Coaching

Ga96

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m sure any CC poster would tell you it was like going to Disney with rush, but I don’t know.

Winning is fun

We won with Justin too. Just over a different level of team where they hype wasnt the same. 

Remember our hype videos when Rush was here? Those became highlight videos with Justin. There simply was no hype. People were afraid to try to hype it. It didn't fit his personality or seem like what his goal was really. He set that himself when he said, we're going to draw back and play in state powers instead of oos hype. 

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We won with Justin too. Just over a different level of team where they hype wasnt the same. 

Remember our hype videos when Rush was here? Those became highlight videos with Justin. There simply was no hype. People were afraid to try to hype it. It didn't fit his personality or seem like what his goal was really. He set that himself when he said, we're going to draw back and play in state powers instead of oos hype. 

in other word no "livin'"

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That was stuff like Rush did. God forbid we jump in the corvette and mash the gas.

In Justin's year one: Lets pull the splitter off the front. Lets lose the ground effects and downforce. 

Then year two was... I rember Colquitt had some big kids on the lines. Where are they?

Year three: We have a lot of new faces in new places this year. 

That gentlemen is how the decline went in real time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And you didn't play too many of those either... 

I hope the next HC picks back up where Rush left off

38 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Well tbh... from a purely schedule standpoint he didn't make bad in state schedules.... 

But he didn't bring the Boom like Rush did 

All around  Rogers just wasn't the fit for Colquitt...

Rogers was a gap fill, three amigos were hellbent on being malignant through the media and getting Rush out IMO.

Some much for educator role modeling. 

bgw

ps I have a 6 month old Verizon 12 pro paid cash for looking try either the Pixel or Samsung, what do you think with the current promotions on a unlimited plan. Thx.

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Well tbh... from a purely schedule standpoint he didn't make bad in state schedules.... 

But he didn't bring the Boom like Rush did 

All around  Rogers just wasn't the fit for Colquitt...

For some reason all the kids wouldn't buy in. When you have kids that would be senior starters at key defensive positions just quitting because it isn't fun anymore, or they can't find enough joy in it to put in the work, thats a real problem. We kind of saw the kids that stayed on and played kinda give up too at times. 

When we asked some position coaches about that, we were told the kids were just ready for it to be over. Specifically speaking to the Lowndes game. 

That made me mad at the particular position coach also, because it was his job to coach em up where they wanted to play right? Somehow he got assistant coach of the year accolades anyway. Lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

For some reason all the kids wouldn't buy in. When you have kids that would be senior starters at key defensive positions just quitting because it isn't fun anymore, or they can't find enough joy in it to put in the work, thats a real problem. We kind of saw the kids that stayed on and played kinda give up too at times. 

When we asked some poaition coaches about that, we were told the kids were just ready for it to be over. Specifically speaking to the Lowndes game. 

That made me mad at the particular position voach also, because it was his job to coach em up where they wanted to play right? Somehow he got assisstant coach pf the year accolades anyway. Lol

Damn! Just hired hands collecting checks seems like. 

bgw

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Rogers was a gap fill, three amigos were hellbent on being malignant through the media and getting Rush out IMO.

bgw

ps I have a 6 month old Verizon 12 pro paid cash for looking try either the Pixel or Samsung, what do you think with the current promotions on a unlimited plan. Thx.

Im planning on trying the pixel next

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When we asked some poaition coaches about that, we were told the kids were just ready for it to be over. Specifically speaking to the Lowndes game. 

That made me mad at the particular position voach also, because it was his job to coach em up where they wanted to play right? Somehow he got assisstant coach pf the year accolades anyway. Lol

Man go look at that list again they put 2 Lowndes assistants on there and one was the offensive line coach.

At this point they are just giving out awards to their friends. Jacurri had been running for his life the last 2 years but somehow the offensive line coach was awarded.

FG6pmfgX0Ac-Ee8.jpeg

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

Right now... 

Pixel 6 is more fun

The Galaxy S's are still more powerful from a Processing point.... 

And while Pixels ain't nothing to scoff at (At all) the Galaxy has just gotten too Powerful... 

But you can't go wrong with either option... 

If you want a fun camera experience though go Pixel 6.... 

