Texas guys

coach_warren

20 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

We don't have any Texas guys anymore unfortunately. They were ran off by the bullshit

Technically I'm one now....But I've been following my home state (LA) more.

The Texas folks will be back when season starts to avoid the daily foolishness on this board...

I can't blame'em lol.

• Like 1

So watching a crappy practice video there were comments....

Yes there are a lot of VG teams in Texas maybe you need to do some studying.....Trinity has not been in the picture lately as other teams have stepped up so DSL would be a just another team in TX in the top 50.   The TX 6a board can fill you in on what ever you are trying to do or say...

4 minutes ago, State Champ said:

So watching a crappy practice video there were comments....

Yes there are a lot of VG teams in Texas maybe you need to do some studying.....Trinity has not been in the picture lately as other teams have stepped up so DSL would be a just another team in TX in the top 50.   The TX 6a board can fill you in on what ever you are trying to do or say...

Awful post. Less of this. DSL?

Not even a school. More of other Texas posters please. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Good post.

By the way...you stop going to movies? If not, what's good out there? Your take on Detroit, or Dunkirk?

I haven't seen Dunkirk but I've heard so many good things. My parents saw it and then my dad went back and saw it in IMAX so he obviously loved it. Rotten tomatoes scored it high as well at 93%. I'm thinking it'll be the leader of the pack, but I saw Detroit and was blown away by the story. I went into this movie (as a 24 year old) not knowing much about the history and past, and came away intrigued, shocked, upset, and informed. I highly recommend Detroit, but it sounds like Dunkirk was the winner of recent releases outside of the Dark tower which sold tickets based on name and not positive reviews. (For what it's worth I am a movie person and will see all three soon) 

my adage is that if EVERYONE loved it, I'll probably love it. If everyone hated it, i still may love it. So imma see it. Haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

I saw Detroit and was blown away by the story. I went into this movie (as a 24 year old) not knowing much about the history and past, and came away intrigued, shocked, upset, and informed.

My father-in-law, who passed away a few years ago, was a 27-year veteran of the Detroit PD, including during the 1967 stuff. He used to walk his assigned beat in Detroit. Funny guy, and street tough as a mofo. He talked about a few tussles that had to happen down the alleyways in private in order to gain the respect of some of the guys on the streets. As an old boxer in the Navy (weren't they all?), he could handle himself just fine, but wasn't ashamed of talking about a couple times where he got thumped pretty good by a street con or two. And then they had good relationships after that.

He introduced me to a colorful character in downtown Detroit years ago who owed him a favor. We went up a narrow, rickety staircase in an old, aging building near Tigers stadium back then, where this guy who was right out of a Martin Scorcese movie took my cash in exchange for my wife's engagement and wedding rings. And after having finally gotten them appraised recently, it must have been a significant favor that was owed. I never asked. That was a memorable experience -- a kick in the butt.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

My father-in-law, who passed away a few years ago, was a 27-year veteran of the Detroit PD, including during the 1967 stuff. He used to walk his assigned beat in Detroit. Funny guy, and street tough as a mofo. He talked about a few tussles that had to happen down the alleyways in private in order to gain the respect of some of the guys on the streets. As an old boxer in the Navy (weren't they all?), he could handle himself just fine, but wasn't ashamed of talking about a couple times where he got thumped pretty good by a street con or two. And then they had good relationships after that.

He introduced me to a colorful character in downtown Detroit years ago who owed him a favor. We went up a narrow, rickety staircase in an old, aging building near Tigers stadium back then, where this guy who was right out of a Martin Scorcese movie took my cash in exchange for my wife's engagement and wedding rings. And after having finally getting them appraised recently, it must have been a significant favor that was owed. I never asked. That was a memorable experience -- a kick in the butt.

Well that is certainly an awesome memory and experience. Your wife surely enjoys them I bet. I thank your farther in law for his service to the community, I'm sorry to hear he passed away. 

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I'm sorry to hear he passed away. 

He had a good, long life. Great storyteller.

I apologize to the OP for completely hijacking this thread, but I seem to recall a discussion about 11 months ago on the Trinity/DLS game. I think a few people had opinions on that one. Besides, I liked ATLien's little movie reviews on here.

I been missing his reviews too.  We seem to have the same taste in movies since I saw some based on his review.  Detroit is mos def on my list to watch this week.  Never heard about the riots till a few months ago and did some research on my own.  Crazy shit that went down.  Lots of stuff that seemed to be kept on the down low in our history. Lol I wonder why? 

5 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

He introduced me to a colorful character in downtown Detroit years ago who owed him a favor. We went up a narrow, rickety staircase in an old, aging building near Tigers stadium back then, where this guy who was right out of a Martin Scorcese movie took my cash in exchange for my wife's engagement and wedding rings. And after having finally gotten them appraised recently, it must have been a significant favor that was owed. I never asked. That was a memorable experience -- a kick in the butt.

Those rings 💍 were hot so yeah you get a discount because he needs to get off of them.Good score though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Those rings 💍 were hot so yeah you get a discount because he needs to get off of them.Good score though

I bought a brand new TI calculator off Craigslist in a sketchy part of Atlanta for $20 many years ago.  I feel assured it wasn't his from class that day, if you catch my drift. You get it where you can 

11 hours ago, coach_warren said:

If you go through this comment section of the MD video its basically overrun by Texans who believe they have around 20 DLS's in the state of Texas, if so do you guys really think that and what were your overall thoughts on the game?

Well - consider that Trinity got beat in the first round of the playoffs here while DLS won all remaining games.

Being totally honest that was not a great Trinity team and from where I stand it's honestly hard to believe that DLS was actually good enough to win it all in California.

I would just say that we have more DLS type quality than most realize.

Now if we was talking about really big time teams like STA FL who's talent is way above DLS - the number would be much less.

DLS must stop losing every meaningful OOS if they want true national credit - besides all the bogus national polls.

It's one thing to lose in Florida and Texas - Utah is must win game

10 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Well - consider that Trinity got beat in the first round of the playoffs here while DLS won all remaining games.

Being totally honest that was not a great Trinity team and from where I stand it's honestly hard to believe that DLS was actually good enough to win it all in California.

Now if we was talking about really big time teams like STA FL who's talent is way above DLS - the number would be much less.

DLS must stop losing every meaningful OOS if they want true national credit - besides all the bogus national polls.

Trinity also beat the Texas state champion by more than they beat DLS...take it for what it's worth 

I am an avid Trinity fan. Trinity has had some issues in the area of coaching the last couple of years. The talent on the field remains great. The problem for DSL was they came in and played the only kind of game that Trinity could have beat them with. DLS was a very talented team but attempted to play straight up man on man in the trenches. You cannot beat Trinity that way. Euless has around 450 kids playing football every year from 9th to 12th grades. Trinity always has around 60 seniors on every team, this year is 68. Depth was not as big of an issue for DLS as I thought is would be before the game. I have a lot of respect for DLS and their fan-base.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I respect Texas and I enjoy watching the games but reading those YouTube comments by Texas fans were just brutal lol