Trump's world....

DBP66

Just now, tommygun58 said:

I'm not vaxed & hadn't even had a slight illness the entire time.In my tiny town of 8k the local news reported 43 covid deaths.I coached wrestling,football,girls & boys intown baseball,softball,basketball along with my wife & know all.One person we know of died April 2020.She was 250 +lbs  67yr old & had heart problems & it was chalked up as covid death & that is it.Small town = big gossip.Media lies big time.

LOL...you're playing Russian roulette IMO...why risk it?...there is a chance you could have long term effects from this...I'm not a vaccine type guy...never got the flu vaccine but this Covid is a game changer when you have a chance to have the rest of your life effected by a virus...too risky for me....I got too much to do in my future...😉

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

LOL...you're playing Russian roulette IMO...why risk it?...there is a chance you could have long term effects from this...I'm not a vaccine type guy...never got the flu vaccine but this Covid is a game changer when you have a chance to have the rest of your life effected by a virus...too risky for me....I got too much to do in my future...😉

My wife deals with college students & my son that I drive to & from work(seizures) deals with major handicapped adults that they CAN NOT put a mask on.Both are paid by the Gov of NJ.They had to get 2 jabs to work but no booster to date.They both tested positive in Oct at Walgreens because people on their jobs also tested positive,then a day later went to CVS & tested negative.WTF?14 days off work getting paid & feeling normal.I had to get tested 3 times for driving my son to work(Gov orders) & nothing.SCAM!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tommygun58 said:

My wife deals with college students & my son that I drive to & from work(seizures) deals with major handicapped adults that they CAN NOT put a mask on.Both are paid by the Gov of NJ.They had to get 2 jabs to work but no booster to date.They both tested positive in Oct at Walgreens because people on their jobs also tested positive,then a day later went to CVS & tested negative.WTF?14 days off work getting paid & feeling normal.I had to get tested 3 times for driving my son to work(Gov orders) & nothing.SCAM!!!!

don't bet your life on it...😉

4 hours ago, DBP66 said:

look at my prior post about the Cal. Politician.

Yes about that.  Had you simply posted the story, perhaps I may have been tempted to believe it was borne of compassion or genuine concern.  
However, in light of the fiercely partisan, aggressive, and often ascerbic nature of you own personal commentary, it’s hard to interpret your preface to the story as anything other than a disingenuous and celebratory “told you so” comment.  

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Yes about that.  Had you simply posted the story, perhaps I may have been tempted to believe it was borne of compassion or genuine concern.  
However, in light of the fiercely partisan, aggressive, and often ascerbic nature of you own personal commentary, it’s hard to interpret your preface to the story as anything other than a disingenuous and celebratory “told you so” comment.  

did you notice I wrote "SAD" when I posted it champ?...a mother and wife died...don't ASSume or try to interpret....😉

3 hours ago, DBP66 said:

don't bet your life on it...😉

Marlboros,Buds & JD.At 65 love sitting back & watching lefties over blow shit like "we hate all republicans until they say bad shit about Trump" or " The squad's the future of the dem party"

I will outlive all of your asses & will be happy to help roll you feet first out of the church.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

INSIDER

Trump spent January 6 anniversary watching Biden and Pelosi on cable news and he was enraged, report says

Joshua Zitser
Sun, January 9, 2022, 6:38 AM

Former President Donald Trump

Then-President Donald Trump speaks in the Diplomatic Room of the White House on Thanksgiving on November 26, 2020 in Washington, DC.Erin Schaff - Pool/Getty Images
  • Former President Donald Trump canceled a press conference on the anniversary of the Capitol riot.

• Newsweek reports that he spent the day at home furiously watching the commemorative events on cable news.

• He referred to the events commemorating the insurrection as the "Biden-Pelosi show," a friend told Newsweek.

Former President Donald Trump spent January 6, 2022, at the Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, watching cable news and getting angry, according to Newsweek.

