Lincoln Riley to USC

DevilDog

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Only *all* of the reporting.

Just an example and from one of the most credible outlets.

As late as *this morning* LSU wanted Lincoln Riley.

https://footballscoop.com/news/lsu-lincoln-riley

There is a lot of speculation that after tonight, LSU AD Scott Woodward is planning to formally offer the head coaching position at LSU to Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley.  

Speculation?!? 😂 

This isn’t tmz Son

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

There is the So Everyones Cousin have their false history vs. Actual history.  

USC has a 22-11-1 record against SEC football teams and a winning percentage of . 662. Best by far of the Pac-12 schools in matchups against the SEC.

Matter of fact a fully integrated USC went to Alabubba and smashed them and caused the modern day SEC to look like the old SWAC. 

things have changed a lot though. That was back when cali has state wide competition at the high school level.

11 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Reporting.

Literate people know the difference.

It's not a secret.

LSU threw up to $12 million at Lincoln Riley and he said no.

You're fighting this fact because it hurts your fanboy feelings.

😂 

I can assure you that Riley was never offered the job. Discussions didn’t get as deep as many “reported/speculated”. 

I would have been good with him, with the right coordinators, but I trust what came out of the horses mouth more so than what was “reported”. 

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32739340/oklahoma-sooners-rb-commit-raleek-brown-says-lincoln-riley-leaving-usc-changes-everything

This is great.  Recruits de-committing

Inniss is not the only recruit to react to Riley's departure. ESPN 300 running back and Oklahoma commit Raleek Brown told ESPN on Sunday, before the Trojans announced the hire, that Riley's move will impact his recruitment.

"That changes everything," Brown said after ESPN and other outlets reported earlier Sunday that Riley would replace Clay Helton at USC after four seasons with Oklahoma. "I had a good relationship with all [the Oklahoma coaches], so that will really change everything."

26 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Football Scoop and journalists > your "contacts"

Yep. Sports illustrated and Lsu insiders all reported Riley was offered $96M to take over at Lsu. Larry said he was never offered the job at all 🤷‍♂️

My pops has been a Scholarship Club member at USC for 25 years, has his name inside the McKay center, and had no clue Riley was the guy until noon today. I’m a donor but not on that level. Way more involved at MD. Everyone’s an “insider” in the SEC. 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yep. Sports illustrated and Lsu insiders all reported Riley was offered $96M to take over at Lsu. Larry said he was never offered the job at all 🤷‍♂️

My pops has been a Scholarship Club member at USC for 25 years, has his name inside the McKay center, and had no clue Riley was the guy until noon today. I’m a donor but not on that level. Way more involved at MD. Everyone’s an “insider” in the SEC. 

Every yokel with a fragile ego is an SEC insider.

On 11/28/2021 at 4:37 PM, DevilDog said:

There is the So Everyones Cousin have their false history vs. Actual history.  

USC has a 22-11-1 record against SEC football teams and a winning percentage of . 662. Best by far of the Pac-12 schools in matchups against the SEC.

Matter of fact a fully integrated USC went to Alabubba and smashed them and caused the modern day SEC to look like the old SWAC. 

Alabama is 6-2 vs USC.

Devil dog your stats are wrong. Please list these 22 wins usc has over SEC schools.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Riley called the football tradition at USC "unparalleled."

"I look forward to honoring that successful tradition and building on it," he said in the statement released by USC. "The pieces are in place for us to build the program back to where it should be and the fans expect it to be."

To bad it is not true. 

• Haha 1