Mater Dei "Mini Dynasty" Team Comparisons

MD87

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Where was the Mater Day fanbase and alumni when Mater Dei was sucking wind not too long ago?

USA Today 28 years ago guzzler. Did the same 26 years ago. When you were in your prime. The last decade has been great for the Monarchs. Nice of you to stick around while rummel stinks it up though👍

F12B73F7-6516-4E48-BAD1-53B46A589D42.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

USA Today 28 years ago guzzler. Did the same 26 years ago. When you were in your prime. The last decade has been great for the Monarchs. Nice of you to stick around while rummel stinks it up though👍

F12B73F7-6516-4E48-BAD1-53B46A589D42.jpeg

Oh, yeah....1994

Way back when a team could have three or four college players and play absolutely nobody, and win the myth national championship.

Be glad Mater Dei didn't play Hanhville, La. Hmmm, let's just say Mater Dei wasn't an inner-city school back then like they are now!

26 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Oh, yeah....1994

Way back when a team could have three or four college players and play absolutely nobody and win the myth national championship.

Be glad Mater Dei didn't play Hanhville, La. Hmmm, let's just say Mater Dei wasn't an inner-city school back then like they are now!

Teams like Hahnville, La and John Tyler, TX would have embarrassed a team like Mater Dei. Smdh

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

Ayyyyy @HawgGoneIt who was you coach in 1994?

Jim Hughes and, pretty sure our current AD was the OC at that time. He was under Hughes anyway. I can't remember when he left. 

We spiraled into some dark times after that year and that coach retired. 

From about 91 we were seeing that special team culminate. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2022 at 5:42 AM, Adam_MD_Alum said:

When I was at MD, USA Today ranking was the only one Rollo took seriously. Maxpreps was less big/National back then. I do feel like most of the algo-rankings are a lil tilted in CA-favor with 3 juggernauts in So-cal (Cent10, not one-time #3 Sprite/Anaheim). That said, easiest way to change that is to travel/step-up and prove your state is otherwise. 

so i guess that would mean, DLS has won the Natty only 7 times?

You’d have to ask Rollo if he still feels that way -there are ton of different rankings today and USAT was the gold standard late 90’s.

Was DLS better than MD in 1994 and perhaps more deserving of USAT? There’s some merit to that argument.

Does Rollo or MD alum count 2020 (Covid) as a Natty? Dunno. I don’t. 

@Sammyswordman@HurricaneNick What do you guys think…are all MNC ranks created equal?  Does MD have 5 or 6 Natties?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Football_National_Championship

2 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

You’d have to ask Rollo if he still feels that way -there are ton of different rankings today and USAT was the gold standard late 90’s.

Was DLS better than MD in 1994 and perhaps more deserving of USAT? There’s some merit to that argument.

@Sammyswordman@HurricaneNick What do you guys think…are all MNC ranks created equal?  Does MD have 5 or 6 Natties?

No, 2020 national championship awarded to MD is not counted by Rollo or the school. No rings made or banners hung. Only played 5 games but in defense of MD, IMG (national champs) only played 8 games and played no one of the caliber of St John Bosco. Natties are cool, any alum from other schools would be happy if their team “won” a natty but I’ve always said if MD runs the table and goes undefeated while winning a state championship, it doesn’t matter what the polls say. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2022 at 9:58 AM, Adam_MD_Alum said:

50 minutes ago, MD87 said:

They’re LSUck now, so just give MD some time.

Just a flat out dumb take. This power 5 division 1 university has produced more NFL players than one high school! Really! No way! 

No shit. If it makes him feel better then it is what it is. MD still has more Heisman winners 😉

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Just a flat out dumb take. This power 5 division 1 university has produced more NFL players than one high school! Really! No way! 

No shit. If it makes him feel better then it is what it is. MD still has more Heisman winners 😉

Who the fuck compares a HS to Division 1 school. 

How's about Rummel vs Mater Dei

• Thanks 1

this article right here says, at the end of last season, MD and DLS are now tied with each other for number of HS Football National Titles, Natty's, even though wikipedia says difference, so USA Today is the Gold or Platinum standard, the most valuable of all the National Polls?:

Mater Dei makes history in 2021, joins De La Salle atop all-time Super 25 champs list | USA TODAY High School Sports (usatodayhss.com)

On 6/15/2022 at 5:24 PM, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

this article right here says, at the end of last season, MD and DLS are now tied with each other for number of HS Football National Titles, Natty's, even though wikipedia says difference, so USA Today is the Gold or Platinum standard, the most valuable of all the National Polls?:

Mater Dei makes history in 2021, joins De La Salle atop all-time Super 25 champs list | USA TODAY High School Sports (usatodayhss.com)

Again, that’s just one media outlet - there are several. As an MD Alum and HS football fan, I can straight up tell you DLS’s legacy outshines MD’s overall and definitely in the 20th century (despite 2 MD natties in the 90’s). 

That said, in the 21st century, hard to argue against MD being #1. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Again, that’s just one media outlet - there are several. As an MD Alum and HS football fan, I can straight up tell you DLS’s legacy outshines MD’s overall and definitely in the 20th century (despite 2 MD natties in the 90’s). 

That said, in the 21st century, hard to argue against MD being #1. 

So overall, DLS has more Natties than MD in total?