The Al Bundy Thread

OldTerrapin

On 12/22/2021 at 2:36 AM, OldTerrapin said:

so... what no one wants to play along?  Must be as I suspected that I am the only one on here that has actually played the game.. ok fine.. you can post your playing in the band and glee club pics..or playing video games in the geek class.. what the hell were all inclusive here..đŸ€Ș

Ok I’ll play.  In 8th grade “booster club” football I started out as a lineman on the Oilers at 160lbs lol.   Three guys got traded to the packers (I was one) for one guy.  The packers too put me on the line????

Fortunately all three running backs got hurt prior to the first game. One of my team mates told the coach that in sixth grade it was hard to take me down when we played kill the guy with the ball at the school we both went to. 

So they gave me the ball.  If I could run around guys I would, or if not, I would run through them, or sometimes through them just for fun.  I never let a single player beat me on laps after practice, also because it was fun.

We ended up going undefeated and I won the rushing title and scoring title. Best part about that, is because my parents really paid no mind to it, I rode to the banquet five miles through a torrential downpour to retrieve my hardware and that was really fun.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Giving myself the gift of an ego stroke this Christmas and sharing this gem from the bygone era of...last weekend (first Masters track meet of the year, in the red). Third in my heat, seventh overall (out of 17), but definitely first in my weight class 🙂

20211218_170142.jpg

Looking good. LOL. 10 years ago me and 11 other buddies went to the Big House for the Michigan v Notre Dame game. We had connections and got on the field. Prior to kickoff we tried to relive our “Polk High” days by lining up in the end zone for a hundred yard race. One of the dudes got into a speed wobble and went down on the big yellow “M” a midfield, and made a huge black mark on the paint. I was seriously scared of the head groundskeeper - he was like that dude in the movie “Rudy”. I apologized to him for ruining his paint job right before kickoff (ESPN National Game). He said he has been watching guys  reliving their glory days on this field for years, but he never laughed as hard before. FYI - finished 4th out of 12 in the race. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Giving myself the gift of an ego stroke this Christmas and sharing this gem from the bygone era of...last weekend (first Masters track meet of the year, in the red). Third in my heat, seventh overall (out of 17), but definitely first in my weight class 🙂

20211218_170142.jpg

Was the guy in the light blue texting and not paying attention when the light turned green?

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2021 at 11:00 AM, OldTerrapin said:

Ok fellas/ladies just for some off season fun and nostalgia post your pics of your baller days. (ladies it doesn't have to be football )

I'll start

1979 and 1980 Back to Back Manhattan City Champs!

how this rag tag group ever won anything I'll never know. Guess which one is Little OldTerp

No photo description available.

Guess? You’re a compulsive liar and pics aren’t showing.  

On 12/22/2021 at 11:38 AM, OldTerrapin said:

Front page sports section from Legion ball days..Had Paul Splittorff on my right and Dave Righetti on my left. Story was about us heading to the state tournament and I was youngest (14) on the team or some shit.. We won the states too and finished 5th in Nationals.  That's right I had some hair flow going on and groovy tube socks. My fuckin teammates never let me live this down when the paper came out..me thinks they were just jelly ..lol @SeaShells21calm down girl..😆

92789741_10157872502200743_5723294760894

What splinter position did you play?  Any articles to show stats?  

On 12/22/2021 at 5:36 AM, OldTerrapin said:

so... what no one wants to play along?  Must be as I suspected that I am the only one on here that has actually played the game.. ok fine.. you can post your playing in the band and glee club pics..or playing video games in the geek class.. what the hell were all inclusive here..đŸ€Ș

We know you like to play along.  Mr character.  

Honest question:  does anyone believe anything this scumbag posts?  

@maxchoboianand @Adam Kurkjian 
and all
 you can skip the photo.  That’s for a scumbag character practicing Hamlet lines to make fun of my nerdy glasses again.  

I met Honey Russell’s widow and received top performer in Little League award in honor of her husband my final year in LL.  
We had a great run in the NJ states too, finishing top 8 and I can share pitching stats
 but I’d share it with serious people like the two I added here among many others.  

Follow please as I edit this post and share info about “Honey” Russell.  My dad tried to explain to me back then who he was
 but I had to read more info to really get it.  There is some comedy to follow beyond my nerdy glasses as the names of some teams Honey played for are hilarious.  

“Honey”  passed away in 1973.  

