How embarrassing is it NO ONE on this FORUM had ever heard of Graham-Kapowsin?

RedZone

28 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I mean look at this trash.

#13 Cathedral

#28 Orange Lutheran

There's just no justification for this which is why the California homers don't even dare touch it.

Oh no you insulted a Trinity League team... 

Don't you know the TL bottom feeders only suck because they play in the TL... 

If they played in GA,FL,TX,OH,NJ or DC they'd be the best team in those areas... 

How dare you... 

Sammy won't stand for this blasphemy... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is usually the extent of the response from these homers.

But never a compelling case for as to how these overrated teams are actually really good.

OLU went 10-5

1-4 in region play... 

In 95% of states they wouldn't of ever made the playoffs with a 1-4 league record... 

But hell California let's 3-7 teams with no region/league wins in the playoffs... 

You know what this tells me... 

California... 

No more in particular... 

Socal only has 3 teams that pull their weight... 

MD,Cen10 and SJB... 

Everyone else gets the benefit of a doubt... 

Oh and let's not forget Servite for once did more than ride the hype of MD and SJB... FOR ONCE! 

Which has been my opinion all along... 

Norcal is hard to Pinpoint to be honest....it's a wildcard... 

On 12/21/2021 at 4:24 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

I agree.  Venice sounds like the Folsom of Florida

Venice was better Austin Westlake, and better than any team in California outside of MD and SJB. In Florida, only STA would be a clear favorite against them, and only a handful of teams could beat them. This was their best ever team according to everyone familiar with the program, as well as based on their schedule. The 56-34 win over MNW in Miami makes perfect sense given the rest of the games on the teams' schedules, despite not being reflected in the official record. Venice is more like a fast-paced, passing oriented version of DLS in Florida. Turns out the 2021 team had an uptick in talent, and was nothing to eff with. They would put a running clock on Folsom in the 1st half.

On 12/23/2021 at 7:04 AM, golfaddict1 said:

I had a good feeling about the Jesuit game vs MNW.   They struggled in the final, but the cream rises to the top and they finished with a nice comeback and title. 

FL had a very interesting season at the top.  A handful of teams (maybe 6?) in a poll would probably get votes and if IMG was included, my guess they wouldn’t have the most votes.  

Crazy to see how IMG rates in FL and that Venice is on top (imho, I get why but I disagree with the notion of Venice resume being a number 1 without the sweet spot of beating teams they should that are somehow rated in the 100-200 range with a helping of playoff boost).  

Venice shouldn't be #1 in the state, that should be STA and then Jesuit has to be right there. But, I do think the STA crowd will always underrate Venice. Everyone around the program felt it was their best team, with by far their best defensive front. STA would beat them again, but it would be tougher than 2020, and that game was much tougher than the score indicated. STA would beat them about 28-17 this year.

19 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Venice was better Austin Westlake, and better than any team in California outside of MD and SJB. In Florida, only STA would be a clear favorite against them, and only a handful of teams could beat them. This was their best ever team according to everyone familiar with the program, as well as based on their schedule. The 56-34 win over MNW in Miami makes perfect sense given the rest of the games on the teams' schedules, despite not being reflected in the official record. Venice is more like a fast-paced, passing oriented version of DLS in Florida. Turns out the 2021 team had an uptick in talent, and was nothing to eff with. They would put a running clock on Folsom in the 1st half.

No, they weren't.  Venice was Collins Hill and a bit below them IMO. Mediocre offensive line and a weak back 7 on defense. They'd fit right in with Hamilton,  Chandler,  and Saguaro.

On 12/26/2021 at 3:19 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

OLU went 10-5

1-4 in region play... 

In 95% of states they wouldn't of ever made the playoffs with a 1-4 league record... 

But hell California let's 3-7 teams with no region/league wins in the playoffs... 

You know what this tells me... 

California... 

No more in particular... 

Socal only has 3 teams that pull their weight... 

MD,Cen10 and SJB... 

Everyone else gets the benefit of a doubt... 

Oh and let's not forget Servite for once did more than ride the hype of MD and SJB... FOR ONCE! 

Which has been my opinion all along... 

Norcal is hard to Pinpoint to be honest....it's a wildcard... 

Collins Hill would on average come in 5th place in the Trinity Leauge.  Take any 10 year span this century.

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Collins Hill would on average come in 5th place in the Trinity Leauge.  Take any 10 year span this century.

And how many times have you seen me chest thump CH? 

How many times have you seen me push CH to be more than what they are? 

How many times have you seen me call a poll lazy because they didn't have CH put where I thought they should be at? 

How many times have you seen me make any excuse for CH?

How many times have I said CH would be a top team in (insert state) 

I'll wait... 

