How embarrassing is it NO ONE on this FORUM had ever heard of Graham-Kapowsin?

RedZone

My explanation on the average opponent rating and SoS requires you having more information. I will provide that information after you explain the unfair bias in the ratings. But since you're acting like a 12-year-old girl, I guess I'll have to bend to your demands and lie to you - I was wrong (and I'll explain why that is a lie after numbnuts here shows the "bias")

But, if there's no bias in the rating anyway, why would it even matter if I was wrong about the SoS? You're saying the engine of a Ferrari is trash because someone didn't know the correct size of the bolts that secure the O2 sensor to the air intake. Either way, you're retarded.

4 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

My explanation on the average opponent rating and SoS requires you having more information. I will provide that information after you explain the unfair bias in the ratings. But since you're acting like a 12-year-old girl, I guess I'll have to bend to your demands and lie to you - I was wrong (and I'll explain why that is a lie after numbnuts here shows the "bias")

What a pussy.

Jesus.

Just now, GoBigBlack said:

If anyone wants to know what I'm talking about with the SoS calculation and why it requires more information to understand why this dipshit is so stupid to compare SFA, go ahead and shoot me a PM and I'll gladly explain it to you. I'm not catering to this weenie.

This is the most elaborate dodge in board history.

Dude got absolutely shellacked on a simple concept and now he's flailing to try to pivot away from his embarrassment.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

I was wrong. Go.

Thank you.

There are three easily identifiable human biases that Ned Freeman has included in his ratings.

#1) A 1-loss team that loses to an undefeated team will remain .2 points behind them until the undefeated team loses. The most famous case this year is 15-0 Tampa Jesuit being .2 ahead of 14-1 St. Thomas Aquinas from the moment the game ended on September 3rd until this very day.

The ratings are generally an average of the bolded results.

So, otherwise, if the ratings were without this human bias STA would have a rating of around 70 (17th or so) and Tampa Jesuit would have a rating around 60 (63rd or so)

But with it?

Jesuit: 69.7 (19th)

STA: 69.5 (20th)

Clear human bias being used to make results come out a certain way.

• Like 1

#2) The ratings adjustments made after each result are given a floor of 15 points and ceiling of 31 points.

So, in other words, a 1-point win is worth +15 points.

This is a completely fabricated bullshit number conjured up by Ned Freeman. He thinks, personally, that a 1-point win is not similar to a 1-point loss. So he adjust the number by some arbitrary number to make it come out a certain way.

Clear human bias that affects the ratings.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

#3) Playoff games are more heavily weighted than regular season games.

Ned opens his explanation by saying "As you'd imagine...." because he thinks this is just obvious.

But the point of a rating is to order the teams based on strength and not reward them for championship runs. There's no logic whatever that dictates that playoff games are more valuable in determining a team's strength than a regular season game.

This is clearly a human bias that affects the ratings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

In the meantime... which one of those "biases" is giving an advantage to California teams? 

It's clustering.

The SoCal teams all play each other and, therefore, there's more connectivity.

This is partly do to the league system that exists in California. Like schools cluster with each other while in other states there are districts which are involuntary. 

The open playoffs and bowl system also contribute since a crappy team like Orange Lutheran is given a weak playoff bracket to rack up extra playoff points which leads to further connectivity (See, Cathedral being #5 and "shock!" them being connected to the Trinity League through Orange Lutheran).

And since each win is worth a minimum of 15 points (and a maximum of 31 points) the floor and ceiling are both raised simultaneously. 

• Like 1