Geico Participants

FootballGuy

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

They split sites between small schools and large schools. So small schools this week and large schools next week.

The did the same thing in 2019 but it worked out that there was an extra week before Christmas so the big schools could participate in the Geico Bowl.

I agree that if the state is going to participate in this event then they need to work out the dates better.

This year was rough with Christmas Eve falling on a Friday and Christmas on a Saturday. 2022 has the same weekday/calendar structure as 2016. They held both Geico games on Friday December 23 in 2016, so I'm guessing that things might work out better next year...

8 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

You don't wanna defend the honor of GA in getting revenge on Chaminade?

Nah I’m not a Buford fan (sorry BGW) we appreciate that lickin 🤙🏼 Besides the QB and RB (& others) for Chaminade played for the Miami Gardens Ravens youth teams I used to cover all the times at nationals so I support those kids!  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

It’s official now; matchups are set. 

Saturday, December 18th on ESPNU

Highland (AZ) vs Chaminade Madonna (FL)

Collins Hill (GA) vs Graham-Kapowsin (WA)

Hella lame  This line up sucks.  TX and Cali need to figure out how to be allowed to participate.  How can you have a tourney like this without the 2 best states participating?   UIL and CIF need to drop their skirts and allow their teams to participate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Hella lame  This line up sucks.  TX and Cali need to figure out how to be allowed to participate.  How can you have a tourney like this without the 2 best states participating?   UIL and CIF need to drop their skirts and allow their teams to participate. 

A greedy uil will never let it happen. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Highland is just terrible.

They will need an orgy of tomfoolery to beat Chaminade.

Or an *actual* orgy in Chaminade's hotel that renders the players physically incapable.

Florida and Georgia both have trouble with teams from Arizona. There's still time to delete this post because I would hate it if Highland went out there and beat Chaminade... 

• Haha 1