Allen to host St John Bosco

HurricaneNick

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

That's not relevant.  You avoid the question. 

Can that campus hold 1200-1500 high school kids? Can that campus be it's own HS?

It’s very relevant because it’s exactly what they did. They initially moved 9h graders from the HS to the middle school to make room for the HS growth. That’s using current facilities to address future needs. Basically making the middle school into a Jr High. They didn’t build a new HS.  

but in your logic now you’d prefer they actually built a brand new school to house everyone. 

7 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

It doesn’t need to be its own high school. No need to needlessly adjust new attendance zones to accommodate two full schools.

The story of how how they got where they are now is relevant. These things are done in iterations. And them moving 9th graders out of the HS into the MS was a crucial step. 

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It doesn’t need to be its own high school. No need to needlessly create new attendance zones to accommodate two schools 

So you're not gonna answer.  Funny. 

The middle school could've been the new HS. It wouldn't be the first time nor would it be the last time

New attendance zones. Guess what closing a middle school and making it an extra campus does to kids? It makes new attendance zones

12 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

So you're not gonna answer.  Funny. 

The middle school could've been the new HS. It wouldn't be the first time nor would it be the last time

New attendance zones. Guess what closing a middle school and making it an extra campus does to kids? It makes new attendance zones

I just told you. Why adjust attendance zones to accommodate growth that was being addressed by using existing facilities? 

You like to create new challenges to answer for one that was being answered. They had already started on the road of addressing growth by moving 9th graders. 

I’m done with this, you lied about the facts. You have no idea what that district did. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I just told you. Why adjust attendance zones to accommodate growth that was being addressed by using existing facilities? 

You like to create new challenges to answer for one that was being answered. They had already started on the road of addressing growth by moving 9th graders. 

I’m done with this, you lied about the facts. You have no idea what that district did. 

No you make up excuses.  Instead of embracing why they did what they did. 

You change topics like Redzone

Where did I say I don't know what the district did? Once again this isn't even relevant.  You choose to never answer the question posed to you.  Was the Junior high that was converted into a campus for Frosh-Soph be its own HS

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I just can’t figure out why a seemly knowledgeable poster spends so much bandwidth and energy gaslighting and arguing about Texas. 

Help me help me figure this one out. 

bgw

Every time anything is brought up about Texas, Horse puts on his cape and will use pretzel logic on you

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Cypress Bay is a bad example to prove your point.

They opened in 2003 and by their 5th season (2007) they won 10 games. By their 8th season (2010) they had reached the state semifinal (lost by 3 to Central). By their 10th season (2012) they had reached the state championship (lost to Apopka by 3).

More importantly, when they reached their peak in enrollment (5,500) the school board immediately went about building a new high school (West Broward) to relieve the overcrowding.

Their head coach retired and the school lost more than 15% of their enrollment.

This doesn't happen in Southlake or Allen because the cities serve as their own school boards. They see no advantage to building a new high school to relieve overcrowding. Broward County, on the other hand, doesn't care at all about Cypress Bay's competitive advantage. They just build a new high school when it's needed.

I agree that high schools don’t need to have six or 7000 kids. Even Cypress Bay today is too big at almost 5000. And then you have a lot of schools in the Orlando area that are huge as well. I know Ferguson down in Miami is pretty massive. Anytime I high schools over 3500 is probably too big to have a good learning environment .

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

I agree that high schools don’t need to have six or 7000 kids. Even Cypress Bay today is too big at almost 5000. And then you have a lot of schools in the Orlando area that are huge as well. I know Ferguson down in Miami is pretty massive. Anytime I high schools over 3500 is probably too big to have a good learning environment .

Guandolo had a nice run there, but couldn’t convert a title.  

Guandolo was the coach at Southridge when they beat Carter TX twice. 

He thought he could hang with the Texans then brought Chaminade over there just to lose to an inferior team. Then he brought Cy Bay out there to get boat raced by Katy. 

I think he got too big for his britches. He found out in 05 and then reminded in 08 that you can’t just bring some rinky dink team out to Texas and think your gonna have success!! 

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Horsefly...   Come on man.

Texas should just keep building Public High school after Public High School after Public High school so the talent level at each Public High school keeps getting smaller and smaller.

But hey...  Texas Public schools should still keep playing our RECRUITED UP... PRIVATE SCHOOL.... ALL-STAR SPORTS TEAMS!!

LMFAO!!!