Trump's world....

DBP66

If you don't think this guy is 110% bat shit crazy....you're part of his cult....

Trump claims presidents can declassify documents ‘even by thinking about it’

a6b7e16c507496a26f3a6cead68bd754

Brett Samuels
Wed, September 21, 2022 at 10:12 PM

Former President Trump in a new interview asserted presidents don’t have to go through a formal process to declassify sensitive documents and can do so “even by thinking about it.”

The former president’s comments came as he has repeatedly argued that he declassified secret and top-secret documents he took with him to his Florida home after leaving the White House in 2021 amid a Justice Department investigation into his handling of classified materials.

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. “If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.”

“There can be a process, but there doesn’t have to be. You’re the president. You make that decision. So when you send it, it’s declassified,” Trump added. “I declassified everything.”

Though presidents have broad power to declassify records, doing so sets off a chain of events, as the intelligence agencies that manage such records must take additional steps.

Trump and some of his allies have been insistent that the former president declassified all of the documents that he took with him upon leaving the White House. The FBI searched his Mar-a-Lago estate last month after a January search found dozens of classified, secret and top-secret documents.

Trump’s attorneys in a filing last week repeatedly noted that he had the power to declassify records but stopped short of saying he actually did so despite a month of the former president airing the excuse.

The Justice Department responded by pointing out that Trump’s legal team was insinuating, but not fully asserting, that Trump had declassified the documents.

Trump told Hannity that the General Services Administration (GSA) and other White House staff were involved in packing up boxes at the end of his term with pictures, newspaper articles and other materials.

The GSA, however, says its role in the transition phase for the outgoing president and vice president includes IT support, financial management, parking, furniture, vehicles, office equipment and administrative support.

“The GSA also works with the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), as necessary, to provide support to the former Presidents in the establishment and maintenance of their libraries,” the organization states on its website. “These services are only provided in the event of a change of Administration.”

I've been a registered Republican since 1979 but prior I was a Dem & changed mainly because of Carter.After Reagan beat Carter it was the 1st time that I voted for a reason (the economy & military strength).What surprised the shit out of me was the media (CBS,NBC &ABC) trashing Reagan every day.He's a dumb cowboy, a B actor bla bla bla but they never attacked his voters.I voted  Bush won,Bush lost,no vote,Bush won,Bush won,McCain lost,no vote.Never in all those years did I ever see the media going after  voters until Trump smoked Hillary & it's getting worse by the minute.I often wonder how my WWII father,father in law,uncles,aunts...would react if still alive being called a Nazi or fascist for voting for Trump.Did these lefty ass holes wait until WWII vets were all dead before they started that shit? 

17 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

I've been a registered Republican since 1979 but prior I was a Dem & changed mainly because of Carter.After Reagan beat Carter it was the 1st time that I voted for a reason (the economy & military strength).What surprised the shit out of me was the media (CBS,NBC &ABC) trashing Reagan every day.He's a dumb cowboy, a B actor bla bla bla but they never attacked his voters.I voted  Bush won,Bush lost,no vote,Bush won,Bush won,McCain lost,no vote.Never in all those years did I ever see the media going after  voters until Trump smoked Hillary & it's getting worse by the minute.I often wonder how my WWII father,father in law,uncles,aunts...would react if still alive being called a Nazi or fascist for voting for Trump.Did these lefty ass holes wait until WWII vets were all dead before they started that shit? 

What the fuck? There were no WW2 vets on the left? Lmfao. 

15 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

At people imitating the Germans? Yeah, definitely.

I just hope all the name calling shit stops on both sides.I've been called recently a boomer & a breeder by a 20+ yr old girl for simply asking her to move her car so I can open my car door to get in.I will bet you a million bucks she is a brainwashed lefty.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DBP66 said:

If you don't think this guy is 110% bat shit crazy....you're part of his cult....

