Trump's world....

DBP66

You aren't kidding Bill.....and his sheep still love him!

Barr: Trump became 'detached from reality' after 2020 election loss

Jon Ward
Jon Ward
·Chief National Correspondent
Mon, June 13, 2022, 2:00 PM

WASHINGTON — Former Attorney General William Barr told the Jan. 6 select committee that former President Donald Trump lost touch with reality following his 2020 election loss to Joe Biden and showed no interest in the evidence that disproved his wild claims of voter fraud.

“Before the election it was sometimes possible to talk sense to the president,” Barr said in videotaped testimony played Monday before the Jan. 6 committee. “But I felt that after the election he didn’t seem to be listening.”

“There was never an indication of interest in what the actual facts were,” he said.

Ultimately, Barr concluded that Trump, who insisted without evidence that voter fraud had cost him victory in the election, had become “detached from reality.”

Barr, who was one of former Trump’s most powerful allies during his term of office, related in extensive testimony to the committee his growing concern and frustration with Trump after the election. He testified about a series of conversations he had with Trump from late November until he resigned in mid-December.

At their first conversation on Nov. 23, Barr said he rebuffed attempts by Trump have the Department of Justice declare that there had been examples of fraud that had influenced the election outcome, which Trump claimed had been stolen.

“I told him the department doesn’t take sides in elections,” Barr told the committee of that exchange. If the Trump campaign could provide examples of purported fraud that were “specific, credible and could affect the outcome,” Barr told the president, then Justice investigators would look into them.

The claims made by Trump and his allies were “not meritorious, not panning out,” Barr said of the many conspiracy theories and false leads put forth following the president’s election defeat.

On his way out of the meeting, Barr asked White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, “How long is he going to carry on with this stolen election stuff?”

Former Attorney General William Barr

Former Attorney General William Barr speaks in a video deposition to the House select committee. (House Select Committee via AP)

Meadows and Kushner reassured Barr, he said, that Trump would not keep making unsubstantiated claims for much longer.

“I think he’s becoming more realistic and knows there’s a limit to how far he can take this,” Meadows told Barr, according to the former attorney general.

“We're working on this,” Kushner said, according to Barr.

On Nov. 29, Trump called in to “Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo” show on the Fox News channel and repeated his false statements about a stolen election, complaining that the Justice Department was “missing in action.”

“Maybe they’re involved,” Trump said, implying the the DOJ might be part of a plot to keep him from remaining in office.

Barr then decided to speak out publicly and rebut Trump’s falsehoods. Two days later he told an Associated Press reporter that his department was investigating claims of irregularities but that “to date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election.”

When he spoke to Trump that same day, Barr said, the president was as mad as he’d ever seen him.

“You must have said this because you hate Trump,” Trump said, according to Barr’s testimony to the committee.

The allegations of votes being switched by Dominion voting machines or software were “idiotic,” Barr said.

“I told him it was crazy stuff and they were wasting their time and it was doing a great disservice to the country,” Barr told the committee.

But the day after Barr’s statement to the AP and his conversation with the president, Trump repeated his claims about Dominion voting machines in an appearance at the White House.

“We have a company that’s very suspect. Its name is Dominion. With the turn of a dial or the change of a chip, you can press a button for Trump and the vote goes to Biden,” Trump claimed, without presenting any evidence to support his assertion.

On Dec. 14, before Barr resigned, he met one last time with Trump, who claimed to have “absolute proof that the Dominion machines were rigged.”

Former Attorney General William Barr is seen on screen

Former Attorney General William Barr is seen on screen during a hearing held by the Select committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the Capitol. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

He handed Barr a report produced by Allied Security Operations. “The report means I’m going to have a second term,” Trump told Barr.

As Barr flipped through the report, he said he felt “demoralized.”

“It looked very amateurish to me,” Barr said. Claims of fraud were made, “but I didn't see any supporting information for it.”

“I thought, If he really believes this stuff, he’s become detached from reality,” Barr added.

The problem, Barr said, was that Trump and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and others were throwing so many bizarre and unsupported claims of fraud around that as soon as Justice Department officials debunked one, several more were pushed forward, without regard to how substantive they were.

“It was like playing whack-a-mole,” Barr said.

Richard Donoghue, who served as acting deputy attorney general from Dec. 24, 2020, until the inauguration of Joe Biden less than a month later, related how he told Trump that the DOJ had conducted “dozens of investigations and hundreds of interviews,” but had not turned up credible evidence of significant fraud.