Citing a friend of the former president, Newsweek said that Trump spent all day "stewing" at home while cable news shows broadcast events commemorating the first anniversary of the Capitol riot.

And while he didn't watch all of the events, the friend told Newsweek, what he did see made him "furious."

Trump dubbed the events, led by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and featuring a speech by President Joe Biden, as the "Biden-Pelosi show," per the friend.

According to another source close to Trump, the former president's contempt for Biden was intensified by his speech, Newsweek said.

In a statement, the former president slammed Biden's speech as a piece of "political theater" to distract from his failures. He also said that Biden used his name to "try to further divide America."

He accused Biden of trying to "deflect the incompetent job" he is doing. "That's what you get when you have a rigged Election," in another statement.

According to Newsweek, Trump's friends say that the former president obsesses over debunked conspiracies about the election having been rigged. "The reason he is so fixated on the so-called stolen election is that he still can't believe he lost to that guy," said one friend.

Capitol attack

Trump supporters clash with police and security forces as people try to storm the Capitol on January 6, 2021 in Washington.Brent Stirton/Getty Images

He's also fixated on how the public views him concerning January 6, Newsweek said, "He pretty much obsesses about criticism 24/7," a friend told the media outlet.

Trump had initially planned to hold a press conference at Mar-a-Lago on the anniversary of the Capitol attack but abruptly canceled it two days before the event. As Insider previously reported, he blamed what he called the "total bias and dishonesty of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Democrats, two failed Republicans, and the Fake News Media."

But reports say that family members and political allies had warned him the press conference would backfire. While playing golf at Mar-a-Lago, Sen. Lindsay Graham had advised that there would be little upside to holding it, Newsweek reported.

21 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Lots of that story meant plenty of sense 😉

let me guess...this lie that Trump said..."That's what you get when you have a rigged Election,"...makes sense to you??....LOL...it does if you're a sucker a brought the BIG lie....🤡

INSIDER

Trump would dial Fox News hosts Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs into Oval Office meetings, report says

Alia Shoaib
Sun, January 9, 2022, 1:20 PM

Fox News Channel and radio talk show host Sean Hannity (L) interviews U.S. President Donald Trump before a campaign rally at the Las Vegas Convention Center on September 20, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The texts from Fox News host Sean Hannity, a prominent supporter of Trump, indicate he had direct knowledge of the former president's plans for January 6 and harbored concerns for them, the Jan 6 committee said.Ethan Miller/Getty Images
  • Fox News's top hosts served as a "Cable Cabinet of unofficial advisers," said the Washington Post.

• There was an intimate relationship between the network and the Trump administration, it said.

• Former administration officials told the paper that Fox hosts were dialed into Oval Office meetings.

Several of Fox News's top hosts served as a "Cable Cabinet of unofficial advisers," according to the Washington Post.

In recent weeks, the House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack released numerous text messages from various Fox News hosts to former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows on the day of the insurrection.

A former senior administration official, who spoke to The Post on the condition of anonymity, said that the influence extended into the very heart of the president's administration, and Trump would sometimes dial Fox News hosts Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs into Oval Office staff meetings.

"A lot of it was PR — what he should be saying and how he should be saying it; he should be going harder against wearing masks or whatever," Stephanie Grisham, former press secretary to President Donald Trump, told The Post. "And they all have different opinions, too."

The January 6 committee revealed that Fox News Hosts Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, and Brian Kilmeade texted Meadows as the insurrection unfolded, showing the closeness between the cable news network and the White House.

The texts indicated that Hannity had direct knowledge about Trump's strategy for the day of the electoral vote count and had concerns about his plan, the committee said.

Fox News hosts had a direct number to reach Trump and administration officials often posed challenges for West Wing staffers, former administration officials told The Washington Post.

Grisham told The Post how highly the former president valued the opinions of Fox hosts.

"There were times the president would come down the next morning and say, 'Well, Sean [Hannity] thinks we should do this,' or, 'Judge Jeanine [Pirro] thinks we should do this,'" Grisham told the paper.

