BOMBSHELL: Mater Dei Hazing Scandal

The Stache

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Still waiting.....

Waiting for what? Are you referring to the news from the 1980s that Santa Margarita’s first principal when it opened was Monsignor Michael Harris? It’s well documented that Harris abused kids during his tenure as principal at MD. Please enlighten us about something we don’t know.

Regarding the current incident of ‘hazing’ at MD. I have said from day 1 that this is not the culture at MD, nor has it ever been. However, if anybody was responsible for withholding medical attention to an injured student, they need to be held accountable and fired. No matter who it is. I will be the first to admit that MD handled this wrong. They should have gotten in front of the situation from the beginning. 

31 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

And none of this transforms a bogus hazing claim into a credible one.

One guy was obviously feeling the bogus.

SANTA ANA (CBSLA) - Mater Dei High School president Fr. Walter Jenkins has resigned from his position months after an alleged hazing scandal surfaced that involved the school's football team, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange announced on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You going to use that in court and then expect people not to laugh at you?

I’m not their attorney. And that point is not for court because none of your posts hazing anything to do with the hazing case. Rather, I’m reiterating that no one defends these issues, which are unrelated to football or the current lawsuit. 

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Regarding the current incident of ‘hazing’ at MD. I have said from day 1 that this is not the culture at MD,

You can say whatever you want.

The simple facts are mater dei doesn't care one bit about ALL their abuse victims and they don't care about the kid that got his brains bashed in.

...15-20 years from now the real story will surface just like all the other cover -ups at mater dei. I guess the years of these people's consciences taking a pounding finally will kick in.

#truthsoonerorlater

The truth is already starting to come out. The plaintiff has not seen a doctor for his injuries since 14 days after the fight. He was diagnosed with a minor concussion. Security camera footage shows him jogging up to the trainers table and receiving immediate attention. Though the former A.D. testified that she saw his injuries, talked to him, that his speech was slurred, and that she was told to not call 911, security footage shows she was never in the area. Moreover, plaintiff has testified that he has never met the former AD. Plaintiff’s parents had him enrolled and practicing football at a new school within a month of the fight. His 3.6 GPA has never dipped (despite claims of brain injury). After complaining about MD noting him as having been in a fight before his transfer, which made him ineligible to play at his new school initially, he started playing in football games again less than two months after the fight. Finally, the plaintiff admitted he known of and engaged in playing games of “bodies” since we'll before the fight in question, going back at least to jr high—supporting others’ statements that plaintiff was the instigator/an equal participant in a dumb fight, not a hazing ritual. 

All of this comes from the latest court filing. And none of this is in dispute.

17 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

The truth is already starting to come out. The plaintiff has not seen a doctor for his injuries since 14 days after the fight. He was diagnosed with a minor concussion. Security camera footage shows him jogging up to the trainers table and receiving immediate attention. Though the former A.D. testified that she saw his injuries, talked to him, that his speech was slurred, and that she was told to not call 911, security footage shows she was never in the area. Moreover, plaintiff has testified that he has never met the former AD. Plaintiff’s parents had him enrolled and practicing football at a new school within a month of the fight. His 3.6 GPA has never dipped (despite claims of brain injury). After complaining about MD noting him as having been in a fight before his transfer, which made him ineligible to play at his new school initially, he started playing in football games again less than two months after the fight. Finally, the plaintiff admitted he had engaged in playing games of “bodies” since jr high—supporting others’ statements that plaintiff was the instigator/an equal participant in a dumb fight, not a hazing ritual. 

The fact that mater dei has ONCE AGAIN put themselves in a cover-up situation is pretty telling. It NEVER ends there.

Current cover-up: President steps down, AD is booted to Georgia and now is branded a liar and worst hire in mater dei history and blah, blah, blah.

Find another mountain to preach on.

15 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

The truth is already starting to come out. The plaintiff has not seen a doctor for his injuries since 14 days after the fight. He was diagnosed with a minor concussion. Security camera footage shows him jogging up to the trainers table and receiving immediate attention. Though the former A.D. testified that she saw his injuries, talked to him, that his speech was slurred, and that she was told to not call 911, security footage shows she was never in the area. Moreover, plaintiff has testified that he has never met the former AD. Plaintiff’s parents had him enrolled and practicing football at a new school within a month of the fight. His 3.6 GPA has never dipped (despite claims of brain injury). After complaining about MD noting him as having been in a fight before his transfer, which made him ineligible to play at his new school initially, he started playing in football games again less than two months after the fight. Finally, the plaintiff admitted he known of and engaged in playing games of “bodies” since we'll before the fight in question, going back at least to jr high—supporting others’ statements that plaintiff was the instigator/an equal participant in a dumb fight, not a hazing ritual. 

