Geico Participants

FootballGuy

On 12/14/2021 at 9:30 PM, badrouter said:

And I can't imagine anyone actually expecting Chandler to beat MNW 55-20. Not at that time, with MNW being a state champ, anyway. 

I don't get to pat myself on the back that often here now that I'm apparently a supporter of a 3-8 football team, but I actually did call Chandler routing MNW...

Screenshot_20211216-061836_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

Highland might as well be the 2021 poster child for why Arizona has an Open Division; they are an affluent community not short on resources that 20 years ago would have been the cream of the crop in the state. Which is to say they are not one of the open enrollment fueled monsters  that have taken over the state scene since 2003. Good team? Relatively speaking yes. But there's a reason why they went 0-3 in the games they played against squads laden with D1 recruits. Short of their Geico game turning into a brutal war of attrition where depth becomes a deciding factor (enrollment in excess of 3K) I think they are going to be exposed in a massive manner.

Fun fact #1 - Gilbert District schools had not won any sort of championship since 1985 prior to the implementation of the Open format here and played in just two title games during that time. Since then (2019), they have won three. 

Fun fact #2 - When Sammy the Bull was running an ecstasy ring out here at the turn of the century his "muscle" was provided by a white supremacist group based out of Highland (https://azdailysun.com/devil-dog-jailed-in-teen-beating-might-be-released-early/article_9c685b07-7b22-5a04-9dcc-722180421df9.html).

On 12/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, AztecPadre said:

Hella lame  This line up sucks.  TX and Cali need to figure out how to be allowed to participate.  How can you have a tourney like this without the 2 best states participating?   UIL and CIF need to drop their skirts and allow their teams to participate. 

Exposure tournaments…. Are exactly that. 

bgw

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2021 at 8:01 PM, Ga96 said:

If georgia did what cali 3 schools do in a yearly basis it would be 0 competition on the national level.

For all this chest thumping the trinity league does you would think they would have superstars all over the football landscape but in reality the only superstar is a kid recruited and transferred in. 

Let me know when any of these teams and coaches win with their actual kids.

And that superstar is the superstar. He would have been at Mater Dei earlier but he didn't want to sit behind JT Daniels, another superstar. JT Daniels is the undefeated Georgia quarterback. 

A Trinity League QB has the record for most yards in a debut and is undefeated as a starter, another is the first Alabama QB (and third Mater Dei player) to win the Heisman, and another holds the SEC single game passing record. At one point in 2019 there were five Trinity League quarterbacks on SEC teams and a sixth at Clemson. The only ones who weren't starting were a guy backing up Trevor Lawrence and another guy who won the Heisman last week. 

That's just QBs. Pay attention to the drafts the next few years. You won't have the same opinion after.

The top five teams in the Trinity League have 17 players in the NFL at this very moment by my count (and the flood hasn't even started). By comparison, the top five teams in the whole state of Georgia have five. And two of them are long snappers. Just sayin... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

It's absolutely going to be a ballgame. Maybe not worth giving up your Friday night for. But, if you're on the couch and figured it would be a blowout, I'd check it out.

Highland made it look easy in the 1st.  Chaminade settled down, but then just committed 2 or 3 penalties on one play.

Highland just scored again.

18 - 7 Highland

On 12/14/2021 at 3:59 PM, Atticus Finch said:

You usually struggle with context and this is no different.

People are claiming that Westlake is an all-time great team. Pointing out that they've played nobody is pretty relevant to that.

Nobody has even mentioned Graham-Kapowsin until just now. So there's no parity between the standards with which they are being judged.

I think they will lose to Collins Hill but they're an interesting team whereas Highland is a joke.

It would be a scream if Graham -Kapowsin put the cap and bonnet to Collins Hill and their delusional “Bring on Mater Dei” coach.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 9:07 PM, GoBigBlack said:

And that superstar is the superstar. He would have been at Mater Dei earlier but he didn't want to sit behind JT Daniels, another superstar. JT Daniels is the undefeated Georgia quarterback. 

A Trinity League QB has the record for most yards in a debut and is undefeated as a starter, another is the first Alabama QB (and third Mater Dei player) to win the Heisman, and another holds the SEC single game passing record. At one point in 2019 there were five Trinity League quarterbacks on SEC teams and a sixth at Clemson. The only ones who weren't starting were a guy backing up Trevor Lawrence and another guy who won the Heisman last week. 

That's just QBs. Pay attention to the drafts the next few years. You won't have the same opinion after.

The top five teams in the Trinity League have 17 players in the NFL at this very moment by my count (and the flood hasn't even started). By comparison, the top five teams in the whole state of Georgia have five. And two of them are long snappers. Just sayin... 

And those snappers are probably from Buford. 
Blake and Reid Ferguson. 

bgw