This 5-Star is at his 10th high school

maxchoboian

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

AAU, Twitter and evaluators are on blast 24/7…. If you ever get a chance to go to a December “showcase” you’ll know exactly what’s on the periphery driving this madness. 

It ain’t always the players. Open your mind to the bigger cancer not the symptoms. 😁😁😁

bgw

There is a great book if you can find or download it called Raw Recruits by Alexander Wolff.

It supports what you stated in your post... as it gets down deep in the corruption and sludge of basketball from HS through College that the casual sports fan is not aware of.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Definitely more movement in hoops, but holy bejesus!

HS nomad Dior Johnson

Knowing nothing of the young man besides "maxchoboian's"  original post, first off you have to pity the kid. Has he no family, guardian, father figure, or anybody not blinded by potential dollars his talents may generate ? What poor excuse for an entourage will this child carry along if he makes it and scores big..$$$. I see losers, leeches and charlatans ready to suck him dry. No way in hell should a teenager go to ten different high school to PLAY BALL. The court system should have intervened earlier in his life for "Parental Incompetence." 

• Like 5

On 12/29/2021 at 9:31 PM, badrouter said:

I can not understand why anyone would care to follow players like this. Nor can I understand why any coach would want to have him on their team. He doesn't give a shit about any of the teams, and so none of the teams or their fans should give  a shit about him. Don't exploit him, simply don't offer him a spot on the team, or a penny of your money to watch him.

My experience take it for what it is worth. College coaches are full of you know what. They talk you need grades and character unless you are a 4/5 star then they dont give as long as you dont get arrested and can clear the NCAA.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

My experience take it for what it is worth. College coaches are full of you know what. They talk you need grades and character unless you are a 4/5 star then they dont give as long as you dont get arrested and can clear the NCAA.

Seems like more good reasons to start ignoring all of them. I want so bad to do this, clearly I just need football rehab.

On 12/29/2021 at 3:12 PM, OldTerrapin said:

ehhh basketball sucks so I doubt anyone cares. BB days as a big money sport are numbered anyway.. who wants to root for a team when you don't know who the players are going to be each year?..lame

Agreed. The peak of the sport has long passed. Now it’s a bunch of entitled, tattooed, stoned morons who have very little fundamental skills. The SJWBA is garbage. 

There is nothing compelling about the sport on any level outside of a few players like Giannis and Curry. Even the coaches are dislikable. I’m surprised the NBA has any ratings. I guess they do well in major cities because it’s a tradition but most of us don’t give a shit anymore. I miss the Magic and Bird days that’s for sure. That’s when it was a great sport and fun to watch.

• Haha 1

I’m guessing coaching HS or AAU  basketball is kind of like  coaching a team of only wide receivers. Everybody wants the ball all the time and doesn’t want to hear “relax, you’ll get your shots”.  Bitch, whine, move on.  But they should take note of who’s been winning national championships in college recently — Villanova, Baylor, Virginia with Gonzaga and Purdue honing in.    Those teams weren’t/aren’t a collection of stars but actually play as a team.  But that only matters to the guys who want to win more than worry about their stat line

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

I’m guessing coaching HS or AAU  basketball is kind of like  coaching a team of only wide receivers. Everybody wants the ball all the time and doesn’t want to hear “relax, you’ll get your shots”.  Bitch, whine, move on.  But they should take note of who’s been winning national championships in college recently — Villanova, Baylor, Virginia with Gonzaga and Purdue honing in.    Those teams weren’t/aren’t a collection of stars but actually play as a team.  But that only matters to the guys who want to win more than worry about their stat line

Adding to your post a bit, a good club director on the AAU level will place these players with the right coach and teammates. 

bgw

17 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

Trust me 80% of AAU ball is very average or bad.  The teams with these 4 and 5 stars are very few. Most of these games are blowouts big mismatch. You got a team with two 5 star guards and rest are 3 or 4 stars vs a team a local daddy put together with his kids friends so he can say his kid plays AAU travel ball then you see the 84-12 type scores.

Hoover's Finley center which has 9 courts in it has 200 teams in for a summer AAU tournament 160 of those teams are average to bad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Adding to your post a bit, a good club director on the AAU level will place these players with the right coach and teammates. 

bgw

You understand but the average person has no clue the difference in FBC elite, Carolina elite,  NYGhoops,  vs an average aau team.  Like a guy told me if your players are not flying to tournaments you are not elite. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You understand but the average person has no clue the difference in FBC elite, Carolina elite,  NYGhoops,  vs an average aau team.  Like a guy told me if your players are not flying to tournaments you are not elite. 

27 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Trust me 80% of AAU ball is very average or bad.  The teams with these 4 and 5 stars are very few. Most of these games are blowouts big mismatch. You got a team with two 5 star guards and rest are 3 or 4 stars vs a team a local daddy put together with his kids friends so he can say his kid plays AAU travel ball then you see the 84-12 type scores.

Hoover's Finley center which has 9 courts in it has 200 teams in for a summer AAU tournament 160 of those teams are average to bad. 

AAU / CYO hoops in NY and D.C. have had stacked rosters from the beginning of time putting beat downs on teams by 40-50 pts regularly.

This is from 1996, I was in HS playing ball in NYC and Westchester.  Elton Brand was in our varsity league during the season, so our team had to not only get beat by his State Champion HS team (Peekskill) twice a year, but also in the Summer get beat up some more playing against Riverside Church NYC during AAU games (video above).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

AAU / CYO hoops in NY and D.C. have had stacked rosters from the beginning of time putting beat downs on teams by 40-50 pts regularly.

This is from 1996, I was in HS playing ball in NYC and Westchester.  Elton Brand was in our varsity league during the season, so our team had to not only get beat by his State Champion HS team (Peekskill) twice a year, but also in the Summer get beat up some more playing against Riverside Church NYC during AAU games (video above).

I have been to a few AAU big tournaments most of the games were big blowouts. I'm talking 30 point wins.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Yes, and the elite clubs are invite only outside of open tryouts hosted by the club. 

bgw

• Like 1