Grisham told the paper that Fox News hosts weighed in on everything from personnel to messaging strategy.

The Washington Post said that several of Fox News's top hosts served as a "Cable Cabinet of unofficial advisers."

Alyssa Farah, a former White House communications director, told the Post that staffers would "try to get ahead of what advice you thought he was going to be given by these people" because their opinions "could completely change his mind on something."

Farah told the paper that Trump particularly valued the opinions of Lou Dobbs, Hannity, Ingraham, and Pirro.

'It taught me the power of the young producers at Fox'

lou dobbs tonight election fraud claims

Lou Dobbs introducing "Lou Dobbs Tonight" on Fox Business, January 4 2020Fox Business

The reality TV star turned president has long been known for his obsession with cable television and ratings.

One former top White House official told The Post that Fox hosts often had more influence over Trump based on what they said on air rather than what they said off-screen to him and his team.

The paper reported that former Trump chief of staff John F. Kelly told White House staffers that Trump's ideas and feelings about people often originated from Lou Dobbs's show on Fox. Watching it was critical to understanding the president.

Michael Pillsbury, an informal Trump adviser, told the paper that the former president embraced Sidney Powell, the lawyer known for her promotion of conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, after watching her on Dobbs' show.

"It taught me the power of the young producers at Fox, and Fox Business especially," Pillsbury told the paper.

Jeff Cohen, the author of "Cable News Confidential: My Misadventures in Corporate Media," told the Post that the text messages released by the January 6 committee represent a "smoking gun."

Cohen is the founder of Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR), a media watchdog group.

He said that the texts were evidence of how "deeply intertwined" the channel's leadership was with the Trump administration.

Cohen told the paper that even though they are opinion journalists, the Fox News hosts violated the public trust by not disclosing the full extent of their relationship.

A spokesperson for Fox News did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Read the original article on Business Insider

Romney defends Biden's 2020 win after Trump attacks GOP's Rounds

David Knowles
David Knowles
·Senior Editor
Mon, January 10, 2022, 4:37 PM

Sen. Mitt Romney and Sen. Mike Rounds

Sen. Mitt Romney, left, and Sen. Mike Rounds. (Photo illustration: Yahoo News; photos: Greg Nash/Pool via AP, Anna Moneymake/Getty Images)

Following an attack by former President Donald Trump, Sen Mitt Romney defended fellow Republican Sen. Mike Rounds of South Dakota on Monday for accurately stating that the 2020 election was fair and that Trump “did not win.”

In an appearance on ABC’s “This Week,” Rounds was asked what he thought of the members of his party who bought into Trump's disproven claim that his loss was attributable to voter fraud. 

“We looked — as a part of our due diligence, we looked at over 60 different accusations made in multiple states,” Rounds responded. “While there were some irregularities, there were none of the irregularities which would have risen to the point where they would have changed the vote outcome in a single state. The election was fair, as fair as we have seen. We simply did not win the election, as Republicans, for the presidency.”

Trump's relentless campaign to convince the nation that Biden had not actually won the election, despite a 7 million vote margin in the popular vote and a resounding 306-232 Electoral College victory, served as the basis for the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol by his supporters. 

True to form, Trump released a statement on Monday in which he went after Rounds for denying his election claims, saying the governor “just went woke on the Fraudulent Presidential Election of 2020.”

“Is he crazy or just stupid?” Trump continued about the remarks Rounds made on “This Week,” adding, “The only reason he did this is because he got my endorsement and easily won his state in 2020, so now he thinks he has time, and those are the only ones, the weak, who will break away. Even though his election will not be coming up for 5 years, I will never endorse this jerk again.”

Numerous election officials, as well as Trump's own Justice Department and judges in multiple states all concluded that the 2020 election was not marred by the kind of fraud that would have reversed the outcome. 

A longtime Trump antagonist, Romney issued a statement in the days leading up to the Jan. 6 certification of the Electoral College vote making clear his view that the election had been fairly decided and that a plan by Republican lawmakers to contest it was undemocratic. 

