Biden admits there is no federal solution to the pandemic

Bormio

On 1/3/2022 at 12:48 PM, 181pl said:

never had a fever even w covid before vaccines. for me the bad symptoms were exhaustion and respiratory. glad shes ok!

Respiratory concerns were why I successfully played hide and go seek with my wife until her negative test result… I hid well lol.  
Thx.  I didn’t pick it up thankfully.  

On 1/4/2022 at 4:20 PM, Atticus Finch said:

Yes.

Obviously.

covid1.png.5084ef978b6438ec8aedb6d1066bcd0d.png

For now yes, but give it time.  Last Thursday, my boss decided to have a staff lunch.  I was getting new tires that morning so I sent one of my engineers in my place.  One of the project managers was infected  (likely from his family who all tested positive since) but he was not symptomatic at the time.  Now 5 of the 8 attendees have tested positive, all “fully” vaccinated.  One of the other three left early today due to symptoms so he’ll show up as positive tomorrow.   I expect the other two will also fall sick.  Outside of the project manager, not a single person in any of these peoples contact circles have tested positive, so it’s pretty clear where/how the transmission occurred. 

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

For now yes, but give it time.  Last Thursday, my boss decided to have a staff lunch.  I was getting new tires that morning so I sent one of my engineers in my place.  One of the project managers was infected  (likely from his family who all tested positive since) but he was not symptomatic at the time.  Now 5 of the 8 attendees have tested positive, all “fully” vaccinated.  One of the other three left early today due to symptoms so he’ll show up as positive tomorrow.   I expect the other two will also fall sick.  Outside of the project manager, not a single person in any of these peoples contact circles have tested positive, so it’s pretty clear where/how the transmission occurred. 

That's a lovely anecdotal story you got there.

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

That's a lovely anecdotal story you got there.

You don’t have to look far, at least around here, to find similar situations.  It’s part of what’s behind the numbers.

Maybe you’ve seen footage of the thousands of folks lined up trying to get tested at places like Kaiser Anaheim. Who do you think are in those lines?  Why are they in those lines?  What is their vaccine status?  Funny how the news now shows the long lines but isn’t digging into the questions.  

Unfortunately, the data will show that the current vaccines are becoming far less effective against newer strains. 

There’s a reason for that, but don’t look to the usual suspects for a proper scientific explanation.  The current spike in infections is no anomaly.  Vaccinated or not, we aren’t out of the woods.  Welcome to the new normal.  Put your money into companies making the, at home, wet chemistry digital readers, buy the head cover that provides submicron filtered air, then hold on for the ride.  Fun times ahead.  

Omicron is a vastly different illness than Delta.  Patients come in almost smiling.  The dread associated with the diagnosis is vanishing, they almost look relieved.  Many are vaccinated, some are not.  No awful coughs, no SOB.  Mainly sore throat and nasal congestion. More aching than with a cold, but not much.  ERs are filling up with people trying to get tested.  There is much less acuity.  The deaths in this country are mainly in the Northeast and Midwest, which began a Delta wave in the late fall.  People are not dying of Omicron for the most part.  Serious illness is way down across the South.  People are getting admitted that we’re sent home before, when hospitals were slammed.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Omicron is a vastly different illness than Delta.  Patients come in almost smiling.  The dread associated with the diagnosis is vanishing, they almost look relieved.  Many are vaccinated, some are not.  No awful coughs, no SOB.  Mainly sore throat and nasal congestion. More aching than with a cold, but not much.  ERs are filling up with people trying to get tested.  There is much less acuity.  The deaths in this country are mainly in the Northeast and Midwest, which began a Delta wave in the late fall.  People are not dying of Omicron for the most part.  Serious illness is way down across the South.  People are getting admitted that we’re sent home before, when hospitals were slammed.

Far higher degree of asymptomatic spreaders going on as well.   Plus there seems to be a correlation between people that got sick from either the first or second vaccine shots and catching Omicron.  

4 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Far higher degree of asymptomatic spreaders going on as well.   Plus there seems to be a correlation between people that got sick from either the first or second vaccine shots and catching Omicron.  

Many are not testing (too hard) and not isolating (who isolates - or tests - with a cold?).  There is a sense of - I finally got it, and it is not that bad.  Many, not all, are well in 2-3 days.  But we still have to look for the few sicker patients as there is still some Delta.  But the South had its big Delta wave already.

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

Many are not testing (too hard) and not isolating (who isolates - or tests - with a cold?).  There is a sense of - I finally got it, and it is not that bad.  Many, not all, are well in 2-3 days.  But we still have to look for the few sicker patients as there is still some Delta.  But the South had its big Delta wave already.

During the first three waves, our production floor got hit pretty hard.  This time, it’s gotten all but three of our management and administrative staff, but like you pointed out, it’s pretty mild for most.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Did you not see the first post?

Because those states are all at the *top* of the list.

👇

2022-01-11_12-58-51.thumb.png.e74fc11e045a4c00fe7f44698313d903.png

Too funny.

Bormio is consistently a bozo.

Hospitalizations are not necessarily serious illnesses.  The illness with this variant is nowhere near what it was with Delta.  A fact everyone who sees patients recognizes.  An internet idiot - not so much 

5 hours ago, Bormio said:

Ask yourself if the data makes sense.  How, if hospitals are slammed, can hospitalizations go up 400%?  I suspect are counting  some ER observation visits.

During the big surge last year, hospitals in So Ca were reported near capacity and many had portable field hospitals set up outside.  Now they are reporting overfilled hospitals yet there are no field hospitals set up.   Did the hospitals magically get bigger, or might the numbers be exaggerated.  No doubt there’s still a big issue but misinformation is not helping.

9 minutes ago, On2whls said:

During the big surge last year, hospitals in So Ca were reported near capacity and many had portable field hospitals set up outside.  Now they are reporting overfilled hospitals yet there are no field hospitals set up.   Did the hospitals magically get bigger, or might the numbers be exaggerated.  No doubt there’s still a big issue but misinformation is not helping.

I looked at Spartanburg Regional’s stats tonight (probably hardest hit county in South Carolina).  We have 141 Covid patients now, was nearly 400 during Delta.  18 Covid patients in ICU settings (was over 70 or 80 before)and 9 Covid vents - was around 40-50 before.  And I’ll bet the vents are mainly Delta cases..  Hospitalizations are up some recently, but hospitalized patients aren’t as sick as before.  And the low death rates are consistent with that.  Omicron is not killing people in places like  Pennsylvania and New York, Delta is.

29 minutes ago, On2whls said:

"The numbers don't align with what I want so it must be misinformation."

🤡

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

"The numbers don't align with what I want so it must be misinformation."

🤡

Just like you never played football, you never practiced medicine - and you know virtually nothing about either.  But you got some people here fooled - because you are loud.  But loud is a poor substitute for gray matter.