Allen to host St John Bosco

HurricaneNick

21 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Size makes a big difference in the quality. If Allen is just a top 10 team right now,  they'd be much lower splitting their talent pool in half

No, athletic attraction to a program makes the difference. Allen was a powerhouse years ago even though they were smaller than now because they were a preferred athletic destination.  Not so much now  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

No, athletic attraction to a program makes the difference. Allen was a powerhouse years ago even though they were smaller than now because they were a preferred athletic destination.  Not so much now  

So then boundaries are irrelevant is what you're saying.  

Your brethren seem to disagree

56 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I disagree completely. A school of 7k has serious advantages of a school with 2 or 3k when your talking about quality depth.

53 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Once again, the proof is in the results.  They and the Plano schools have not won much of anything lately.  Much smaller schools can attract better players. 

That may be a true statement if the school wasn’t in Texas. Texas has one of the highest football per student participation rates in the US, almost double campared to CA. Also, according to your statement, players are looking for schools to attend for football in Texas because the program is more attractive. How did or do they get to that school? If they played where they lived then they would have to look for a more attractive option. Can’t have it both ways.

15 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

That may be a true statement if the school wasn’t in Texas. Texas has one of the highest football per student participation rates in the US, almost double campared to CA. Also, according to your statement, players are looking for schools to attend for football in Texas because the program is more attractive. How did or do they get to that school? If they played where they lived then they would have to look for a more attractive option. Can’t have it both ways.

None of what you stated did I state.  When ppl move around or move in, they’ll pick the schools that meet their children’s needs. If football is it, then why wouldn’t they relocate to a school that is better at football? We still have boundaries in many districts. 

2 hours ago, Champa said:

People think what these Texas publics do are the same thing lol.

If that were the case, Duncanville would have had a 5 star QB these past two seasons since JJ left. 

Exactly and so much more.

again - recruited transfers are different animal 

MD / SJB are getting 5 and 4 star recruits - they giving these kids scholarships and paying for transportation- it’s not the same and it’s not close to the same!!!

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

None of what you stated did I state.  When ppl move around or move in, they’ll pick the schools that meet their children’s needs. If football is it, then why wouldn’t they relocate to a school that is better at football? We still have boundaries in many districts. 

So they would transfer to another school for football if that suits there needs. You make this to easy.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Exactly and so much more.

again - recruited transfers are different animal 

MD / SJB are getting 5 and 4 star recruits - they giving these kids scholarships and paying for transportation- it’s not the same and it’s not close to the same!!!

According to you,  Duncanville and North Shore were every bit as good as Mater Dei and Bosco till they played.

I could only imagine what the 2019 Mater Dei offense would've done to those teams

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

So they would transfer to another school for football if that suits there needs. You make this to easy.

That’s  not what I said either. Let me make it easier for you, when ppl relocate to the area, they  typically consider their kids needs and extracurricular activities when choosing a school. The schools best in those activities attract the best talent. 

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Transfer vs recruited transfer is two different animals.

Transfers at DV don’t need shuttle drivers like they do at MD.  Keep pretending you boys are playing by the same rules.  

Are you really so ignorant as to think MD has to recruit?!  LMAO!  If they "recruited" kids, they'd put them up in OC!  You think those kids like commuting from the IE Monday to Friday?  They do it because they would give their left arm to play for MD.  The best beg to play at MD!  "MD recruits."  🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Are you really so ignorant as to think MD has to recruit?!  LMAO!  If they "recruited" kids, they'd put them up in OC!  You think those kids like commuting from the IE Monday to Friday?  They do it because they would give their left arm to play for MD.  The best beg to play at MD!  "MD recruits."  🤣🤣🤣

Is it standard or an option to house any of the MD students at all? 

26 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s  not what I said either. Let me make it easier for you, when ppl relocate to the area, they  typically consider their kids needs and extracurricular activities when choosing a school. The schools best in those activities attract the best talent. 

No, your right, you didn’t say that people choose to go to a certain school based on football. They choose the school based on there children’s needs and if it happens to be football then so be it. That some word acrobatics for the ages. You should be a politician. You have every word for “transfer” except transfer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

No, your right, you didn’t say that people choose to go to a certain school based on football. They choose the school based on there children’s needs and if it happens to be football then so be it. That some word acrobatics for the ages. You should be a politician. You have every word for “transfer” except transfer.

I can’t help it it you never moved out of state but that’s typically how it goes down. There’s nothing nefarious about selecting the best schools for one’s child. 

what area of the country is the fastest growing? Look it up and get back to 

Just now, Horsefly said:

I can’t help it it you never moved out of state but that’s typically how it goes down. There’s nothing nefarious about selecting the best schools for one’s child. 

I actually live in 3 different states CA,TN and AZ so I know a little about moving around. So if MD was the best school for there kids because of football then transferring in shouldn’t be a problem according to your statements. 

10 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Dude get real. Allen lost two games by 3 TDs…one of them at home.  

Allen will lose in the area that matters most,  at the LOS. Their young OL will get whipped. 

No no no this is an intriguing matchup! You know who helped put it together. Best OOS game ever!

All the rest of the games being discussed are an embarrassment to this forum and pale in comparison to this one. 

• Haha 2