“I told him flat out that much of the information he was getting was false,” Donoghue said in videotaped testimony to the committee. “We look at the allegations but they don’t pan out.”

But, Donoghue said, “there were so many of these allegations that when you gave him a direct answer on one of them he wouldn’t fight you on that, but he would move to another one.”

One week after the 2020 election, election expert Rick Hasen told Yahoo News that facts “don’t even matter anymore” to Trump’s effort to overturn his loss to Biden. It had become focused on creating the impression that “so many cases must signal something,” Hasen said.

Hasen said that the Trump strategy has clearly become “all about flooding the zone with s***,” as former Trump adviser Steve Bannon once described his political strategy to overwhelm political opponents by swamping them with so much information that it would be impossible to sort through it all.

Barr said that he still has not seen any evidence of a stolen election, and brought up a recently released documentary made by Dinesh D’Souza called “2,000 Mules.” D’Souza was pardoned by Trump in 2018 for a 2014 conviction on campaign finance charges and his film put forth numerous conspiracy theories to try to explain Trump’s election loss.

Barr said the claims made in the film were “indefensible.”

Jan. 6 panel: Trump campaign used 'big lie' to raise millions from supporters

Christopher Wilson
Christopher Wilson
·Senior Writer
Mon, June 13, 2022, 12:37 PM

The committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot said that former President Donald Trump’s campaign fundraised off of baseless allegations of election fraud but spent very little of the money on legal action.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., said Monday morning that the House select committee would show “that the Trump campaign used these false claims of election fraud to raise hundreds of millions of dollars from supporters who were told their donations were for the legal fight in the courts. But the Trump campaign didn’t use the money for that. The ‘big lie’ was also a big rip-off.”

“We’ll present evidence that Mr. Trump’s claims of election fraud were false, that he and his closest advisers knew those claims were false but they continued to peddle them anyway right up until the moments before a mob of Trump supporters attacked the Capitol,” she said.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren at the Monday hearing of the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021. (Joshua Roberts/Reuters)

During the hearing, a senior investigative counsel for the committee said that Trump supporters received upward of 25 emails a day urging them to donate to an election defense fund that did not exist.

“The Trump campaign knew that these claims of voter fraud were false yet they continued to barrage small-dollar donors with emails encouraging them to donate to something called the ‘Official Election Defense Fund,’” Amanda Wick said. “The select committee discovered no such fund existed.”

In a taped deposition, former Trump campaign staffer Hanna Allred said, “I don’t believe there is actually a fund called the Election Defense Fund,” while the campaign’s digital director agreed that the Election Defense Fund was a “marketing tactic.”

Wick noted that much of the money went to the Save America PAC, which was created on Nov. 9, two days after the election was called for Biden. That PAC then routed $1 million to two separate organizations tied to Trump staffers, $204,857 to the Trump Hotel Collection and $5 million for the company that organized the Jan. 6 rally that preceded the violence at the Capitol, according to Wick.

Reps. Zoe Lofgren, Bennie Thompson and Liz Cheney.

From left: Reps. Zoe Lofgren, Bennie Thompson and Liz Cheney during a House select committee hearing on Monday. (Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images)

A February 2021 analysis from ABC News found that in the three months that followed the election when Trump and his allies were peddling the conspiracy theory that the race was stolen, the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee raised $280 million. Only $13 million of that was spent on legal expenses, with more than $100 million going toward “various fundraising expenses and advertising efforts aimed at raising even more money.”

Former Fox News political editor Chris Stirewalt, who was involved in the network’s decision desk that called the race for Joe Biden, testified later in the hearing that the Trump campaign’s strategy of overturning multiple races was nearly impossible.

“Ahead of today, I thought about what are the largest margins that could ever be overturned by a recount,” he said. “In modern history, you’re talking about 1,000 votes, 1,500 votes at the way, way outside. Normally, you’re talking about hundreds of votes, maybe 300 votes that are going to change.

“So the idea that through any normal process in any of these states — remember he had to do it thrice. He needed three of these states to change,” Stirewalt said. “In order to do that, you’re better off to play the Powerball than to have that come in.”

Monday’s hearing was the second public panel from the Jan. 6 House committee following last week’s primetime debut in which Vice Chair Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., said Trump had “a sophisticated seven-part plan to overturn the presidential election and prevent the transfer of presidential power.”