“The egregious ploy to reject electors may enhance the political ambition of some, but dangerously threatens our Democratic Republic. The congressional power to reject electors is reserved for the most extreme and unusual circumstances. These are far from it,” Romney said in his statement. “More Americans participated in this election than ever before, and they made their choice. President Trump’s lawyers made their case before scores of courts; in every instance, they failed. The Justice Department found no evidence of irregularity sufficient to overturn the election. The Presidential Voter Fraud Commission disbanded without finding such evidence.”

After the House of Representatives impeached Trump, Romney later voted to convict the president for his role in the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. The measure ultimately did not get enough GOP votes in the Senate to convict Trump.

Romney and Rounds, however, would seem to hold a minority view within their party regarding the outcome of the 2020 election. A Yahoo News/YouGov poll released last week found that a full three-quarters of Trump voters (75 percent) falsely believe the election was “rigged and stolen,” while just 9 percent think Biden “won fair and square” — down from 13 percent last January.

A year after election, RNC still spending hundreds of thousands to cover Trump's legal bills

SOO RIN KIM
Mon, January 10, 2022, 5:01 AM

More than a year after the 2020 presidential election, the GOP is still covering numerous legal bills for the benefit of former President Donald Trump -- and the price tag is ruffling the feathers of some longtime GOP donors who are now critical of Trump.

In October and November alone, the Republican National Committee spent nearly $720,000 of its donor money on paying law firms representing Trump in various legal challenges, including criminal investigations into his businesses in New York, according to campaign finance records.

Trump's legal bills have sent the Republican Party's total legal expenditures soaring in recent months, resulting in $3 million spent just between September and November. In contrast, the Democratic National Committee has been gradually winding down its legal expenses over the last few months.

Traditionally, national political parties have at times covered presidents and their advisers' legal fees in matters related to their presidential campaigns. And throughout his presidency, the Republican Party has footed legal bills for Trump, his family members and his political allies, going back to the days of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into the 2016 election, through the impeachment proceedings following the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

But experts say the GOP's recent payments of Trump's attorney fees after he left the White House, for investigations that are not relevant to the next presidential campaign, is a very unusual move that's indicative of the ongoing influence that the former president has over the party.

"Campaign finance law does not strictly prohibit a national party committee from paying for private legal expenses, but it is very rare for a party committee to use donor money in that way," said Brendan Fischer, federal reforms director at nonpartisan government ethics group Campaign Legal Center.

"And it is entirely unprecedented for a national party committee to cover a former president's private legal bills, especially when those legal expenses arise out of an investigation into activity that preceded Trump's time in the White House, and when Trump is sitting on millions of his own PAC funds," Fischer said.

RNC spokesperson Emma Vaughn told ABC News that the RNC's executive committee approved paying for "certain legal expenses that related to politically motivated legal proceedings waged against President Trump," while declining to comment on which specific cases are being paid for.

PHOTO: Former President Donald Trump speaks at a rally on Sept. 25, 2021 in Perry, Ga. (Sean Rayford/Getty Images, FILE)

PHOTO: Former President Donald Trump speaks at a rally on Sept. 25, 2021 in Perry, Ga. (Sean Rayford/Getty Images, FILE)

"As a leader of our party, defending President Trump and his record of achievement is critical to the GOP," Vaughn said. "It is entirely appropriate for the RNC to continue assisting in fighting back against the Democrats' never ending witch hunt and attacks on him."

The RNC has so far paid three law firms on behalf of Trump, paying $328,000 to NechelesLaw LLP, $200,000 to van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin, and $172,000 to Fischetti & Malgieri LLP, according to its recent disclosure filings. The Washington Post reported that the RNC has agreed to pay up to $1.6 million of Trump's legal bills.

Fischetti & Malgieri represents Trump in the parallel investigations by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. and New York state Attorney General Letitia James into the business practices of Trump's eponymous company. Vance and James have said their investigations are not politically motivated.