Trump claims presidents can declassify documents ‘even by thinking about it’

a6b7e16c507496a26f3a6cead68bd754

Brett Samuels
Wed, September 21, 2022 at 10:12 PM

Former President Trump in a new interview asserted presidents don’t have to go through a formal process to declassify sensitive documents and can do so “even by thinking about it.”

The former president’s comments came as he has repeatedly argued that he declassified secret and top-secret documents he took with him to his Florida home after leaving the White House in 2021 amid a Justice Department investigation into his handling of classified materials.

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. “If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.”

“There can be a process, but there doesn’t have to be. You’re the president. You make that decision. So when you send it, it’s declassified,” Trump added. “I declassified everything.”

Though presidents have broad power to declassify records, doing so sets off a chain of events, as the intelligence agencies that manage such records must take additional steps.

Trump and some of his allies have been insistent that the former president declassified all of the documents that he took with him upon leaving the White House. The FBI searched his Mar-a-Lago estate last month after a January search found dozens of classified, secret and top-secret documents.

Trump’s attorneys in a filing last week repeatedly noted that he had the power to declassify records but stopped short of saying he actually did so despite a month of the former president airing the excuse.

The Justice Department responded by pointing out that Trump’s legal team was insinuating, but not fully asserting, that Trump had declassified the documents.

Trump told Hannity that the General Services Administration (GSA) and other White House staff were involved in packing up boxes at the end of his term with pictures, newspaper articles and other materials.

The GSA, however, says its role in the transition phase for the outgoing president and vice president includes IT support, financial management, parking, furniture, vehicles, office equipment and administrative support.

“The GSA also works with the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), as necessary, to provide support to the former Presidents in the establishment and maintenance of their libraries,” the organization states on its website. “These services are only provided in the event of a change of Administration.”

My wife just reminded me about a great thing Trump did years ago.The head of the little league baseball association in Brooklyn skipped town with $40,000 in the mid 80's.Little league was done until Trump got wind of it.The $40,000 was back & he also got Adidas to supply cleats & Wilson for bats & mitts.He also had all the fields resurfaced & dugouts added to 7 fields.Trump was constantly getting  awards from the black clergy & others from the black communities.Some of his best friends  are/were Chuck Schummer Jesse Jackson Ali Clintons ...The left have been  trying to destroy a good man that is better them  for years.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

My wife just reminded me about a great thing Trump did years ago.The head of the little league baseball association in Brooklyn skipped town with $40,000 in the mid 80's.Little league was done until Trump got wind of it.The $40,000 was back & he also got Adidas to supply cleats & Wilson for bats & mitts.He also had all the fields resurfaced & dugouts added to 7 fields.Trump was constantly getting  awards from the black clergy & others from the black communities.Some of his best friends  are/were Chuck Schummer Jesse Jackson Ali Clintons ...The left have been  trying to destroy a good man that is better them  for years.

good man??..he ripped off his own Charity!!..he bought a $30,000 painting of himself with charity money!!...they made him close the charity...he's a publicity whore that's why he got involved with the Little League (I bet he wrote that check off on his taxes)...nothing more...he made a living off of not paying contractors who worked for him...he had to refund his "students" who paid to attend "Trump University"...a BIG scam...he's a NY BS artist.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tommygun58 said:

I just hope all the name calling shit stops on both sides.I've been called recently a boomer & a breeder by a 20+ yr old girl for simply asking her to move her car so I can open my car door to get in.I will bet you a million bucks she is a brainwashed lefty.

You hope all the name calling stops but you bet she’s a brainwashed lefty? Interesting take there.

On 9/22/2022 at 3:59 AM, DBP66 said:

she didn't have to look hard to "find something"...he was ripping the state of NY and the Gov't off for years...like all rich people do...he got caught...you do the crime you do the time...you feel bad for a Millionaire who paid $700.00 if Federal taxes?!?..you're not too bright. $250 MILLION is a joke to you??..I wonder how funny Trump thinks it is....😉

Sorry...You got nothing. How can you have a civil case when there are no victims? The banks loaned him money, and he repaid the loans completely. There's no there there. A big nothing burger. Win or lose the election, this case will be dropped either way.

