Geico Participants

FootballGuy

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

I too wasn't impressed with CM's offense in the 3A title matchup (21-0 0ver Berkeley Prep-Tampa). The soph QB looks athletic, but needs aging. Their "D" is loaded with D-1's.

If Chaminade's offense can't score at will, then they're in for a long night against Highland. The defense can keep them in the game for the most part, but they gotta be able to score. Highland can definitely win this game. Besides, Florida usually has trouble with AZ teams. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If Chaminade's offense can't score at will, then they're in for a long night against Highland. The defense can keep them in the game for the most part, but they gotta be able to score. Highland can definitely win this game. Besides, Florida usually has trouble with AZ teams. 

There have been only 2 games in history between the states and I don’t think those results will mean anything in the game. It’s all about matchups, coaching and execution. I feel this will be a close game because neither team has express dominance during the year against the better teams they faced. This isn’t like Marietta stomping that Washington team or SFA obliterating Bingham and Lee County. Those teams were dominant all year. This game will be competitive. 

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

There have been only 2 games in history between the states and I don’t think those results will mean anything in the game. It’s all about matchups, coaching and execution. I feel this will be a close game because neither team has express dominance during the year against the better teams they faced. This isn’t like Marietta stomping that Washington team or SFA obliterating Bingham and Lee County. Those teams were dominant all year. This game will be competitive. 

Agreed. BUT, is chaminade capable of going blow for blow with Highland? If not, then Highland will pull away late in the game. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RedZone said:

It's not getting any larger and not taking off like they thought it would.

They even held the event during the COVID year. It has two large corporations (ESPN and Geico) fully behind it.

You have no idea what they thought about it when they launched it.

They have a girls basketball event and a lacrosse event. You don't think football is sitting in the front seat?

29 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Highland is complete trash.

Chaminade will stifle their offense and just pound the running game.

Easy work.

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

Haha, I'm not exactly sure about the two teams you mention here. But, I actually am cautiously optimistic about this being a good matchup. I'm sometimes a sucker for teams that blow through their competition. These two teams have both done that and so seeing them clash will be of interest. If those more familiar with (not Tom) Collins Hill are correct and they are overrated, then I think the school from Washington may win the game. Let's face it, teams from western states not named California have won many-far more than expected, anyway- impressive OOS games vs. teams from power states.

Examples:

- STA winning competitive games vs. Bingham (it really was competitive if you consider the full game objectively) and St. Louis while getting shut out by a team from Peoria, AZ.

- Bishop Gorman's many wins and good showings

- Miami Northwestern getting blown out by Chandler

- Bellevue blowing out DLS to end the streak

- Bingham traveling to south Florida and playing unbeaten state champ Miami BTW close

There could be more I'm forgetting.  It seems likely teams from those states tend to be undersold and underrated. 

Bothell, WA gave a good fight to MC in FL. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting excerpt:

They contacted me last week and said they wanted to take the winner of the 6A, Open or both,” Larson said. “It all depended on matchups and who could commit. We’re all in on that because we have nothing to lose.

So it seems as if the other eligible geico teams (outside of florida and georgia) were a complete afterthought if they (geico) wanted to take both Arizona teams. Going forward, it looks like Georgia, Florida, Washington and Arizona will always have first dibs on the geico games. 

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

They even held the event during the COVID year. It has two large corporations (ESPN and Geico) fully behind it.

You have no idea what they thought about it when they launched it.

They have a girls basketball event and a lacrosse event. You don't think football is sitting in the front seat?

Remind me who the teams are this year in the Geico National Football Event?

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Exactly.

Which is why you think it will go away (and *want* it to).

If the Washington team was from Louisiana Finch would say they are complete garbage.....they don't don't even have a win over a Top 350 team this year. Finch was in the Texas thread saying Westlake doesn't own a win over a Top 100 team like they were garbage.

Get out of here with this.

1 Graham-Kapowsin (Graham, WA)   team preview   trend Washington 4A South Puget Sound 4A 14-0 9-0 (1st) 14-0 60.4 16.2 84-63
WINS: #356 Lake Stevens (WA) (44-7), #541 Kamiakin (Kennewick, WA) (42-0), #876 Sumner (WA) (41-14), #966 Bothell (WA) (41-25), #1588 Puyallup (WA) (34-3), #2954 Bellarmine Prep (Tacoma, WA) (41-0), #3340 Emerald Ridge (South Hill, WA) (35-0), #3375 Kentwood (Covington, WA) (49-7), #4072 Curtis (University Place, WA) (58-12), #5897 Bethel (Spanaway, WA) (45-0), #5979 Olympia (WA) (56-0), #7943 Rogers [Governor John R.] (Puyallup, WA) (48-0), #8269 Federal Way (WA) (63-6), #11288 South Kitsap (Port Orchard, WA) (54-0), LOSSES: none

11 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Exactly.

Which is why you think it will go away (and *want* it to).

This clown posted games between the 700th best Texas team and the 50th best Louisiana team next year. Also he was hyped about the 4th ranked Louisiana team squaring off against the 80th Texas team. 

but four teams all in the national top 100 who won state championships getting together to play on national TV seems like a sinking ship 🤡