Susan Necheles of NechelesLaw reportedly joined the legal team representing Trump and the Trump Organization last summer. Michael van der Veen was part of Trump's defense team during the impeachment proceedings after Jan. 6.

The law firm payments haven't sat well with some Trump critics within the GOP.

"It is very disheartening to see RNC donors funding Trump's legal bills," former Rep. Francis Rooney, R-Fla., told ABC News.

Rooney, who is among several Republican lawmakers who announced their retirement after clashing with pro-Trump forces within the GOP, was previously a U.S. ambassador to the Holy See under the Bush administration and a generous donor to the Republican Party, giving upwards of $1 million to various GOP candidates and groups over the years.

"I used to support the RNC quite a bit, especially when Reince Priebus was there," Rooney said. "But I don't see myself doing it right now because they keep giving money to Trump."

Many Republicans are "exhausted and bothered by" Trump allies' continued election challenges, Rooney said, "because all it's doing is giving a lot of grist to people who want to oppose the Republican Party, at least the one that I used to know."

"We're getting tarred with this big lie and this claim of election fraud, and that is damaging our most important institution in our country -- belief in elections," Rooney said.

The RNC's financial support of Trump's legal bills also complicates the party's vow to remain neutral ahead of nominating process for the 2024 presidential election. "The party has to stay neutral. I'm not telling anybody to run or not to run in 2024," RNC Chairman Ronna McDaniel said last January. She has since reaffirmed that Trump "still leads the party."

PHOTO: President Donald Trump listens as Chair of the Republican National Committee, Ronna McDaniel, right, speaks during a campaign rally, Nov. 5, 2018, in Cape Girardeau, Mo. (Jeff Roberson/AP, FILE)

PHOTO: President Donald Trump listens as Chair of the Republican National Committee, Ronna McDaniel, right, speaks during a campaign rally, Nov. 5, 2018, in Cape Girardeau, Mo. (Jeff Roberson/AP, FILE)

Financial support notwithstanding, the GOP and Trump have not always had a smooth relationship over the past year. In the final days of Trump's presidency, Trump told McDaniel he was leaving the GOP and creating his own political party, only to back down after McDaniel threatened to stop paying Trump's legal bills for his post-election challenges, according to a book by ABC News Chief Washington Correspondent Jonathan Karl.

Both Trump and McDaniel have denied the story.

Not long after that, Trump and the party again clashed over the use of Trump's name in fundraising appeals, with the GOP eventually reaching an agreement to use his name.

In addition to covering many of Trump's legal bills, the RNC has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars supporting lawsuits across the country "to ensure the integrity of our elections," said RNC spokeswoman Danielle Alvarez.

Gearing up for the 2022 election cycle, the RNC has been building an aggressive nationwide "election integrity program," engaging in election-related lawsuits in states like Georgia, Florida, Arizona and Texas, stationing state-directors in battleground states, engaging hundreds of attorneys at the state level and training thousands of poll watchers.

The party is engaged in 30 such "election integrity" lawsuits, Alvarez said, with financial disclosures showing payments of $500,000 to the law firm of Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP, more than $260,000 to McGuireWoods, and $243,000 to Consovoy McCarthy PLLC.

Even with all the legal expenditures, the RNC has continued to build a huge war chest over the past year. Backed by megadonors that include Blackstone Group CEO Stephen Schwarzman and casino mogul Steve Wynn, the RNC ended November with more than $65 million in cash on hand.

Trump ends NPR interview when pressed on election lies

Dylan Stableford
Dylan Stableford
·Senior Writer
Wed, January 12, 2022, 11:04 AM

Former President Donald Trump abruptly ended an interview with NPR on Tuesday after being pressed about his repeated lies about the 2020 presidential election.

During the interview, which aired on NPR's "Morning Edition" on Wednesday, Trump seemed to become irritated when host Steve Inskeep asked him about recent comments by Sen. Mike Rounds, R-S.D., who said that the 2020 election was fair and that Trump “did not win.”

"Rounds is wrong on that," Trump said. "Totally wrong."