• Haha 1

Trump suffers legal setbacks in very bad week

David Knowles
David Knowles
·Senior Editor
Thu, September 22, 2022 at 4:27 PM

Donald Trump had a tough week — and it's only Thursday.

With the legal protections he enjoyed while president fading from view, Trump was reminded again and again that the risks from criminal and civil proceedings are greater than at any time since he stepped onto the golden escalator at Manhattan's Trump Tower in 2015 and declared himself a presidential candidate.

While Trump has spent much of his adult life embroiled in court cases, sometimes avoiding the worst consequences, the last week graphically illustrated that he now finds himself in serious legal jeopardy. He is widely expected to seek the GOP nomination again in 2024.

Last Thursday, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, who is investigating efforts by Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in Georgia, indicated that she has heard credible information that crimes were committed.

"The allegations are very serious. If indicted and convicted, people are facing prison sentences," Willis told the Washington Post.

Asked Thursday by Yahoo News' Daniel Klaidman whether those comments applied to Trump, Willis said that they did. Pressed on how some in the public might react to Trump being tried and possibly jailed over his role in the attempt to overturn the results in Georgia, she seemed surprised.

"A lot of people in society think that some people are above the law, right?" she said. "Well, that's a fundamental problem."

So far, at least 17 people in Trump's orbit have been notified that they are targets of Willis's criminal investigation. She told the Post that her team has not decided on whether it will seek Trump's testimony. But a key piece of evidence is Trump himself speaking: Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger's office recorded the president pressuring election officials to "find 11,780 votes" — the exact number needed to reverse his loss to Joe Biden in the battleground state.

In response to Willis's assessment that her investigation could potentially lead to convictions and jail time for at least some people involved, Trump lashed out on his personal social network site.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, flanked by three men and a woman wearing masks, speaks at a news conference in front of a seal saying: State of Georgia 1776.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis speaks at a news conference in Atlanta on May 11, 2021. (Reuters/Linda So)

"She is basing her potential claims on trying to find a tiny word or phrase (that isn't there) during an absolutely PERFECT phone call, concerning widespread Election Fraud in Georgia, with Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and many lawyers and other officials who were knowingly on the line, had no problems with the call, and didn't voice any objections or complaints about anything that I said on the call which could be construed as inappropriate," Trump wrote on Truth Social. "A strictly political Witch Hunt!"

Trump's legal issues are not confined to Georgia. The most high-profile ongoing investigation stems from the Justice Department's seizure of highly classified documents from Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in apparent violation of federal law.

The former president scored a short-lived legal victory last Thursday when a district judge he appointed, Aileen Cannon, ruled that the Justice Department could not continue scrutinizing the documents until a court-appointed special master had reviewed the more than 11,000 records in question to determine if any were shielded by executive or attorney-client privilege. The legal wrangling risked significantly slowing down the investigation.

But on Wednesday, a federal appeals court ruled that Cannon had erred in prohibiting the Justice Department from continuing with its investigation into the documents while the special master conducted his review. The three-judge panel of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, two of whom were appointed by Trump, unanimously stayed the portion of Cannon's much-criticized prior ruling.

In its ruling, the appeals court also scoffed at the arguments floated by Trump and his lawyers to explain why he had held on to the documents.

“[Trump] has not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents,” the panel said in its ruling. “Nor has he established that the current administration has waived that requirement for these documents."

A pastel drawing of Judge Raymond Dearie seated in court, raising both hands in the air in exasperation.

At a courtroom in New York, on Sept. 20, Judge Raymond Dearie holds his first public hearing since being appointed special master to review documents the FBI seized from Donald Trump's Florida home. (Reuters/Jane Rosenberg)

Key to Trump's legal strategy is his claim that he declassified the documents before storing them at his Florida home and country club.