F08124A1-0499-4684-B98E-793F23028962.jpeg

BB87E864-CAE4-4B0F-9125-44C679EBE093.jpeg

9410FE6C-B1B0-4F23-8544-B035AC7285E9.jpeg

• Like 1

As I was ripping little pieces of paper for the photo, I realized two things... 

1.  I did not meet Mrs. Russell, I met his daughter.  

2. Pep  Saul was also there for the presentation, the tall man on the right.  

Now back to my cell phone to fight with trying to add info on Pep Saul and my 12 year old pic.   

The man on the left was a very nice guy and I googled him and sadly found out he passed away at a young age.   That stopped my show and tell work for awhile... just reminisced and thought back to one helluva summer.   We were one game away from playing in the state semis in Elmer, NJ.   :(     

B52742AC-0C30-4C53-AA6D-24EB15CC3BE0.jpeg

B12E93E3-FD00-4890-904D-6C246B40CBD1.jpeg

On 12/24/2021 at 4:04 PM, The Colonel said:

Looking good. LOL. 10 years ago me and 11 other buddies went to the Big House for the Michigan v Notre Dame game. We had connections and got on the field. Prior to kickoff we tried to relive our “Polk High” days by lining up in the end zone for a hundred yard race. One of the dudes got into a speed wobble and went down on the big yellow “M” a midfield, and made a huge black mark on the paint. I was seriously scared of the head groundskeeper - he was like that dude in the movie “Rudy”. I apologized to him for ruining his paint job right before kickoff (ESPN National Game). He said he has been watching guys  reliving their glory days on this field for years, but he never laughed as hard before. FYI - finished 4th out of 12 in the race. LOL. 

I’m in tears
 and not for watching Bloomberg and seeing the futures for 4 am pretrading looks.    I just LMFAO!  OMG these past days.  I’ve been a Michigan fan since 1975.  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

As I was ripping little pieces of paper for the photo, I realized two things... 

1.  I did not meet Mrs. Russell, I met his daughter.  

2. Pep  Saul was also there for the presentation, the tall man on the right.  

Now back to my cell phone to fight with trying to add info on Pep Saul and my 12 year old pic.   

The man on the left was a very nice guy and I googled him and sadly found out he passed away at a young age.   That stopped my show and tell work for awhile... just reminisced and thought back to one helluva summer.   We were one game away from playing in the state semis in Elmer, NJ.   :(     

B52742AC-0C30-4C53-AA6D-24EB15CC3BE0.jpeg

B12E93E3-FD00-4890-904D-6C246B40CBD1.jpeg

Photo removed.  Too many fucking scumbags here that folks can’t enjoy themselves.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’m in tears
 and not for watching Bloomberg and seeing the futures for 4 am pretrading looks.    I just LMFAO!  OMG these past days.  I’ve been a Michigan fan since 1975.  

My buddies and I must have looked like complete idiots. Some guy tapped me on the shoulder when I was in the concession line at halftime. He asked if I was one of the guys running routes and then a 100 yards dash on the field before the game. I sheepishly said yes. He starting laughing and said everyone in the stands around him was cracking up at us. He said it was great entertainment. LOL. FYI - I was stressing about todays market open too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

My buddies and I must have looked like complete idiots. Some guy tapped me on the shoulder when I was in the concession line at halftime. He asked if I was one of the guys running routes and then a 100 yards dash on the field before the game. I sheepishly said yes. He starting laughing and said everyone in the stands around him was cracking up at us. He said it was great entertainment. LOL. FYI - I was stressing about todays market open too. 

Great share.  Lol!  Good stuff.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This popped up on my Facebook memories and had to share - pitching a gem 7 years ago to power my squad to the co-ed church league softball title. 

Fun facts - last two softball leagues I've played in my squads won the title, as did my legendary Tartesso Community Flag Football team in 2014 (last time I played in a flag league). I also won my work's Halloween 2017 chili cook off, Thanksgiving 2018 coloring contest, my local message board's high school football pick 'em contest in 2020 (I have since retired from that board), and am of course the 2022 USATF state champion in my age group for the 100 and 400 (so what if I was the only guy in my age group - the best ability is availability). 

What everyone needs to understand is that I wake up every morning and piss excellence, and have a hard time opening doors with the number of championship rings I have.

11822962_10155856570425123_7551235334810042796_o.jpg

• Haha 1