Jan. 6 committee promises to zero in on Trump’s ‘dereliction of duty’

72ef8b02eb2eb236de34265c9fca7995

Brad Dress
Sun, June 12, 2022, 3:15 PM

Lawmakers serving on the Jan. 6 select committee investigating the Capitol riot promised on Sunday that upcoming hearings would continue to examine former President Trump’s culpability in the attack plus reveal further details about GOP lawmakers who sought pardons for their role in attempting to overturn the 2020 election.

Rep. Elaine Luria (D-Va.) told NBC’s “Meet the Press” that the panel has assembled a “comprehensive tick-tock timeline” of Trump’s role that day as well as his inaction in calling off the rioters sooner.

“[Y]ou know, this man had the microphone; he could speak to the whole country. His duty was to stand up and say something and try to stop this. So, we’ll talk about that and what I see to be his dereliction of duty, and he had a duty to act,” Luria said.

At last Thursday’s primetime hearing, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), one of two Republicans on the panel, suggested for the first time that GOP House lawmakers had sought pardons from the Trump White House for their role in overturning the election.

Details about that have been scant since, but Luria said more information about those efforts would be revealed in upcoming hearings. When asked if lawmakers had “hard evidence” of the requests, Luria said: “We do.”

It’s unclear how many lawmakers sought the pardons, but Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), who is also on the panel, said on CNN’s “State of the Union” it was more than one.

“It is multiple members of Congress, as the vice chair said, at our opening hearing,” Raskin said. “And, all in due course, the details will surface.”

When co-host Dana Bash asked if investigators had evidence, Raskin replied: “everything we’re doing is documented by evidence.”

On Wednesday, the committee is expected to focus on the Justice Department and Trump’s attempt to influence it to help him overturn the 2020 presidential election results.

“[W]hat I think is going to become clear across the compilation of these hearings is that, you know, this seven-part plan we’re going to lay out was every lever of government.” Luria said. “They were attempting to use those and, you know, whichever one they could pull and would have some influence, they moved forward with it.”

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) on Sunday told Martha Raddatz on ABC’s “This Week” the panel had “very powerful” evidence that Trump’s lies about the election inspired the Jan. 6 mob. He also said they will show a “connection” between white nationalist groups and members of Trump’s orbit.

“What’s important, again, is the broad context of all of this, the knowledge prior to Jan. 6, that there were going to be violent white nationalist groups, assembling along with others on that mall,” Schiff said. “And the decision by the president nonetheless to incite that mob and do nothing while that attack was taking place.”

Last Thursday’s hearing prompted some Republicans to speak out against Trump on Sunday, despite the always looming threat that the former president may retaliate against them.

Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.) slammed Trump for not stopping the rioting during an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press,” while Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R) told “Fox News Sunday” guest host Bret Baier that Trump was personally responsible for the rioting on Jan. 6, even if he has not been held criminally liable.

“Trump is politically, morally responsible for much of what has happened, but in terms of criminal liability, I think the committee has a long way to go to establish that,” Hutchinson said, adding that Jan. 6 was a “costly error” for democracy. “Republicans need to do a lot of soul searching as to what is the right thing here and what is the right thing for our democracy in the future and not simply adhere to the basic instincts of some of our base.”

Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) told “Fox News Sunday” the U.S. was “at risk of a season of political violence” if Americans do not “reduce the temper and level of our rhetoric.”

In the first hearing, the panel showed members of Trump’s inner-circle, including his daughter Ivanka Trump and former Attorney General Bill Barr, agreeing that no election fraud had occurred.

They also shared disturbing videos of the attack on the U.S. Capitol, which pitted rioters against police officers, and presented testimony from Caroline Edwards, a U.S. Capitol Police officer who was knocked unconscious during the attack, which she described as “carnage.”

Nick Quested, a documentarian who filmed the rioting and members of the far-right group the Proud Boys, also testified before the panel. He explained what he and his crew captured on video, including a secret meeting between Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio and Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes in a parking garage.

Quested on Sunday told NBC’s “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd that he was aware he and his crew filmed “multiple crimes” on Jan. 6.

“I’m used to covering conflicts abroad and I can process that and I can separate that from my life. But to see it from the country I live in was particularly problematic,” he said on NBC. “I think America has become so divided, I don’t know if there is commonality anymore.”

Both Rhodes and Tarrio have been charged with seditious conspiracy, a rarely used charge that accuses the militia leaders of conspiring to overthrow the U.S. government.

On CBS’ “Face the Nation,” Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), the other Republican serving on the committee, agreed with the notion that the panel’s work extended far beyond just the day of the riot that included building a bigger argument centered on Trump’s efforts to overturn the election.