But on Tuesday, Judge Raymond Dearie, whom Cannon had installed as special master, threw cold water on that assertion. At his first 40-minute hearing with lawyers for the former president and the government, Dearie repeatedly pressed Trump's legal team on their refusal to present evidence that Trump had in fact declassified any of the material clearly marked as highly sensitive.

“My view of it is: You can’t have your cake and eat it,” Dearie said, adding that he would finish with his review by the end of November.

On Monday, the New York Times also reported that a White House lawyer, Eric Herschmann, had informed Trump late last year that he faced possible legal consequences if he did not immediately return the documents he had taken to Mar-a-Lago.

Herschmann testified before the House Jan. 6 Select Committee about actions taken by Trump and his allies leading up to and following the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol. He has also been subpoenaed by the Justice Department in its own probe of the attack on the Capitol in 2021.

On Wednesday, New York Attorney General Letitia James announced that she was suing Trump and his three eldest children for business fraud, after a long-running investigation into how the Trump Organization allegedly inflated the value of real estate assets in order to obtain favorable loan rates and pay less in taxes.

Attorney General Letitia James, flanked by a woman and two men, at the microphone at a dais reading: State of New York, Attorney General.

New York Attorney General Letitia James at a press conference at her office in New York on Sept. 21, in New York. (Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images)

“I am announcing today that we are filing a lawsuit against Donald Trump for violating the law as part of his efforts to generate profits for himself, his family and his company,” James said at a news conference Wednesday. “The complaint demonstrates that Donald Trump falsely inflated his net worth by billions of dollars to unjustly enrich himself and to cheat the system, thereby cheating all of us.”

If James is able to prove her case in court, the results could be damaging for Trump's business empire. The lawsuit seeks $250 million in damages, the removal of Trump and his three children from their positions in the Trump Organization, the appointment of an independent monitor for five years to oversee the company's compliance with the law, a ban on the business's commercial real estate acquisitions for five years, and a permanent ban on Trump — and Don Jr., Eric and Ivanka Trump — from serving as officer or director of any New York corporation.

James also announced Wednesday that she would file a criminal referral to federal prosecutors and a tax fraud referral to the IRS. That could lead to yet another federal investigations that could result in criminal charges being filed. If he is convicted, Trump could face the possibility of jail time.

In response to the lawsuit, Trump attacked James, who is Black, by labeling her a racist.

“Another Witch Hunt by a racist Attorney General, Letitia James,” Trump wrote, adding that James was “a fraud who campaigned on a ‘get Trump’ platform, despite the fact that the city is one of the crime and murder disasters of the world under her watch!”

Former President Donald Trump is interviewed on Fox News on Sept. 21. (Fox News)

Former President Donald Trump is interviewed on Fox News on Sept. 21. (Fox News)

Trump ended Wednesday on Fox News, where he floated another novel explanation for his handling of the classified documents.

"You're the president of the United States," the former president told host Sean Hannity, "you can declassify just by saying, 'It's declassified' — even by thinking about it — because you're sending it to Mar-a-Lago or to wherever you're sending it, and there doesn't have to be a process. There can be a process, but there doesn't have to be."

A legal expert told Yahoo News that the argument makes no sense.

“It is not just nonsense; it is nonsense on stilts. It almost seems delusional,” said Paul Rosenzweig, a George Washington University law professor and former deputy assistant secretary for policy in the Department of Homeland Security.

“The entire point of a classification system is to tell people how to treat certain types of documents — that is, what precautions to take with respect to their handling,” Rosenzweig added. “A classification system where only the ex-President knows their true classifications in his heart is the very definition of absurdist anarchy.”

3 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Sorry...You got nothing. How can you have a civil case when there are no victims? The banks loaned him money, and he repaid the loans completely. There's no there there. A big nothing burger. Win or lose the election, this case will be dropped either way.

the victims are every American citizen....Trump has no rights to have Top Secret files...he's just an American citizen like you and I...his ex-Pres. status means nothing....nada...he's a thief who stole files he shouldn't have...and when given the chance to return them??...he lied to the Feds. and kept 20 boxes of info. he had NO rights to...in America we call that "stealing"....any idea what he was going to do with the stolen files??