Inskeep asked Trump why many Republicans in the U.S. Senate are not standing behind him and his disproven claim that his loss was attributable to voter fraud.

"Because Mitch McConnell is a loser," Trump replied, referring to the Senate minority leader. "This is a long way from over."

Trump bragged that he got more votes than any sitting president, and wondered aloud how Joe Biden could have beaten him.

“How come Biden couldn’t attract 20 people for a crowd? How come when he went to speak in different locations, nobody came to watch, but all of a sudden he got 80 million votes? Nobody believes that, Steve," Trump said. "Nobody believes that.”

“If you’ll forgive me," Inskeep replied, "maybe because the election was about you.”

Donald Trump speaking at a lectern with American flags in the background.

Then-President Donald Trump on election night in 2020. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

The former president — whose endorsement is seen as key in many Republican midterm races — was asked if he’ll refuse to endorse any GOP candidates who dispute his lies about the 2020 election, and whether peddling his baseless claims is "an absolute."

Trump suggested that "the ones that are smart" will continue to press the election fraud issue.

"People have no idea how big this issue is, and they don't want it to happen again," he said. "And the only way it's not going to happen again is you have to solve the problem of the presidential rigged election."

Trump then thanked Inskeep and hung up before the host could ask a question related to a legal case involving the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection.

According to NPR, the interview was scheduled for 15 minutes, but lasted just over nine.

Donald Trump.

Trump in 2017. (Evan Vucci/AP)

Earlier in the interview, Trump addressed the Biden administration's vaccine mandates, saying he recommends being inoculated against COVID-19, but that it should be by choice.

"The mandate is really hurting our country," Trump said. "A lot of Americans aren't standing for it, and it's hurting our country.

"The vaccines, I recommend taking them, but I think that has to be an individual choice," he continued. "I mean, it's got to be individual, but I recommend taking them."

In a separate interview that aired on One America News Network on Tuesday night, Trump criticized Republicans who have wavered on the issue.

“I’ve had the booster," he said. "I watched a couple of politicians be interviewed, and one of the questions was ‘Did you get the booster?’ — because they had the vaccine — and they’re answering like, in other words, the answer is ‘yes’ but they don’t want to say it. Because they’re gutless.

“You gotta say it, whether you had it or not. Say it,” he added. “But the fact is that I think the vaccines saved tens of millions throughout the world. I’ve had absolutely no side effects."

This is too funny...“How come Biden couldn’t attract 20 people for a crowd? How come when he went to speak in different locations, nobody came to watch, but all of a sudden he got 80 million votes? Nobody believes that, Steve," Trump said. "Nobody believes that.”

He sounds like he's been listening to @I AM IRONMAN?!?....he thinks he won because he had big crowds?!?...LOL..a year later??...he lost his mind a long time ago...too bad his supporters lost their minds too...SAD😪.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

You just described the Obama administration...thanks!

Oh and dumb enough to vote him in a second time!!

No...not even close...I just described the guy you think won the election...the guy with the BIG crowds...the certified bullshit artist....😉

• Haha 1

Kevin McCarthy reportedly told Republicans in a phone call last year that Trump admitted to being partially responsible for the Capitol riot. Now McCarthy says he doesn't remember that call.

Oma Seddiq
Fri, January 14, 2022, 12:34 PM

kevin mccarthy jan 6 capitol

House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images
  • Kevin McCarthy said Trump told him personally that he bore some responsibility for the Capitol riot.

• McCarthy made the remarks on a radio show and in a private phone call with Republicans last year, per CNN.

• During a news conference on Thursday, McCarthy said he couldn't recall the phone call.

In the days after January 6, 2021, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told Republicans in a private phone call that then President Donald Trump admitted that he shared some responsibility for the Capitol riot, according to CNN.

But during a news conference on Thursday, McCarthy told reporters that he couldn't recall that phone conversation.

"I'm not sure what call you're talking about," McCarthy said.