But Kinzinger, who is not running for re-election, said he did not believe the committee’s public-facing work would change much if Trump were to run again and be re-elected

“The thing that is most concerning to me is nothing has changed. The only thing that has changed since January 6, if they want to run that play again, they will put more loyal people into the administration earlier on. It is important for the American people to see this, to take ownership over this, and make a decision what kind of country we want to live in.”

as the brainwashed morons cut him more checks....😥

‘It’s a Grift’: Kimberly Guilfoyle Made $60,000 Introducing Don Jr. at Coup Rally, Jan. 6 Committee Says

William Vaillancourt
Mon, June 13, 2022, 3:21 PM

Kimberly Guilfoyle,Donald Trump Jr. - Credit: Jacquelyn Martin/AP

Kimberly Guilfoyle,Donald Trump Jr. - Credit: Jacquelyn Martin/AP

Rep. Zoe Lofgren presented evidence during the Jan. 6 committee hearing Monday detailing how the Trump campaign used the false claim that the 2020 election was stolen to con supporters to the tune of $250 million. The California Democrat went into more detail about the alleged scam later in the day while speaking with CNN’s Jake Tapper.

Tapper asked Lofgren about a comment she made after the hearing about Trump and his family benefitting from donations meant to fund election integrity, and if they did so to the extent that it was criminal. “I don’t know. We’re a legislative committee, so that’s for somebody else to decide,” Lofgren replied. “But, for example, we know that [Kimberly] Guilfoyle was paid for the introduction she gave at the speech on January 6th. She received compensation for that.”

Fox News Analyst: Republicans Will Secretly Be 'Glad' If Jan. 6 Panel Damages Trump

Josephine Harvey
Mon, June 13, 2022, 11:39 PM

Fox News senior political analyst Brit Hume suggested that many elected Republicans are secretly hoping that the Jan. 6 House select committee ruins Donald Trump’s chances of running for president again in 2024.

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol is presenting its findings in a series of hearings this month. In the second hearing on Monday, it laid out evidence that Trump and his inner circle knew his claims of a rigged election were false but pushed them widely anyway, utilizing them to raise millions of dollars while seeking to overturn the 2020 election and stay in power.

During analysis on Monday’s “Special Report,” host Bret Baier asked Hume if the committee was trying to make a legal or political case against Trump.

“Well, I think they’re doing both,” Hume said.

“What strikes me about this, Bret, is that if they succeed ― either by damaging him or staining him such that he is either unable for legal or political reasons to run again ― they might end up finding out that they’ve done the Republican Party a great service,” he added.

“Because I think a great many Republicans think they can’t win with Trump at the head of the ticket again.

“They’re afraid of his supporters and don’t want to come out against him directly. But they’d like him to go away. If the effect of this committee is to make his possible candidacy go away, I think a great many Republicans would privately be very glad.”

Meanwhile, for those of us (aka "everyone") who don't waste our time reading Dumbass66's articles, inflation is out of control, the border is out of control, the markets have tanked and continue to decline, and Biden's dementia worsens inline with his current 38.9% approval rating per RCP.  

But the 3rd TDS-inspired charade to go after Trump is showing some success.  Per electionbettingodds.com, Republican chances for takeovers of both the Senate and House are UP this week. And Trump has widened his lead over Joey Applesauce in the odds to win in 2024.

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, concha said:

Meanwhile, for those of us (aka "everyone") who don't waste our time reading Dumbass66's articles, inflation is out of control, the border is out of control, the markets have tanked and continue to decline, and Biden's dementia worsens inline with his current 38.9% approval rating per RCP.  

But the 3rd TDS-inspired charade to go after Trump is showing some success.  Per electionbettingodds.com, Republican chances for takeovers of both the Senate and House are UP this week. And Trump has widened his lead over Joey Applesauce in the odds to win in 2024.

🤣

LOL..20 million people watched the first prime-time hearing last week Don....so you got your boy running for office again Don?...and winning huh??...LOL....and you think there are enough morons like you to vote for him again??...LOL...you know he REALLY did lose right??...and he LOST by 7 MILLION votes last time Don.....🤡

3 hours ago, concha said:

🤣

How could you possibly know what Trump and some of his fellow Republicans tried to do to this country and still be giddy about his prospects of being reelected? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

How could you possibly know what Trump and some of his fellow Republicans tried to do to this country and still be giddy about his prospects of being reelected? 

Well, personally I think DeSantis will be the nominee and then president.