Special Master Calls Out Lawyers On Trump's Claim That FBI 'Planted' Mar-A-Lago Records

Mary Papenfuss
Thu, September 22, 2022 at 8:08 PM

U.S. District Judge Raymond Dearie, who is acting as a special master in the Mar-a-Lago documents case, on Thursday demanded that Donald Trump’s lawyers substantiate another one of the former president’s claims: that the FBI “planted” records.

Dearie ordered Trump’s legal team to submit by Sept. 30 a list of of specific items in the Justice Department’s 11-page inventory of documents taken from the Mar-a-Lago resort — including top secret files — that “plaintiff asserts were not seized from the premises.” They must also submit a list of any items seized that were not on the inventory, the order states.

“This submission shall be Plaintiff’s final opportunity to raise any factual dispute as to the completeness and accuracy of the Detailed Property Inventory,” Dearie said.

Trump has claimed repeatedly that FBI agents “planted” records at Mar-a-Lago when they seized several boxes of documents last month at his private club and residence. The boxes had been stashed there by the former president when he left office in January 2021. “Planting information, anyone?” Trump asked on his Truth Social platform after records were confiscated, likely before he had seen the inventory list.

Yet Trump also said that he and members of his family watched on surveillance cameras as agents searched Mar-a-Lago and removed materials, raising the question of how the FBI could have secretly planted evidence at the same time. Two lawyers for Trump were also at Mar-a-Lago during the search, and one signed off on a list of boxes and “miscellaneous top secret documents” that were removed.

Trump’s lawyers have not claimed in any legal filings that evidence was planted. Nor have Trump’s lawyers claimed that any of the documents were declassified by the former president before they were taken from the White House — as Trump has insisted.

Only Trump’s staunch ally and former Pentagon official Kash Patel has publicly backed Trump’s claim that he had issued a “standing order” to declassify anything removed from the White House. Trump insisted in an interview Wednesday with Fox News host Sean Hannity that he didn’t need to follow any process to do so and had the power to declassify documents merely by “thinking about it.”

Dearie on Tuesday ordered Trump’s legal team to substantiate his claims that he had declassified any of the files he’d taken. Trump’s lawyers have not presented Trump position on that either in any legal filings.

Lawyers have argued that they don’t want to make a declassification case before an actual trial. But Dearie warned that if they won’t even assert records were declassified and the Justice Department demonstrates they were, then “as far as I’m concerned, that’s the end of it.”

He added: “You can’t have your cake and eat it.”

A special master was appointed at Trump’s request to review about 11,000 pages of documents to determine if any should be shielded by attorney-client or or executive privilege. Dearie’s name was submitted by Trump’s legal team.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit ruled Wednesday that the Justice Department can resume reviewing the seized classified records, blocking a portion of a stay issued earlier by U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon. The appeals court also prohibited Dearie from vetting the documents marked classified.

Cannon, whose decision in Trump’s favor protecting the records seized at Mar-a-Lago has been criticized by several legal experts, has amended her own order. It now states that material subject to a special master review no longer includes the “approximately one-hundred documents bearing classification markings.”

31 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

the victims are every American citizen....Trump has no rights to have Top Secret files...he's just an American citizen like you and I...his ex-Pres. status means nothing....nada...he's a thief who stole files he shouldn't have...and when given the chance to return them??...he lied to the Feds. and kept 20 boxes of info. he had NO rights to...in America we call that "stealing"....any idea what he was going to do with the stolen files??

Focus Doofas, that post was about the New York AG's civil nothing burger.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Focus Doofas, that post was about the New York AG's civil nothing burger.

LOL...my bad...just another "nothing burger"?...$250 million dollars later with criminal referrals and IRS referrals...and your boy ripped me off....I'm a tax paying N.Y.er...thanks for asking...did you send in your check for his lawyer fees??

