

I'm going out on a limb and suggest that the average police agency doesn't have a lot of training on Title IX.  They saw a physical confrontation and that was or should have been enough to make an arrest.  The DA possibly and the regulation body for the high schools should have/be coming down on the school like an avenging angel over the Title IX hazing.  I worked in education for a whole lot of years and have seen the process at the post secondary level.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ararar said:

Yes and they cited mutual  combat as part of the reason.

Ok let’s say it was mutual combat, do you think the whole ritual of “bodies” could be considered hazing? Do you think per pressure  and desire to be accepted into the MD culture could have been the motivator to participate in such a dangerous endeavor. Maybe we can just call it an initiation, but to me it’s just another type of hazing. If the administration or coaching staff turns a blind eye or even condones that sort of behavior (this is by no means a isolated incident) and it’s proven that they knew and didn’t report it, they should be prosecuted. The NCAA would call that a lack of institutional control, so would I.

• Like 1

Just now, Norcalnut said:

Ok let’s say it was mutual combat, do you think the whole ritual of “bodies” could be considered hazing? Do you think per pressure  and desire to be accepted into the MD culture could have been the motivator to participate in such a dangerous endeavor. Maybe we can just call it an initiation, but to me it’s just another type of hazing. If the administration or coaching staff turns a blind eye or even condones that sort of behavior (this is by no means a isolated incident) and it’s proven that they knew and didn’t report it, they should be prosecuted. The NCAA would call that a lack of institutional control, so would I.

I’m just basing my opinion on the information at hand. Could be wrong, we’ll see.