Jump to content

Allen to host St John Bosco


HurricaneNick
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

I don't care either way.  Every state does things differently. It's when you bitch at other states and think what you're doing in your backyard isn't advantageous in sports against other states publics

You don’t care yet you’re the one who brought up the topic.

It sounds like you’re just being a little petty of Texas’ success against other public schools in sports.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, steeler01 said:

 It's when you bitch at other states and think what you're doing in your backyard isn't advantageous in sports against other states publics

It's tone deaf.

Nobody whines more than Texans about private schools who leverage their advantages to great success. But when Texas publics carve out *huge* numerical and resource advantages and leverage them to great success they wonder what the fuss is about.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

Southlake Carroll has 1 state championship in 15 years…

Okay, you win.

I can’t argue against that type of exposure.

Funny,  we just talked about their advantages against other states publics and now you used the last 15 years against other publics that use the same crap as Carroll. Two campuses. These schools can't house all the students,  and don't want to become Stony Point

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Funny,  we just talked about their advantages against other states publics and now you used the last 15 years against other publics that use the same crap as Carroll. Two campuses. These schools can't house all the students,  and don't want to become Stony Point

Okay, steeler01 ☺️ You win.

Carroll has used their advantage against their four oos teams. Broken Arrow and poor Union didn’t stand a chance and Northwestern was fortunate to make it out alive.

I commend their bravery.

Curse those cabbage patch kids.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Okay, steeler01 ☺️ You win.

Carroll has used their advantage against their four oos teams. Broken Arrow and poor Union didn’t stand a chance and Northwestern was fortunate to make it out alive.

I commend their bravery.

Curse those cabbage patch kids.

Yeah SLCs adv has been too much.  The UIL needs to put a stop to their campus manipulation shenanigans.  The rest of 6A has stood no chance! 😂 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Okay, steeler01 ☺️ You win.

Carroll has used their advantage against their four oos teams. Broken Arrow and poor Union didn’t stand a chance and Northwestern was fortunate to make it out alive.

I commend their bravery.

Curse those cabbage patch kids.

Who said anything about against their OOS opponents? I'm talking in general. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah SLCs adv has been too much.  The UIL needs to put a stop to their campus manipulation shenanigans.  The rest of 6A has stood no chance! 😂 

Once again,  this is a national board. Texas, unlike any other state, houses kids at two campuses.  Save me the transition BS excuse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Once again,  this is a national board. Texas, unlike any other state, houses kids at two campuses.  Save me the transition BS excuse

Alternatively, SLC could have built one school to house all students or added onto the Sr High. Now I’m gonna let you pound your head why they didn’t.  🤦‍♂️  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

Okay, steeler01 ☺️ You win.

Carroll has used their advantage against their four oos teams. Broken Arrow and poor Union didn’t stand a chance and Northwestern was fortunate to make it out alive.

I commend their bravery.

Curse those cabbage patch kids.

@sausmann9 I forgot what slate of games you have… is this one of them (1997 MNW-SLC)?   Also, do you have DBP DLS (forgot year and bed time).  Thx.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 6:49 PM, HurricaneNick said:

😂😂

E835BF5F-F483-45E1-8297-F1D46CE4E9F6.jpeg
 

 

Kermit the frogs melt down is going to be next level 


Well, you know for a big game like this to come together that it surely won’t be the high profile Texas program leaving their own backyard.

They can afford to build 60M dollar HS stadiums but not the fuel or hotel accommodations needed to travel.

The world has changed a lot in recent years, but Texas not traveling beyond their own border remains a forever constant.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Alternatively, SLC could have built one school to house all students or added onto the Sr High. Now I’m gonna let you pound your head why they didn’t.  🤦‍♂️  

For the same reason Texas builds 60M dollar stadiums. The education🤡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

We’re 11 pages deep and all I’ve gathered is that Allen’s 6K+ student population and $60 Million+ stadium don’t have the athletes or resources to compete with Bosco. Lmao! Got it! I wonder if coach Morris believes the same. Lol. 

 

Screenshot_20220115-235740_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, steeler01 said:

For the same reason Texas builds 60M dollar stadiums. The education🤡

This makes no sense steeler. If SLC was intent on not splitting to keep an athletic adv then why didn’t they just simply build a school to house everyone or add on? They definitely could afford any option without blinking an eye. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

This makes no sense steeler. If SLC was intent on not splitting to keep an athletic adv then why didn’t they just simply build a school to house everyone or add on? They definitely could afford any option without blinking an eye. 

It's cheaper to build a smaller campus than one large one. That's pretty simple. If you have to house 2800-2900 students you need a much bigger campus than housing 1200-1400 students. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

It's cheaper to build a smaller campus than one large one. That's pretty simple. If you have to house 2800-2900 students you need a much bigger campus than housing 1200-1400 students. 

Aah so saving money sounds like a more reasonable explanation than anything you’ve mentioned. They found a way to accommodate their growth with the cheapest solution.  Had they built one big school this wouldn’t be an issue with you  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Funny,  we just talked about their advantages against other states publics and now you used the last 15 years against other publics that use the same crap as Carroll. Two campuses. These schools can't house all the students,  and don't want to become Stony Point

Having students transfer to your school somehow seems shady to people but it's perfectly legal and pretty normal.

On the other hand, building a *second* campus so your *one* high school can leverage it's scale to crush its fellow schools is against all norms and is basically only done in Texas.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

Go Allen!

And size matters to a point. Cypress Bay HS in FTL is mammoth. And hasn't won state. 

Cypress Bay is a bad example to prove your point.

They opened in 2003 and by their 5th season (2007) they won 10 games. By their 8th season (2010) they had reached the state semifinal (lost by 3 to Central). By their 10th season (2012) they had reached the state championship (lost to Apopka by 3).

More importantly, when they reached their peak in enrollment (5,500) the school board immediately went about building a new high school (West Broward) to relieve the overcrowding.

Their head coach retired and the school lost more than 15% of their enrollment.

This doesn't happen in Southlake or Allen because the cities serve as their own school boards. They see no advantage to building a new high school to relieve overcrowding. Broward County, on the other hand, doesn't care at all about Cypress Bay's competitive advantage. They just build a new high school when it's needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Aah so saving money sounds like a more reasonable explanation than anything you’ve mentioned. They found a way to accommodate their growth with the cheapest solution.  Had they built one big school this wouldn’t be an issue with you  

Just naming Carroll HS, Dodge HS or whatever and you have two HS with 1200-1500 in enrollment. With that comes a decrease in athletic performance for  Carroll HS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Cypress Bay is a bad example to prove your point.

They opened in 2003 and by their 5th season (2007) they won 10 games. By their 8th season (2010) they had reached the state semifinal (lost by 3 to Central). By their 10th season (2012) they had reached the state championship (lost to Apopka by 3).

More importantly, when they reached their peak in enrollment (5,500) the school board immediately went about building a new high school (West Broward) to relieve the overcrowding.

Their head coach retired and the school lost more than 15% of their enrollment.

This doesn't happen in Southlake or Allen because the cities serve as their own school boards. They see no advantage to building a new high school to relieve overcrowding. Broward County, on the other hand, doesn't care at all about Cypress Bay's competitive advantage. They just build a new high school when it's needed.

Heard Cypress Bay might be going to Atl to the Freedom Bowl to play some top Georgia team. Keeping up with the yearly tradition of garbage FL teams playing GA powerhouses

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...