Interesting. They sure have responded in an strange way for being complete void of any wrongdoing. 

You probably missed my question before, but since you believe the coach said “I don’t have time for that shit” do you also believe the corroborating stories about him saying he’d “be a millionaire if I had a dollar for every time these kids played bodies”? 

57 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

in a dumb fight, not a hazing ritual. 

Lets talk about that in court.

Two kids in a dumb fight that NO ONE can explain or are scared to explain.

Lets explain it, or try to.

Two kids who probably didn't even know each other entered said dumb fight from two totally different backgrounds with absolutely nothing in common

STAR football player (probably an inner-city kid, transfer) vs GEEK who never saw the field.

This was nothing but Geek prove himself to the team DAY and earn your respect gone so terribly wrong.

6FYMI0V.gif

37 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Interesting. They sure have responded in an strange way for being complete void of any wrongdoing. 

You probably missed my question before, but since you believe the coach said “I don’t have time for that shit” do you also believe the corroborating stories about him saying he’d “be a millionaire if I had a dollar for every time these kids played bodies”? 

Their “interesting” response was the former principal asking for complete silence from the school and all students—not wanting to fight back with counter evidence in the media and just letting the case play out in court. That’s why he was pushed out. Now a motion to dismiss the hazing claim will be heard Monday, and the school is gearing up to publicly fight back—while also publicly adopting other best practices to ensure players, coaches, and parents are upholding the values of the school  

Re the millionaire quote, I DO think it’s  plausible now. While the former AD’s credibility is shaky, I don’t think she has an incentive to lie/has purposely lied. Regarding her story about her seeing the injuries and talking to plaintiff after the fight, an email from the day after shows that she “heard” about the fight from some other unnamed person. So she may have a false memory as opposed to lying about the injuries and order not to call 911. Conversely, none of the the latest filings directly dispute the millionaire quote. But, the full testimony (as opposed to that one line) is telling. The former AD testified that she talked to Rollo in the days after the fight. Rollo allegedly said he talked to the parents, they understood that both kids needed to be punished, and they took responsibility for their son fighting. It then appears that  Rollo said the quote in reference to teenage boys engaging in fights generally—not specifically md football players or md students even. In other words, “ thank you for taking responsibility, but also, don’t feel too terrible, I get that this is a common stupid form of fighting.” As plaintiff himself testified, he’s been plaything bodies since jr high. The statement was not to condone the fight or indicative of lever letting us slide. It came literally right after telling the parents that was being suspended from school and football for playing bodies. (Notably, the other boy who fought but stayed at MD was suspended from school for weeks and from football for the season. Conversely, plaintiff quickly enrolled in a new school and played football almost immediately). 

The other obvious interpretation is, “if I had a dollar for every time one of my players played bodies, I’d be a millionaire.” Given six months with no evidence of this happening with other players on the football team and not a single former player coming forward to say that there has ever been hazing on the football team, I find the former interpretation more persuasive. But that’s for a jury to decide re the negligence claim (as the “hazing” claim will almost certainly be dismissed on Monday or on a later MSJ, if the court wants more evidence to be gathered first). 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, RedZone said:

Two kids who probably didn't even know each other and entered said dumb fight from two totally different backgrounds with absolutely nothing in common

STAR football player (probably an inner-city kid, transfer) vs GEEK who never saw the field.

This was nothing but Geek prove himself to the team DAY and earn your respect gone so terribly wrong.

6FYMI0V.gif

The “star football player” is actually fat kid who barely even gets garbage time (they’re almost the same height if you ever actually see the video). The plaintiff is much more athletic and started for his new school. The boys are not from segregated areas. This isn’t Louisiana. 

And, again, this wasn’t plaintiffs first time playing bodies. He appears to have been the instigator. Plaintiff punched the other kid in the face first. And then he took a harder punch to the face back. It’s on tape. And the fact that plaintiff’s injuries were wildly mischaracterized and lied about in the media is now undisputed in the court documents. 

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Two kids who probably didn't even know each other and entered said dumb fight from two totally different backgrounds with absolutely nothing in common

6FYMI0V.gif

Because of said dumb fight mater dei then enters panic mode.......mistakes are made everywhere in desperation (no one know what to do, panic attacks across the board), President steps down, AD fired is a disgrace, Coach rollie/whatever goes into hiding for months, security is hired to protect those involved, and etc......