CNN reported on the phone call at the time, and on Thursday the news outlet obtained a detailed readout of what McCarthy told his Republican colleagues.

"Let me be clear to you and I have been very clear to the president. He bears responsibility for his words and actions. No if, ands, or buts," McCarthy told House Republicans on January 11, 2021, according to CNN. "I asked him personally today if he holds responsibility for what happened. If he feels bad about what happened. He told me he does have some responsibility for what happened. But he needs to acknowledge that."

McCarthy also said in a local radio interview on January 12, 2021, that Trump "told me personally that he does have some responsibility" for the riot, CNN reported.

The House Republican leader has since resisted pinning any blame on Trump for the Capitol riot. The former president has never publicly admitted any responsibility for the day's violence.

McCarthy's comments surrounding January 6 have come under scrutiny after the House select committee investigating the Capitol riot reached out to him on Wednesday to voluntarily cooperate with the probe.

The California Republican rejected the congressional panel's request on Thursday, calling the committee "illegitimate."

"As a representative and the leader of the minority party, it is with neither regret nor satisfaction that I have concluded to not participate with this select committee's abuse of power that stains this institution today and will harm it going forward," he said.

McCarthy reportedly originally backed the creation of a bipartisan 9/11-style commission to investigate the Capitol riot, yet later withdrew his support because it failed to include civil unrest during the summer of 2020 as part of its investigation, as many Republicans had called for.

He has since repeatedly condemned the committee as a partisan tool.

McCarthy's office did not immediately return Insider's request for comment.

Read the original article on Business Insider

Trump calls the Capitol Police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt a 'disgrace' and claims the FBI was behind the insurrection.

Trump held his first rally of 2022 in Arizona on Saturday. The former president spewed falsehoods about the January 6 insurrection in his speech. Trump called the officer who fatally shot Ashli Babbitt a "disgrace" and an "out-of-control dope."

Former President Donald Trump called the Capitol Police officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt during the January 6 riot at the US Capitol a "disgrace" and claimed the FBI was behind the insurrection. 

In the first rally of the year in Florence, Arizona, Trump falsely claimed that Democrats wanted to "protect" the officer exonerated of wrongdoing in Babbitt's killing following an internal investigation.

"I watched this guy being interviewed, they wanted to protect him so they wanted to keep him. He couldn't get on television fast enough. The guy who shot Ashli Babbitt for no reason," Trump said. 

Trump called the officer an"out-of-control dope" and a "disgrace."

"He's so proud of himself. Let's see how he could do without the protections that he got. And by the way, if that happened the other way around they'd be calling 'let's bring back the electric chair,'" Trump added, referencing Demorates.

Lt. Michael Byrd, a 28-year-veteran of the force, revealed his identity in an interview with NBC News in August, months after the insurrection. 

Babbitt, who the night before the attack tweeted "Nothing will stop us. They can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours," was shot while trying to climb through a shattered window in front of the Speaker's Lobby.

Trump, however, went on to allege that the "real insurrection happened on Election Day" and alleged the FBI was behind the riot. 

"They never talk about that crowd. They talk about the people that walked down to the Capitol. They don't talk about the size of that crowd. I believe it was the largest crowd I've ever spoken [to] before and they were there to protest the election," Trump said. 

He added: "The fake news never talks about it. They never talk about it. Exactly how many of those present at the Capitol complex on January 6 were FBI confidential informants, agents, or otherwise directly or indirectly with an agency of the United States government. People want to hear this."  ANOTHER WHOPPER OF A LIE!!

Read the original article on Business Insider.

So Trump is upset that some nutty women he sent to the Capital to go "fight" got shot?!..LOL...maybe things got a little too "wild"?...just like he promised things would be that day..."wild"....he wasn't kidding! He didn't disappoint the blood thirsty crowd of Trumpers....just ask Ashli...and then he thows out another nutty conspiracy for his clowns to go chase?!?..LOL..and now the FBI was behind the insurrection?!?..MORE LIES/BULLSHIT.....😪...Trump is a danger to America!