Mater Dei "Mini Dynasty" Team Comparisons

MD87

On 6/19/2022 at 7:01 AM, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Again, that’s just one media outlet - there are several. As an MD Alum and HS football fan, I can straight up tell you DLS’s legacy outshines MD’s overall and definitely in the 20th century (despite 2 MD natties in the 90’s). 

That said, in the 21st century, hard to argue against MD being #1. 

It’s not that hard. DLS finished #1 in CA eleven times in the 21st century. They also have more national titles (whatever those are worth) in the 21st century than MD has in all the centuries. 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 7:01 AM, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Again, that’s just one media outlet - there are several. As an MD Alum and HS football fan, I can straight up tell you DLS’s legacy outshines MD’s overall and definitely in the 20th century (despite 2 MD natties in the 90’s). 

That said, in the 21st century, hard to argue against MD being #1. 

Unfortunately For MD, DLS’s Legacy will Always outshine MD’s because MD had to sue the CIF to change the rules so MD could get transfers and compete with DLS, Cen10 and SJB….

No matter how many State Titles MD wins, DLS won theirs without having to have any rules changed or take in mass amounts of Transfers to field teams with 20+ D1 recruits…. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Unfortunately For MD, DLS’s Legacy will Always outshine MD’s because MD had to sue the CIF to change the rules so MD could get transfers and compete with DLS, Cen10 and SJB….

No matter how many State Titles MD wins, DLS won theirs without having to have any rules changed or take in mass amounts of Transfers to field teams with 20+ D1 recruits…. 

same thing in regards to Natties, or MNC's i would guess as well, when comparing DLS's and MD's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

same thing in regards to Natties, or MNC's i would guess as well, when comparing DLS's and MD's.

You have to give Rollo and MD credit though, they were crowned National CHAMPS Twice by USA Today (94,96) which back then was the only game in town…. You didn’t have all these other things Internet polls and stuff….

It’s just a different ERA now, and MD had a long dry spell until they sued to have the Rules changes and opened the Floodgates…. Kudos to them for adapting….

15 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Let's be clear, though, that many of DLS's top players moved in from elsewhere to play.  Maybe they didn't transfer in midway through HS, but there was more to DLS's success than great coaching (and it was great) of a bunch of hard-working area kids (which they had, too); but that there is more to the story is what I'm trying to point out.

DJ - Sacramento

TK (RIP) - Richmond

Terron Ward - SF

Taylor - SF

Amani Toomer - Berkeley

MJD - Oakland

Loverne - San Jo

Asiasi - San Mateo

Boss - Daly City

Atari - San Leandro

To'o To'o - Sacramento

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Let's be clear, though, that many of DLS's top players moved in from elsewhere to play.  Maybe they didn't transfer in midway through HS, but there was more to DLS's success than great coaching (and it was great) of a bunch of hard-working area kids (which they had, too); but that there is more to the story is what I'm trying to point out.

DJ - Sacramento

TK (RIP) - Richmond

Terron Ward - SF

Taylor - SF

Amani Toomer - Berkeley

MJD - Oakland

Loverne - San Jo

Asiasi - San Mateo

Boss - Daly City

Atari - San Leandro

To'o To'o - Sacramento

Leon Callen(Brother)