And I'm laughing at the ineffectiveness of this bullshit kangaroo committee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, concha said:

Which part of me laughing at the committee sailed over your melon?

You made up your mind before the committee uttered a word. And wtf is with you people and your obsession with kangaroos? There are questions being asked, answers being given, video being shown, and facts being revealed. Just shut your mouth for two minutes and listen, then draw your own conclusion for once rather than “arrive” at one that’s spoon fed to you. Nobody is saying you have to jerk off to Liz Cheney to listen to testimony from Trump’s people.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

You made up your mind before the committee uttered a word. And wtf is with you people and your obsession with kangaroos? There are questions being asked, answers being given, video being shown, and facts being revealed. Just shut your mouth for two minutes and listen, then draw your own conclusion for once rather than “arrive” at one that’s spoon fed to you. Nobody is saying you have to jerk off to Liz Cheney to listen to testimony from Trump’s people.

I made my mind up that a committee made up of known, rabid anti-Trump Democrats and two token Republicans - picked because they are known to be Trump haters also - was not going to arrive at any objective conclusions. The committee has literally zero members who would make an attempt to offer a differing perspective. Zero.

But you want to talk about spoon-feeding?

🤡  🤣

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

I made my mind up that a committee made up of known, rabid anti-Trump Democrats and two token Republicans - picked because they are known to be Trump haters also - was not going to arrive at any objective conclusions. The committee has literally zero members who would make an attempt to offer a differing perspective. Zero.

🤡  🤣

What do text messages between Sean Hannity and Trumps team have to do with the committee’s conclusion? What does unedited video footage gave to do with the committee’s conclusion? What do the words of Trumps hand-picked people have to do with the committee’s conclusion? What does Jenna Ellis admitting she lied about everything she said regarding election fraud have to do with the committee’s conclusion? I could go on, but you get the point. You can’t detach the opinion of one person from the facts that were uncovered… that’s mighty nonpartisan and free-thinking of you. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, concha said:

Well, personally I think DeSantis will be the nominee and then president.

And I'm laughing at the ineffectiveness of this bullshit kangaroo committee.

ineffective??..LOL...how many Republican insiders flipped on your boy??....his own daughter knew he was full of shit...the committee has proven the existence of the BIG lie and how it got it came to birth...we owe that to a drunk Rudy!...the guy who Trump decided to listen to....the "smart" guy...🙄

17 minutes ago, concha said:

🤡  🤣

different perspective??...LOL...sort of like "alternative facts"??....you wanted some right wing nut to go there and say "it was just a peaceful group of tourists"...that's what you want to hear...the crowd really didn't want to "HANG MIKE PENCE"...right??...LOL....you silly clown....🤡

1 minute ago, GoBigBlack said:

What do text messages between Sean Hannity and Trumps team have to do with the committee’s conclusion? What does unedited video footage gave to do with the committee’s conclusion? What do the words of Trumps hand-picked people have to do with the committee’s conclusion? What does Jenna Ellis admitting she lied about everything she said regarding election fraud have to do with the committee’s conclusion? I could go on, but you get the point. You can’t detach the opinion of one person from the facts that were uncovered… that’s mighty nonpartisan and free-thinking of you. 

I'm sure this slightly important point has been made, right?

I'm sure Cheney cutting a Trump quote that ended with him telling the crowd to go home in peace was an honest oversight, right?

They've covered the fact that Trump's DoD offered National Guard help and it was turned down, right?

The committee's conclusion is pre-determined.  Only a moron can't see that.  If a committee of your worst enemies deliberated whether or not you're a great guy, what the hell conclusion do you think they'll reach? Do you honestly believe for a second they'll look at evidence in an impartial manner?

Remove your head from your ass.

🤣

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, concha said:

I'm sure this slightly important point has been made, right?

I'm sure Cheney cutting a Trump quote that ended with him telling the crowd to go home in peace was an honest oversight, right?

They've covered the fact that Trump's DoD offered National Guard help and it was turned down, right?

The committee's conclusion is pre-determined.  Only a moron can't see that.  If a committee of your worst enemies deliberated whether or not you're a great guy, what the hell conclusion do you think they'll reach? Do you honestly believe for a second they'll look at evidence in an impartial manner?

Remove your head from your ass.

🤣

and what did Moscow Mitch and Kevin McCarthy say after the insurrection attempt??....they both blamed Trump in no uncertain terms.....and then they decided to sell their souls to Trump once again...just like you!..😪