BOMBSHELL: Mater Dei Hazing Scandal

The Stache

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

But, mater dei won't cover up a hazing incident which lead to a kid getting smashed by a train basically.....right.

87?...come on, man!

"As I stated in my previous post, little has changed in the Diocese of Orange since 2005, when church officials settled sex abuse and cover-up lawsuits with 87 child victims."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Your problem is you think you know what others think and “believe.” I will rarely criticize anyone for the actions of others, and this is not an exception. I will, however, criticize them for their reactions to those actions. That’s the issue at hand, not that they didn’t stop an unforeseen crime from being committed… this ain’t Minority Report.

Your problem is you don’t understand what the problem is.

So, regarding the alleged hazing incident, before hand there was multiple layers of security in place based purely on a general concern about teenage boys being left alone and an incident of a broken sink and mirror (not based on hazing allegations or anything similar). But the fight not being stopped isn't "the issue." Rather, according to you, "the issue at hand" is the schools reactions after the fact.

What reaction(s) do you take issue with?

For sake of argument, assume we are right that MD has never had hazing within the football program, the plaintiff was an equal aggressor in the fight, the plaintiff lied about the fight, the plaintiff's unjuries were not severe (only seeing doctor a couple times in week after fight and never again), former AD lied in testimony about seeing plaintiff's injuries and them requiring calling 9-1-1 as proven by security camera footage showing she was never in area, and MD dolled out punishment in a reasonable fashion to both fighters. Does MD then have no right to fight back and defend itself against false allegations?

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

What would you know about their reactions? Are you privy to MD disciplinary actions? If not then you’re just hot air blowing in the wind.If you are then by all means elaborate.

The fact that behavior problems and coverups have been and continue to be a significant issue at the school for years and they’re likely paying out yet another huge settlement soon sure doesn’t give the indication that their disciplinary actions are effective (or even existent). You disagree? 

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

But, mater dei won't cover up a hazing incident which lead to a kid getting smashed by a train basically.....right.

87?...come on, man!

"As I stated in my previous post, little has changed in the Diocese of Orange since 2005, when church officials settled sex abuse and cover-up lawsuits with 87 child victims."

Now MD is responsible for all sex crimes ever by priests in the Diocese? 

Convenient pivot to set yourself up to continue to hate on MD regardless of whether it wins the present lawsuit and proves the reports and complaint to be filled with lies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoBigBlack said:

The fact that behavior problems and coverups have been and continue to be a significant issue at the school for years and they’re likely paying out yet another huge settlement soon sure doesn’t give the indication that their disciplinary actions are effective (or even existent). You disagree? 

So you have no idea what or how MD disciplined infractions correct? You just assume they could have done something different/more correct?

MD could have disciplined to the utmost and it still wouldn’t stop another student from doing something stupid.That’s what you’re failing to acknowledge 

17 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

I would be shocked if the school settles without first defeating the hazing claims. If it does settle in this case after defeating the hazing claims (based solely on simple negligence claims), it will likely be for a relatively low amount. And I think it's more likely than not that this case at least goes to an MSJ if not to trial.

You are just way off in assuming that disciplinary actions have not been significant. Kids have been kicked out of school. The immediate lawsuit was triggered by plaintiff/his parents being mad about the level of punishment he received (preventing him from joining and playing on a new football team within weeks of the fight because he was noted as having been in a fight on his transfer paperwork), which was still less than the punishment that the other player/fighter received.

And what cover ups are you talking about? In the 80s, teacher sex with students was quietly settled without alerting authorities. I guess that's cover up adjacent. What football cover ups are you talking about? What other school cover ups?

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Admit it to yourself.....after all these years, just admit it.

The truth will set you free and will you sleep good at night for once.

Stop pretending people are stupid.

No, MD is not responsible for all sex crimes by the Diocese of Orange (including 4 other high schools as well as numerous elementary schools and churches) in history.

2 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

MD is not responsible 

md is responsible for letting rapists and child molesters hang out at their reunions like everything is cool, right?....what do these people talk about exactly at these mater dei reunions? Football, little boys and little girls?

