Graham-Kapowsin 40 Collins Hill 36 Final

OldTerrapin

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What did Milton gain this season from scheduling the way some California weirdy and some Jersey Shyster want them to? 

Quantify. 

They lost to the team that lost to GK yesterday either way. 

They spent whatever dollar amounts to "schedule up" and are still pumping up basketballs before Collins Hill who did none of it. 

Outside of lining the pockets of some shady promoter or making some lazy ass pollsters job easier, I don't see a lot of value. 

Define “Value”.

SJB vs MC = Value

IMG vs SFA = Value

MD vs IMG and SFA = value

CH vs Something Kapowsin = VALUE

Milton vs SJP = value

DLS vs Trinity = value

STA vs SJB = value

STA vs DBP = value

etc etc etc

To my previous point regarding your attitude. Anyone who disputes the value of the above listed games would be better served bloviating on the local boards about  the pros and cons of the CH bs Peachtree ridge game 

• Like 1

I have no problem with teams traveling and playing. Should only be one maybe two games IMO and it should be kept in perspective. The whole idea these teams represent a whole state is ridiculous or it being done to chase some fake national championship is absurd. That shit breeds corruption, cheating and all shorts of crap not needed in high school sports. Then you got the greedy fuckers looking to profit off these kids..Now with NIL there will be a whole new level of shake down shady street agents..

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OldTerrapin said:

I have no problem with teams traveling and playing. Should only be one maybe two games IMO and it should be kept in perspective. The whole idea these teams represent a whole state is ridiculous or it being done to chase some fake national championship is absurd. That shit breeds corruption, cheating and all shorts of crap not needed in high school sports. Then you got the greedy fuckers looking to profit off these kids..Now with NIL there will be a whole new level shake down shady street agents..

Most teams can vett themselves better with quality pre league in state games.   It is not reasonable to expect HS teams to be taking plane trips.

My point is mainly about highly ranked teams seeking better games within reasonable driving distance. I can point to dozens of examples where high ranked teams avoid anyone = or better

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Some people think the traveling experience is good enough as well. Milton going to Philly most likely had some sight seeing and learning experiences attached to the itinerary. 

That’s cool and all if the teams are evenly matched. But when you schedule a juggernaut and get crushed the lesson gets lost. You basically took an ass stomping in exchange for sight seeing. I don’t agree with that. 

Maybe you need to go back to the local boards too? 

I was told a moment ago that you should schedule up to be vetted nationally by someone. 

Here you are telling me we should schedule for sight seeing excursions. 

Lol

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe you need to go back to the local boards too? 

I was told a moment ago that you should schedule up to be vetted nationally by someone. 

Lol

I think it’s cool when top national teams hook up. I don’t think it’s a prerequisite for anything. It’s not mandatory, just Interesting to talk about and follow. OOS games are only good when the teams are even. Wasted blowouts need not apply. From a fan standpoint they are just a bonus from what you are already used to. But they are not a requirement for anything in my book 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I mentioned NOLA Holy Cross traveling to play San Antonio Holy Cross next year in a home/home series and blockhead813 shit on himself. I can post the thread.

I brought up the Alamo and how cool San Antonio was and how the San Antonio kids get to check out the best of NOLA, eat some different food> whatnot.

All blockhead813 did was shit on the teams.

You can't moderate "NATIONALS", Hawg........forget about it. lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Teams with 5* guys and Top rated players should schedule up.

Fortunately more and more relevant teams are seeking out competition at similar or higher Tiers.

This is how the teams vett themselves.

Milton does it.  

Most teams are not from large, private schools in the wealthiest parts of the world. It's not fiscally responsible to play OOS games. Further, the evidence in favor of having to play teams from other states in order to have a strong strength of schedule is not nearly as abundant as many think.

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

Most teams are not from large, private schools in the wealthiest parts of the world. It's not fiscally responsible to play OOS games. Further, the evidence in favor of having to play teams from other states in order to have a strong strength of schedule is not nearly as abundant as many think.

In you haste to jump on my post, you posted this comeback before taking the time to read my follow up post.  It's ok.  We'll give you time to go back and read the rest of the thread and then edit this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I mentioned NOLA Holy Cross traveling to play San Antonio Holy Cross next year in a home/home series and blockhead813 shit on himself. I can post the thread.

I brought up the Alamo and how cool San Antonio was and how the San Antonio kids get to check out the best of NOLA, eat some different food> whatnot.

All blockhead813 did was shit on the teams.

You can't moderate "NATIONALS", Hawg........forget about it. lol

You posted about a Louisiana team playing the 700th best Texas team. That’s garbage. Going to the Alamo won’t change that