On 12/26/2021 at 6:33 PM, badrouter said:

Venice shouldn't be #1 in the state, that should be STA and then Jesuit has to be right there. But, I do think the STA crowd will always underrate Venice. Everyone around the program felt it was their best team, with by far their best defensive front. STA would beat them again, but it would be tougher than 2020, and that game was much tougher than the score indicated. STA would beat them about 28-17 this year.

On 12/27/2021 at 4:26 AM, steeler01 said:

Cocoa and Cardinal Gibbons are 50/50 games with them but they're underrated and some Goliath. Cmon man

Peacock and Venice are not on my Christmas Card list, but @steeler01 listed a main point in my post you replied to.  

Gibbons 2-0 vs Venice and Cocoa, including a road win at Venice.  
Venice 1-1 vs Cocoa and Gibbons.  Missed PAT in Cocoa game… not exactly separation at the upper tier of opponents.  

Gibbons went 0-2 vs STA and AHP.  
Venice at best imo goes 1-1 and who knows, maybe 1-3 vs the 4 schools.  AHP wasn’t a pushover, but their season was a disappointment overall, considering their preseason hype with roster on paper and losing to Hallandale Central in the playoffs.  😉 (MC).  

14 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Peacock and Venice are not on my Christmas Card list, but @steeler01 listed a main point in my post you replied to.  

Venice 1-1 vs Cocoa and Gibbons.  Missed PAT in Cocoa game… not exactly separation at the upper tier of opponents.  

Venice at best imo goes 1-1 and who knows, maybe 1-3 vs the 4 schools.  AHP wasn’t a pushover, but their season was a disappointment overall, considering their preseason hype with roster on paper and losing to Hallandale Central in the playoffs.  😉 (MC).  

Venice seemed in control of the Cocoa game for most of it, with Cocoa sneaking back in it later. Venice was driving as they ran the clock out, they could have punched one more score in late.

Congratulations to CG on the win at Venice. But, once again, STA appears to be the only team in the state that would have beaten them decisively, and I'm not arguing Venice would beat STA. The CG-Venice game featured an unusual number of penalties on both teams, but this disfavors Venice because they play extremely fast and almost always get several cheap plays to go their way as a result. If play is stopped to discuss and assess penalties, they lost that speed/rhythm.  (Holy fuck, I just spelled rhythm correctly the first time without autocorrect!) 

The only way to argue for AHP is to bring up teams from previous seasons. In other words, not the 2021 teams. You'd have to argue that the 2020 win for AHP at Venice means we know the same would happen in 2021. Which is cool for me because Lakeland beat STA the last time they played, so surely we know what would happen if they played in 2021, right?

If Venice was better than any other team, anywhere else in the state, except for the top 2 or 3 teams in the most powerful county in the state, that's something much different from the picture often painted by you guys. Precious few teams could beat MNW by three TDs at Traz; Columbus by 4 TDs in the playoffs; running clock on Edgewater and 8A title win by 4 TDs. Any team doing all of that in the same season is among the elite in the state.

30 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Venice is not a top 5 team in the state by any rational, subjective standard.

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Cardinal Gibbons

STA

American Heritage

Chaminade-Madonna

Central

- can't argue. (though it was one game, on a Saturday after being rescheduled, and a 1-score game. You appear very receptive to the idea that a single game, played under unordinary circumstances, and only decided by one score isn't an end-all, be-all.)

- no argument.

- They're 6-4, with two of those wins over something called Boynton Beach.  Laughable. You offer no rationale, whatsoever. We're left to speculate how you decide a 6-4 team is top 5 in the state. Because 6-4 teams that lose to Treasure Coast and then by two touchdowns- it was 27-7 with two minutes left in the game- to a Jacksonville TCA team that played a freshman QB usually aren't afforded a spot anywhere near the top 5. So, if I try to guess where you're coming up with this, I can only figure you're confusing 2021 teams with teams from previous seasons, or you're pulling a daisy chain with Cardinal Gibbons being the link.

- Again, no rationale offered. Only one common opponent for Venice and CM, Columbus. CM trailed Columbus at the half, led 24-17 after 3, and won 33-17. Venice put a running clock on Columbus, rushing for 346 yards and giving up zero points until a garbage time score with the running clock in effect. What, in that one common opponent, suggests CM is definitively better than Venice? 🤡

- No rationale offered. Only one common opponent, MNW, and Venice's result - 56-34 win at Traz - amounts to an average of Central's two results (24-21; 49-6). Central dropped both of its OOS games, and then had an embarrassingly easy playoff run. 

So, I'll give you two. Not the other three. Are you conceding that Jesuit is not definitively better than Venice?   

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

- can't argue. (though it was one game, on a Saturday after being rescheduled, and a 1-score game. You appear very receptive to the idea that a single game, played under unordinary circumstances, and only decided by one score isn't an end-all, be-all.)

Venice was at home.

And a cancelation from September played later in the season, with a week to prepare as normal, is not unusual.