Who is that on? The LA Times?

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

md is responsible for letting rapists and child molesters hang out at their reunions like everything is cool, right?....what do these people talk about exactly at these mater dei reunions? Football, little boys and little girls?

What are you talking about? No one wants to hear about your creepy fantasies.

Maybe you can ask if MD is harvesting adrenochrome at your next QAnon meeting.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

If I rape your daughter or son you want to see me at the class reunion?

Maybe talk about the old days and whatnot?

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If I rape your daughter or son you want to see me at the class reunion?

Maybe talk about the old days and whatnot?

Who at what reunions? What are you talking about?

And you talking about personally raping my 3 year old daughter or 5 year old son is my cue to log off this board for a long while. Bye.

3 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

And you talking about personally raping my 3 year old daughter or 5 year old son is my cue to log off this board for a long while. Bye.

You will be missed.

Click a link before you go!

8 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

It’s well known he has an archive of shirtless teenage boys 

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You will be missed.

Click a link before you go!

Say HI to John Merino for me as you hit the fucking door!

Exhibit #1

Two-time accused former faculty member enjoys the reunion

http://theworthyadversary.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Merino-1-e1474158163104.jpg Two-time accused and sued vice-principal John Merino attends Mater Dei HS Grand Reunion

Yep, THAT John Merino. Two sex abuse cases against him settled in 2005. he was the guy who, along with former principal and 25-time accused predator Michael Harris, took a “special graduating senior boy” to NYC every year to see Broadway musicals. And shared a room.

Even St. Mary’s and All Angeles School and the Macy Awards have distanced themselves from the disgraced educator. But the school where the alleged abuse happened? Nope.

By the way, current school president Patrick Murphy was at the reunion, stumping for cash. Murphy was school president during the sex abuse lawsuit scandal of 2003-2005 and was principal when Merino was “let go” from the school in 2001. So no one can claim ignorance.

Merino-1-e1474158163104.jpg

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

Not the transferring back thing, because that was such a bad look they had to put a stop to it. 

MD did not put a stop to the 1 Semester FB transfers…. Don’t forget that USC bound Miller Moss in 2020 Transferred to MD to Start at QB his SR year and leave after the Semester to enroll early at USC….

The only thing that stopped this was COVID Canceling the fall season so MM went back to Alamany….

35 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

So, regarding the alleged hazing incident, before hand there was multiple layers of security in place based purely on a general concern about teenage boys being left alone and an incident of a broken sink and mirror (not based on hazing allegations or anything similar). But the fight not being stopped isn't "the issue." Rather, according to you, "the issue at hand" is the schools reactions after the fact.

First of all, I don't believe for one second that they spent thousands of dollars on private security and extra manpower "purely" due to a sink and mirror being damaged. The odds that's the entire story are zero, and you know that. 

The reactions I take issue with? Not calling his parents right away, not calling for medical help right away, refusing to cooperate with police, saying "you don't have time to deal with this shit" when it's an issue regarding discipline and player safety, and lying to the police. Those are the reactions I take issue with.

35 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

For sake of argument, assume we are right that MD has never had hazing within the football program, the plaintiff was an equal aggressor in the fight, the plaintiff lied about the fight, the plaintiff's unjuries were not severe (only seeing doctor a couple times in week after fight and never again), former AD lied in testimony about seeing plaintiff's injuries and them requiring calling 9-1-1 as proven by security camera footage showing she was never in area, and MD dolled out punishment in a reasonable fashion to both fighters. Does MD then have no right to fight back and defend itself against false allegations?

Of course they do. But there's a difference between defending yourself against false allegations and defending yourself against truthful allegations that cannot be proven in court. You believe the AD told the truth when she claimed the head coach said "I don't have time for that shit," so do you believe the AD and the father when their stories corroborated one another's about the head coach saying "If I had a dollar (or a hundred or a thousand) for every time these kids played bodies I'd be a millionaire"?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

MD did not put a stop to the 1 Semester FB transfers…. Don’t forget that USC bound Miller Moss in 2020 Transferred to MD to Start at QB his SR year and leave after the Semester to enroll early at USC….

