Graham-Kapowsin 40 Collins Hill 36 Final

OldTerrapin

The only nitpicking this grumpy old guy has is the recruiting (expert) announcer implying numerous times how the winner of Georgia 7A (Collins Hill) was comparable to winning the SEC. He sounded much like that big mouth coach. Also I like Dion, always have, and his steal of the super athlete Travis Hunter, but enough already. Both those nerds in the box heaped praise on the Jackson St coach and his new wonder kid like teenage girls with a schoolboy crush. They went on and on despite what was happening on the field...nevertheless it was a great game to watch !    

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

The only nitpicking this grumpy old guy has is the recruiting (expert) announcer implying numerous times how the winner of Georgia 7A (Collins Hill) was comparable to winning the SEC. He sounded much like that big mouth coach. Also I like Dion, always have, and his steal of the super athlete Travis Hunter, but enough already. Both those nerds in the box heaped praise on the Jackson St coach and his new wonder kid like teenage girls with a schoolboy crush. They went on and on despite what was happening on the field...nevertheless it was a great game to watch !    

They had 6 shutouts in GA. Held 10 opponents to single digits in GA.  WA Champ Hangs 40 on them.  While the announcer building up 7A all the while that Brotha QB was wearing their asses out.  That Hunter kid is a baller for sure.  They don't have Samoans in Ga 😄 on Friday nights apparently

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

They had 6 shutouts in GA. Held 10 opponents to single digits in GA.  WA Champ Hangs 40 on them.  While the announcer building up 7A all the while that Brotha QB was wearing their asses out.  That Hunter kid is a baller for sure.  They don't have Samoans in Ga 😄 on Friday nights apparently

Only 3 places with Samoans I can think of in Georgia... 

Gwinnett County- Specifically Duluth and Buford. 

Liberty County-  Fort Stewart and Hinesville-For some reason.... could have something to due with the huge ass Armory and Military Base.... alot of people moving in to Fort Stewart and Hinesville from Out west... Liberty County houses one of the largest armories and Army bases in the USA... 

And I had to Google it because I got curious but apparently... 

Columbia County- Southern Augusta and Martinez have a Samoan community....and a strong Samoan presence...???? News to me... I havent spent much time in that area... I know there's alot of Mormans in Martinez.....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

I think most people believed the Washington team was garbage.

Double edged sword right?

Collins Hill was a very good team and clearly the best team in Georgia. People talked about them because there are plenty of shameless Georgia homers on the board. 

I'm pretty sure we gave some Washington people on the board, but, due to idiots, these Washington people probably don't try to talk about their football teams. 

It's possible that the Washington team was pretty damned good, and the Georgia team wasn't as bad as folks want to make out. 

I do get that the Collins Hill coach is an idiot though, so, have at 'im. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Double edged sword right?

Collins Hill was a very good team and clearly the best team in Georgia. People talked about them because there are plenty of shameless Georgia homers on the board. 

I'm pretty sure we gave some Washington people on the board, but, due to idiots, these Washington people probably don't try to talk about their football teams. 

It's possible that the Washington team was pretty damned good, and the Georgia team wasn't as bad as folks want to make out. 

I do get that the Collins Hill coach is an idiot though, so, have at 'im. 

That Washington team, bullied Washington like only 2004 Bellevue has

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I think most people believed the Washington team was garbage.

Not me.

👇

On 12/14/2021 at 3:56 PM, Atticus Finch said:

Graham-Kapowsin, on the other hand, looks to have an excellently coached offensive line and a bunch of tough kids. The problem is that their skill players look Pop Warner level.

On 12/14/2021 at 3:59 PM, Atticus Finch said:

I think they will lose to Collins Hill but they're an interesting team whereas Highland is a joke.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

That Washington team, bullied Washington like only 2004 Bellevue has

I know. I don't get how this is some huge deal. Most Georgia posters agreed all season it's a down year in Georgia. Coaching and talent-wise. 

GK was clearly very good. 

Had any Washington person tried to talk on here about them, they'd have been laughed off the board for some varying reasons. Probably by a certain couple of posters. 

• Like 1

Just now, RedZone said:

Ii think he's probably like a lot of coaches today.......he wants the fame, glory and recognition. It got the best of him!

A good number of the coaches are ego driven. I think that drive makes them a better coach in some ways but ultimately a worse person. 

It definitely got the best of him. I like instant karma. 

• Haha 1