Texas guys

coach_warren

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Well - consider that Trinity got beat in the first round of the playoffs here while DLS won all remaining games.

While forgetting that Trinity was basically without their best 2 3-year starters in offensive backfield when they lost

While forgetting that, in between, they beat the TX state champ significantly more easily

Being totally honest that was not a great Trinity team and from where I stand it's honestly hard to believe that DLS was actually good enough to win it all in California.

Apparently not as big of a leap to assume they would have won TX since they own a common opponent advantage

Now if we was talking about really big time teams like STA FL who's talent is way above DLS - the number would be much less.

DLS is 7-3 in the last 10 CA championship games, all vs opponents that were top 10 at game time; has won pieces of 11-13 MNCs in last 25 years; and is #1 by a wide margin in any dynasty poll that's ever been done by anyone (CP, Rivals, Maxpreps)

if DLS isn't big-time, then no one from TX is close (and I was born in and live in TX and have opined on several occasions it's the top hsfb state)

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

DLS must stop losing every meaningful OOS if they want true national credit - besides all the bogus national polls.

It's one thing to lose in Florida and Texas - Utah is must win game

This is rich considering DLS has played more big-time OOS teams than the state of TX in last decade 

DLS has traveled to NJ, FL, OH, WA, HA SD -- no team has covered more ground.  Oh yeah, and TX playing by different rules 

TX rarely plays a great team and it's always in TX.  Some of their best teams get bushwhacked by Liberty NV and Bishop Amat.  The only decent team that will leave the state to play anyone is Trinity going to play Bellevue and I guess up the road a bit to play Jenks.  

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

I would just say that we have more DLS type quality than most realize.

I would say that you are smoking some good shit -- there's guys in Clovis that believe the same thing about the Fresno area

12 minutes ago, Pops said:

What's more of a must win game?

an undefeated top 25 team that also beat an SEC state champ -- with your worst team in 12 years?

or

Cooper City -- with one of the most talented teams in the country?

#micdrop

Bro DLS single handedly put East on the map lol.  I honestly just said that to mess with you though.   Utah's top 2-3 teams ain't bad, but...DLS gotta take care of business When they travel.

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Bro DLS single handedly put East on the map lol.  I honestly just said that to mess with you though.   Utah's top 2-3 teams ain't bad, but...DLS gotta take care of business When they travel.

DLS put lots of teams on map -- DBP, Bellevue, Canyon, Clovis West

DLS has a kryptonite -- playing top national teams more than 1,000 miles away -- #1 DBP, #2 Bellevue, Trinity, STA -- against a couple of wins (St Louis, Elder), 2-4 overall 

Has STA ever travelled > 1,000 miles and won?  The only games I can think of are BG and I assume one of the DBP games.  0-2?

seens like almost all of STA's big games are in Brian Piccolo

5 hours ago, Pops said:

DLS put lots of teams on map -- DBP, Bellevue, Canyon, Clovis West

DLS has a kryptonite -- playing top national teams more than 1,000 miles away -- #1 DBP, #2 Bellevue, Trinity, STA -- against a couple of wins (St Louis, Elder), 2-4 overall 

Has STA ever travelled > 1,000 miles and won?  The only games I can think of are BG and I assume one of the DBP games.  0-2?

seens like almost all of STA's big games are in Brian Piccolo

I think so.   We've won in Dallas a couple times and in Cincy.  I'd have to check how many miles that is from Ft. Lauderdale.   Don't think New Orleans or Hoover Al  is 1k miles though. 

37 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I think so.   We've won in Dallas a couple times and in Cincy.  I'd have to check how many miles that is from Ft. Lauderdale.   Don't think New Orleans or Hoover Al  is 1k miles though. 

I knew about both those games (although not sure who sta played in herbie) 

Dallas is 1100 and Cindy is 950

On 8/7/2017 at 4:00 PM, maxchoboian said:

Good post.

By the way...you stop going to movies? If not, what's good out there? Your take on Detroit, or Dunkirk?

On 8/7/2017 at 4:13 PM, ATLien12x said:

I haven't seen Dunkirk but I've heard so many good things. My parents saw it and then my dad went back and saw it in IMAX so he obviously loved it. Rotten tomatoes scored it high as well at 93%. I'm thinking it'll be the leader of the pack, but I saw Detroit and was blown away by the story. I went into this movie (as a 24 year old) not knowing much about the history and past, and came away intrigued, shocked, upset, and informed. I highly recommend Detroit, but it sounds like Dunkirk was the winner of recent releases outside of the Dark tower which sold tickets based on name and not positive reviews. (For what it's worth I am a movie person and will see all three soon) 

my adage is that if EVERYONE loved it, I'll probably love it. If everyone hated it, i still may love it. So imma see it. Haha 

Saw The Dark Tower on Friday night. If you are a King purist, you will likely be disappointed. Over all the movie was good, not great. I went in knowing it could never meet my expectations after being quite the King fan through the years. 

The best advice I read before seeing it myself was... Pretend you never read the books and then enjoy the movie for what it is. A movie, loosely based on the books, that did not have enough time to get in the best parts, but only got in the gist of it all.

There are a few nods to characters like Oy, in there, more in a Terminator or Rocky one liner type of entry. 

My wife never read the books and really enjoyed the movie. I came away a tad disappointed, even knowing what to expect kind of. It had good effects and stunts. It just couldn't get me there as a King fan. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ararar said:

Trinity also beat the Texas state champion by more than they beat DLS...take it for what it's worth 

In a playoff system that awards 2 state championship and splits up the best 128 teams come playoff time.  

They got beat by a 4th place district team S. Grand Praire.  They won close game over SLC who didn't make it far in playoffs themselves.

There is no chance that DLS would ever lose vs any 4 loss California squad.  

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

In a playoff system that awards 2 state championship and splits up the best 128 teams come playoff time.  

They got beat by a 4th place district team S. Grand Praire.  They won close game over SLC who didn't make it far in playoffs themselves.

There is no chance that DLS would ever lose vs any 4 loss California squad.  

I feel like a DLS victory OOS is losing it's meaning now. They seem to lose to everybody, East beat them last year. And there is a very real possibility that they may even go 0-2 in OOS games this year. St.Johns has a nasty front 7 and BG is always solid in the trenches. It doesn't make a victory meaningful if everybody can do it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 954gator said:

I would take STA to beat DLS any year and any where.  They have better athletes every year that I can remember!  DLS might battle - but they would eventually overwhelm with better players.

Yes - STA beat Dallas Skyline in Dallas

5 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

I feel like a DLS victory OOS is losing it's meaning now. They seem to lose to everybody, East beat them last year. And there is a very real possibility that they may even go 0-2 in OOS games this year. St.Johns has a nasty front 7 and BG is always solid in the trenches. It doesn't make a victory meaningful if everybody can do it.

Agree