The only thing that stopped this was COVID Canceling the fall season so MM went back to Alamany….

Well, it's a little different. He would have graduated from Mater Dei, correct? But they can't control what someone does in the future, so the Moss's could have easily said they would stay the whole year then bailed after the season. Either way, he wasn't going back to Alemany after the season. But point taken.

1 hour ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

Staying out of the main fracas here, but that would seem to be a severe over-reaction and not sure of the  cost/benefit to hire security because of one broken sink and a broken mirror.  

I don't know what the going rate for private security is in LA, but it would seem to be several multiples of the cost of a new sink and mirror, no?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Say HI to John Merino for me as you hit the fucking door!

Exhibit #1

Two-time accused former faculty member enjoys the reunion

http://theworthyadversary.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Merino-1-e1474158163104.jpg Two-time accused and sued vice-principal John Merino attends Mater Dei HS Grand Reunion

Yep, THAT John Merino. Two sex abuse cases against him settled in 2005. he was the guy who, along with former principal and 25-time accused predator Michael Harris, took a “special graduating senior boy” to NYC every year to see Broadway musicals. And shared a room.

Even St. Mary’s and All Angeles School and the Macy Awards have distanced themselves from the disgraced educator. But the school where the alleged abuse happened? Nope.

By the way, current school president Patrick Murphy was at the reunion, stumping for cash. Murphy was school president during the sex abuse lawsuit scandal of 2003-2005 and was principal when Merino was “let go” from the school in 2001. So no one can claim ignorance.

Merino-1-e1474158163104.jpg

Don't you dare present factual evidence against mater dump.

hey @HurricaneNick since ive been pointing out the cheating and whatnot that goes on at mater dump and im sure ive been called any and everything on here by you and the mater dump alumni. Make sure you guys include me in the settlement. Ill take about $500k for my silence on mater dump the rest of this year.

3 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Your problem is you think you know what others think and “believe.” I will rarely criticize anyone for the actions of others, and this is not an exception. I will, however, criticize them for their reactions to those actions. That’s the issue at hand, not that they didn’t stop an unforeseen crime from being committed… this ain’t Minority Report.

Your problem is you don’t understand what the problem is.

The mater dump faithful don't care to understand the problem. They just want it all to go away and to continue their ways as long as they result is a W for the football team.

3 hours ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

It's one of those coverups you were asking about. As you can see from the 2016 photos and the mention of the 2005 settlement, these are not just "things that happened in the 80s." They have a long history of accepting and covering up some pretty horrific stuff, and doing things like inviting sexual predators back in 2016 to mingle with the families of those whose lives they ruined is outright disgusting. And this stuff doesn't stop in the confessional. The fact that you aren't aware of much of the behavior and coverup doesn't mean it didn't/doesn't happen... case in point.

11 hours ago, Ga96 said:

hey @HurricaneNick since ive been pointing out the cheating and whatnot that goes on at mater dump and im sure ive been called any and everything on here by you and the mater dump alumni. Make sure you guys include me in the settlement. Ill take about $500k for my silence on mater dump the rest of this year.

How about I match whatever amount of $ you’re putting into the legal fees to get justice for the child that was murdered and wrapped up into a wrestling mat on the lowends campus while every full time member of the schools faculty was on campus.  You post the proof and I will match any amount. Any amount. Here’s your chance to do something. #Murderatlowends 

5FDC8C33-4FDD-4ADB-AFF9-C985D570ACFD.jpeg

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

How about I match whatever amount of $ you’re putting into the legal fees to get justice for the child that was murdered and wrapped up into a wrestling mat on the lowends campus while every full time member of the schools faculty was on campus.  You post the proof and I will match any amount. Any amount. Here’s your chance to do something. #Murderatlowends 

5FDC8C33-4FDD-4ADB-AFF9-C985D570ACFD.jpeg

Hey Nick show some class and stop using this kids death as a punchline for all your comebacks to GA96.  You’ve done this repeatedly now.  The 💩  is not funny. 

• Like 2