It's a fun phone

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Damn! Just hired hands collecting checks seems like. 

bgw

That particular coach has been here forever. Lol 

He dances on the sidelines while we are whipping roody poos. He tells us the kids were just ready for it to be over. He gets assistant coach of the year awards from some outside entity. 

Lol. 

I actually like the guy, but, I don't feel like we've hardly ever been good at his position group if the kids weren't naturals at the position. One of the quitters I talked to recently was from his position group. Not blaming him just pointing out that. We saw his position group fail at tackling. Etc. 

Assistant of the year though. 

I wonder how terrible all the other teams mustve been in that dept for him to garner that accolade?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That particular coach has been here forever. Lol 

He dances on the sidelines while we are whipping roody poos. He tells us the kids were just ready for it to be over. He gets assistant coach of the year awards from some outside entity. 

Lol. 

I actually like the guy, but, I don't feel like we've hardly ever been good at his position group if the kids weren't naturals at the position. One of the quitters I talked to recently was from his position group. Not blaming him just pointing out that. We saw his position group fail at tackling. Etc. 

Assistant of the year though. 

I wonder how terrible all the other teams mustve been in that dept for him to garner that accolade?

This year as a whole was a Hot mess for 7A...

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This year as a whole was a Hot mess for 7A...

Not really, just not the usual suspects were in their normal power levels. We were down over all at the top though. It happens. 

Colquitt had a lot of issues with coaching which caused the kids we needed to have decided they'd rather be stocking shelves somewhere than playing ball. They didn't see a future in football under the current staff nor were they enjoying the sport anymore so they went to work rather than work at what felt like a job with no pay. 

Collins Hill was a really good team, but, their coaches never been there before and suffered foot in mouth disease which was oddly satisfying to me. 

Milton was solid again but not on the level of CH. Mill Creek was also pretty solid. 

I do agree with the Collins Hill coaches about the let down emotionally after having just won a state title when they haven't before. However, those same coaches are the ones that were talking all that shit on twitter before the game. 

Overall I'd still take Collins Hill and Milton over Buford. Maybe even Mill Creek over them. 

The good thing is, we'll find out this next alignment cycle on Buford. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not really, just not the usual suspects were in their normal power levels. We were down over all at the top though. It happens. 

Colquitt had a lot of issues with coaching which caused the kids we needed to have decided they'd rather be stocking shelves somewhere than playing ball. They didn't see a future in football under the current staff nor were they enjoying the sport anymore so they went to work rather than work at what felt like a job with no pay. 

Collins Hill was a really good team, but, their coaches never been there before and suffered foot in mouth disease which was oddly satisfying to me. 

Milton was solid again but not on the level of CH. Mill Creek was also pretty solid. 

I do agree with the Collins Hill coaches about the let down emotionally after having just won a state title when they haven't before. However, those same coaches are the ones that were talking all that shit on twitter before the game. 

Overall I'd still take Collins Hill and Milton over Buford. Maybe even Mill Creek over them. 

Milton down to 6A thought right ?

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yea Milton got dropped to 6A... 

Alpharetta HS is the only 7A school in Alpharetta now... 

Milton

Cambridge and Chattahoochee will be 6A

🤦‍♂️

This takes like 5 seconds to look up.

Milton is 7A

Roswell and Alpharetta are 6A

Cambridge and Chattahoochee are 5A

https://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/reclassification/Region_Alignment_for_2022-2024.pdf

• Haha 2

Justin Rogers=Charlene Wells

Rush Propst=Vanessa Williams

For us older cats, Vanessa was Miss American the early 80s. Sweet brown sugar! Lawdy! Beautiful and talented. But Vanessa posed nude with another chick for some magazine and it got out there. The powers that be weren’t having somebody posing for skin mags being Miss America, so they too the crown. 

The next year they voted for Charlene Wells. Pretty and talented, but also a Mormon from Utah and as milky white as a girl could get. Wholesome. No trouble. A perfect representative after the “stench” brought by Williams. nothing wrong with CW, she just wasn’t her predecessor. Good and bad. 

Perfect analogy! 

you’re welcome 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And find out you will. ~ Yodabgw

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Any rumors in the mill yet?

Tight lipped bunch around Moultrie right now. 

I was told that we will hire the best and most qualified applicant, but, no word on who has applied so far. 

Apparently there is three people involved directly in the reviewing process and they haven't been talking to anyone I know... And that covers a lot of people.