3 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

I'm going to be interested to see how banks supposedly didn't do any due diligence before lending to The Donald.

No appraisal multi-million dollar loans.  🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, concha said:

I'm going to be interested to see how banks supposedly didn't do any due diligence before lending to The Donald.

No appraisal multi-million dollar loans.  🤣

yea..Mr. MBA...apparently, he had a lengthy "disclosure" telling banks they should not expect to get paid based on his history??...how does that work?...you tell the bank you're going to default before they give you the money??...and if you decide not to pay you say "I told you so"....🙄

23 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

yea..Mr. MBA...apparently, he had a lengthy "disclosure" telling banks they should not expect to get paid based on his history??...how does that work?...you tell the bank you're going to default before they give you the money??...and if you decide not to pay you say "I told you so"....🙄

If so, smart of him.

But you wouldn't know smart if it introduced itself and kicked you in your tiny balls.

You know what you say to someone who asks for money and says he won't pay you back or is offering fraudulently valued collateral? 

"No".

And if you do give the guy the money, then you do so knowingly and at your own risk.

It isn't rocket surgery complicated.

Except for you. Which shocks exactly no one.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, concha said:

If so, smart of him.

But you wouldn't know smart if it introduced itself and kicked you in your tiny balls.

You know what you say to someone who asks for money and says he won't pay you back or is offering fraudulently valued collateral? 

"No".

And if you do give the guy the money, then you do so knowingly and at your own risk.

It isn't rocket surgery complicated.

Except for you. Which shocks exactly no one.

well the case has nothing to do with loans...it has to do with him submitting false property values...numbers that weren't even close to the real value...he played the numbers up when he needed to and he played the numbers down when he wanted to....and he has long track record of doing this...his kids too....they learned well...N.Y. got em'....😉

8 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

well the case has nothing to do with loans...it has to do with him submitting false property values...numbers that weren't even close to the real value...he played the numbers up when he needed to and he played the numbers down when he wanted to....and he has long track record of doing this...his kids too....they learned well...N.Y. got em'....😉

Try to get something right for once in your pathetic life.

“With the help of Donald Jr., Eric, Ivanka, and other defendants, Trump variously unlawfully inflated and deflated his net worth by billions to obtain and satisfy loans, get insurance benefits, and pay lower taxes. In short, he lied to gain massive financial benefits for himself,” Letitia James said on Wednesday.

“We found that Trump, his family, and the Trump Org used fraudulent and misleading asset valuations over 200 times in 10 years on his annual financial statements. These statements were then used to obtain hundreds of millions of dollars in loans and insurance coverage,’ she added.

10 minutes ago, concha said:

Try to get something right for once in your pathetic life.

“With the help of Donald Jr., Eric, Ivanka, and other defendants, Trump variously unlawfully inflated and deflated his net worth by billions to obtain and satisfy loans, get insurance benefits, and pay lower taxes. In short, he lied to gain massive financial benefits for himself,” Letitia James said on Wednesday.

“We found that Trump, his family, and the Trump Org used fraudulent and misleading asset valuations over 200 times in 10 years on his annual financial statements. These statements were then used to obtain hundreds of millions of dollars in loans and insurance coverage,’ she added.

"inflated and deflated his net worth by billions".....by lying about property values..like I said Don...and why is he innocent?

And there are tens of millions of asshats who will rush to the polls and vote for his sorry ass again.

Americans have lost an average of $4,200 in annual income since Biden took office: Study lays bare how gains under Trump have been wiped out - while crippling inflation has sent prices surging

• Consumer prices have risen 12.7 percent since 2021, far outpacing wages
  • Experts at the Heritage Foundation believe this has cost Americans about $3,000 each in purchasing power
  • As the Fed pushes interest rates to a range of 3-3.25 percent, higher borrowing costs are squeezing Americans on mortgages, vehicle loans and credit cards
  • The $4,200 loss erases the $4,000 increase in annual earnings that occurred under the Trump administration 

• Like 1