Graham-Kapowsin further demonstrates the "Mythical" in MNC

badrouter

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

While I would agree they are top 25 this year nothing is factual about any team unless determined on the field against other supposed top teams.Since that is impossible it can’t proven factual.Since Georgia top team lost to Washington top team who’s to say that Washington doesn’t have better football than Georgia.

Fair enough. I think if we can all agree there is nothing factual about any of these rankings, that would be good enough.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

The OP’s post is the exact opposite to what you constantly spew. You either didn’t read it or are too dumb to comprehend it. 

None of us had ever heard of them, and they had beaten nobody with any sort of ranking. -Valid

But, they destroyed everyone they played. Turns out, being an undefeated, unchallenged state champion can mean you're pretty damn good, whether anyone else realizes it or not. - Valid in this case but not all.

I think there are a few Graham-Kapowsins throughout the country most years. And that is the correct way to interpret their win, not just to laugh at Collins Hill. - Valid about the first sentence.  We can and should still laugh at CH

We can't possibly know all there is to know about all of the teams throughout the country. - Valid

And, contrary to common belief, a team doesn't have to schedule Mater Dei or St. John Bosco to be really good. GK should be top 15 in the country at worst. - Valid for the first sentence, but to be Top 15 imo a team needs to beat a Top 15 team.

Parts of this are valid.  That is why I liked it.

It was a well thought out and well written post.

PS. Who appointed you "like" monitor?

14 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

But, they destroyed everyone they played. Turns out, being an undefeated, unchallenged state champion can mean you're pretty damn good, whether anyone else realizes it or not. - Valid in this case but not all.

Only when the team doesn’t start with an F or rhyme with wholesome you mean. 

17 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

PS. Who appointed you "like" monitor

I actually thought OP’s post was taking a shot at you and was surprised to see you like it. 

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I would be surprised if these polls consistently consider the maturity of the coaching staffs.  If polls are meant to be a true reflection of one team being able to beat another on a given night, it assumes one team will have to travel to play another.  Since most high school teams don't routinely travel long distances to play, it can be a big stressor/distraction for the kids, and the ability of a coaching staff to keep the kids focused (especially in a place like Las Vegas) is paramount.  Some of these kids may have never traveled on a plane or even 100 miles down the road.  In that sense, the maturity of a coaching staff can play a huge factor in terms of preparing a hs team for a long-distance game.  

The coach at G-K has been there since the school opened its doors and has had 17 years to build a program.  He has approximately 250 career wins and he had them winning pretty much right out of the gate...something that can be very difficult to do at a brand new school.  The coach at CH has 7 total years of hc experience.  I would say at the very least the 2 coaches at CH publicly talking smack before the game are very immature and not necessarily the level of maturity best for kids making a cross-country trip.  Am not saying the coaching staff at G-K is better overall.  MY point is...did anyone consider that when guessing who would win?

The G-K coach did an excellent job of preparing a team with limited high-tier talent and appeared to have the kids believing in themselves until the last second.  That combined with some gritty kids made for a great combination.  The Seattle area has a relatively large population of Samoans and G-K had a number of Samoan kids on their roster, including that bruising fb.  As much as folks fight over FL, CA and TX being the best for talent, nobody comes close to US Samoa in terms of NFL talent per capita.  Go there and see the kids play and you'll see why.     

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

1. MD

2. Westlake

3. Northshore

4. Servite

5.SJB

6.Cen10

Pretty lazy.  But at least you put it out there. 

You must have read the lazy poll tutorial.

1.  Undefeated Trinity League with relevant OOS win

2. Undefeated IMG or Undefeated  Texas 6a champ 

3.  Other bracket Texas 6a champ 

4.  Political pick depending on who you want to piss if for pacify.

5-20. Same rule as #4

19 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Pretty lazy.  But at least you put it out there. 

You must have read the lazy poll tutorial.

1.  Undefeated Trinity League with relevant OOS win

2. Undefeated IMG or Undefeated  Texas 6a champ 

3.  Other bracket Texas 6a champ 

4.  Political pick depending on who you want to piss if for pacify.

5-20. Same rule as #4

If I cared about who pissed off who or what you though was Lazy I wouldn't have Servite in the top 15.... 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, OldCoach said:

I would be surprised if these polls consistently consider the maturity of the coaching staffs.  If polls are meant to be a true reflection of one team being able to beat another on a given night, it assumes one team will have to travel to play another.  Since most high school teams don't routinely travel long distances to play, it can be a big stressor/distraction for the kids, and the ability of a coaching staff to keep the kids focused (especially in a place like Las Vegas) is paramount.  Some of these kids may have never traveled on a plane or even 100 miles down the road.  In that sense, the maturity of a coaching staff can play a huge factor in terms of preparing a hs team for a long-distance game.  

The coach at G-K has been there since the school opened its doors and has had 17 years to build a program.  He has approximately 250 career wins and he had them winning pretty much right out of the gate...something that can be very difficult to do at a brand new school.  The coach at CH has 7 total years of hc experience.  I would say at the very least the 2 coaches at CH publicly talking smack before the game are very immature and not necessarily the level of maturity best for kids making a cross-country trip.  Am not saying the coaching staff at G-K is better overall.  MY point is...did anyone consider that when guessing who would win?

The G-K coach did an excellent job of preparing a team with limited high-tier talent and appeared to have the kids believing in themselves until the last second.  That combined with some gritty kids made for a great combination.  The Seattle area has a relatively large population of Samoans and G-K had a number of Samoan kids on their roster, including that bruising fb.  As much as folks fight over FL, CA and TX being the best for talent, nobody comes close to US Samoa in terms of NFL talent per capita.  Go there and see the kids play and you'll see why.

Hats off to him.

Graham-Kapowsin was an excellently coached team and that was clear from watching some of their film.

26 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Hats off to him.

Graham-Kapowsin was an excellently coached team and that was clear from watching some of their film.

Graham-Kapowsin has an interesting looking senior class........3 Idaho State commits and an Eastern Washington commit with others still left to commit.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=22349

This would be a team Atticus would have laughed at if I had posted their commits and offers. 

Finch is now with the coaching. This forum is now progressing. 😄

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Graham-Kapowsin has an interesting looking senior class........3 Idaho State commits and an Eastern Washington commit with others still left to commit.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=22349

This would be a team Atticus would have laughed at if I had posted their commits and offers. 

Finch is now with the coaching. This forum is now progressing. 😄

This Washington team actually had some talent which is what most people are overlooking........

44 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Any idea the weight of their fullback? 

I watched the 2nd half on mute.  What a finish.  

The announcers said they had him listed at 245 but they believed he was more

His name is Michael Toa and is a Sophomore.. listed at 5'11 245 but he looks more than 245. Crazy athletic for his size.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

RedZone desperately seeking attention again by making stuff up.

Or what I call Monday.

What did I make up?

"they blow", "they are garbage", "those players did nothing in college", "garbage", "hot garbage", "they played garbage",....etc

I like the Washington team....lmao.

You my man, Atticus.

8 minutes ago, OldCoach said:

Exactly...this kid would be a 4-star if he was playing at St Thomas Aquinas.  

https://247sports.com/player/andrew-savaiinaea-46057697/

#6 also and it's a shame we didn't get to see much of #2. But yes #5 definitely looked like a 4* player. He also holds many offers so yeah if he was at a brand school definitely would be a 4* but that is how those services work, they suck up for access. 

• Like 1