Bowl games

steeler01

1 minute ago, Frosty4024 said:

Not really.  Their secondary is diminished.  They got RBs playing corner for crying out loud.

The more time you give a qb, the more time you give the receiver's to get open and shred the defense.  Take your chances and bring the house. 

25 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

OSU D sucks.

I know they're without 5 starters and I've tried giving them the benefit of a doubt...But C'mon man. 

Getting schooled by backup QB that hasn't thrown a pass.

Their defense is awful. Even when at full strength. It’s been their Achilles heel for much of the time since Nick Bosa went down to injury.

They we’re good when Chase Young was out there dominating, but basically a sieve ever since. It cost them in last years Nat’l title game and again this season. It was so bad they actually lost to TTUN!

A Buckeyes team with a competent defense beats TTUN by at least 2 scores.

Hopefully Jim Knowles is the guy to figure it out.

The offense is so dynamic they don’t need the defense to be great. Just good.

6 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Their defense is awful. Even when at full strength. It’s been their Achilles heel for much of the time since Nick Bosa went down to injury.

They we’re good when Chase Young was out there dominating, but basically a sieve ever since. It cost them in last years Nat’l title game and again this season. It was so bad they actually lost to TTUN!

A Buckeyes team with a competent defense beats TTUN by at least 2 scores.

Hopefully Jim Knowles is the guy to figure it out.

The offense is so dynamic they don’t need the defense to be great. Just good.

There’s guys in Ohio that are Bosa  type not the hype but they there 

8 hours ago, concha said:

With the offensive talent OSU has, they just need a solid/decent+ D to be a contender.

What they've had is an inexcusable and embarrassing turd.

Amen to that.

What are your thoughts on Knowles? I know OK St. was good defensively, but will he be able to make a difference as quickly as next season?

5 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Amen to that.

What are your thoughts on Knowles? I know OK St. was good defensively, but will he be able to make a difference as quickly as next season?

As I understand it, the actual formations he uses are similar. So that is good.  He mixes things up more with movement/shifts and is much more aggressive. We should see much more pressure applied.

Overall, Knowles will have more talented kids to work with. When you have 4* and 5* studs, effing use them.  Instead of rushing 4 and allowing the QB to pick us apart, bring 5 or 6 superior athletes and watch the o-line quickly fold like a cheap lawn chair. That's what guys like Sawyer and JTT are there for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Got back To my hotel just in time for The Bowl ge kick off... 

And just in time enough to throw up every Breakfast lunch and dinner Ive ever eaten... 

This man  came in needing help and he smelt like a God dammed Tire Fire OMG it was bad... 

Had my eyes watering the whole time... 

In all seriousness, there’s another bowl game on tonight? I like to think I follow football pretty well, but had no idea a game was on tonight? Who and bigger question WHY?

9 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Well yeah for sure. And outside throwing any cash on it, I don’t think many would tune it or care. I’m more intrigued about the “dude” @TheMaximumHornetStinghad to deal with.

Ole dude smelt like a raging tire fire it was unholy... 

Then he paid with cash and the cash smelled too

• Haha 1