Dumb fight!

Just now, RedZone said:

Because of said dumb fight mater dei then enters panic mode.......mistakes are made everywhere in desperation (no one know what to do, panic attacks across the board), President steps down, AD fired is a disgrace, Coach rollie/whatever goes into hiding for months, security is hired to protect those involved, and etc......

Dumb fight!

So you just completely ignored all the undisputed evidence I summarize for you?

18 minutes ago, RedZone said:

6FYMI0V.gif

MAYBE the geek told the starting LB that he had a small pecker in the locker room.

That would be dumb and could be explained.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

MAYBE the geek told the starting LB that he had a small pecker in the locker room.

That would be dumb and could be explained.

Why are you obsessed with teenage genitalia?

And what is your response to the undisputed evidence that I summarized? Does is not show the injuries were lied about and that “bodies” is a common (stupid) game that plaintiff has played since jr high but is now filing a lawsuit over after he got the worst of alternating punches to the face but was still rightly punished?

For your convenience, here it is again:

The plaintiff has not seen a doctor for his injuries since 14 days after the fight. He was diagnosed with a minor concussion. Security camera footage shows him jogging up to the trainers table and receiving immediate attention. Though the former A.D. testified that she saw his injuries, talked to him, that his speech was slurred, and that she was told to not call 911, security footage shows she was never in the area. Moreover, plaintiff has testified that he has never met the former AD. Plaintiff’s parents had him enrolled and practicing football at a new school within a month of the fight. His 3.6 GPA has never dipped (despite claims of brain injury). After complaining about MD noting him as having been in a fight before his transfer, which made him ineligible to play at his new school initially, he started playing in football games again less than two months after the fight. Finally, the plaintiff admitted he known of and engaged in playing games of “bodies” since we'll before the fight in question, going back at least to jr high—supporting others’ statements that plaintiff was the instigator/an equal participant in a dumb fight, not a hazing ritual. 

16 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

And again this wasn’t plaintiffs first time playing bodies

So there is "bodies"....that's new, I guess.

Just be glad I can't put you on the stand. I can get you to say anything. I feel if I keep pushing you....you will cave with the truth.

You need a break?

Just now, RedZone said:

So there is "bodies"....that's new, I guess.

Just be glad I can't put you on the stand. I can get you to say anything. I feel if I keep pushing you....you will cave with the truth.

You need a break?

Not at MD. Going back to jr high at a different school. Again, bodies was not a thing on the MD football team.

Google Dunning Kruger and work on gaining some self-awareness.

The dumb fight was NOT a dumb fight.

It was "bodies"....that makes more sense.

Anyone that has followed this case knew it was "bodies" the entire time and now mater dei legal advisor/whatever has admitted it.

More truth will soon surface.  Trust me.

6 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

Not at MD. Going back to jr high at a different school. Again, bodies was not a thing on the MD football team.

Google Dunning Kruger and work on gaining some self-awareness.

You lost the case...time to pick up your check. man.

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The dumb fight was NOT a dumb fight.

It was "bodies"....that makes more sense.

Anyone that has followed this case knew it was "bodies" the entire time and now mater dei legal advisor/whatever has admitted it.

More truth will soon surface.  Trust me.

No one said it was not bodies. Plaintiff has played bodies since jr high. He decided to play it with another football player.  It devolved into a seconds long fight after plaintiff punched the other player in the face. 

It was not some hazing ritual. Bodies was not some common thing on the football team. And it was not condoned by the school. The lawsuit stems from plaintiff/his parents being mad he wasn’t given special treatment and was punished in a way that delayed his eligibility to play football elsewhere by a month (while the other player in the fight was suspended for the season). The undisputed facts show his injuries were minor and lied about in the media. 

Just now, RedZone said:

Are you sure...I can have the court reporter read back prior testimony, maybe even yours.

You want to rethink that statement?

Please do. Show your evidence that the argument was “this was not bodies” as opposed to “md does not have any hazing ritual, let alone one in the form of bodies.”

The original posts all noted that bodies is a common slang term, like “swirlies,” “Indian burns,” etc. And a one off engagement in such a fight that resulted in severe punishment is not the same as there being a hazing ritual. There are no hazing rituals within the md football program. This was in response to posters who kept saying, “MD obviously had a hazing ritual since there was some special game with a special name.”