Who wins today Rams/ Bucs and Bills/ Chiefs ?

HooverOutlaw

37 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I don't get it.

NFL: WR Cooper Kupp Runs A 4.62 40-Yard Dash.

Speed is only a small part of being a top WR. Any person with grade school knowledge of football should know that. Why would you even bring this up, just say he’s the best in the business and pat him on the back and move on.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Speed is only a small part of being a top WR. Any person with grade school knowledge of football should know that. Why would you even bring this up, just say he’s the best in the business and pat him on the back and move on.

Letting him get deep seems crazy.  But the defender had to worry about the 15-20 yard pattern as well, so got caught.

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Because I don't get how this guy can be wide open just running down the field like he was several times today.......he didn't perform any magic tricks or anything to get open.

Bad defensive call. Why would you run cover 0/1 in that situation? Safety was caught flat footed and got cooked. You’re right that he didn’t do any magic tricks but that ones on the DC. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Bad defensive call. Why would you run cover 0/1 in that situation? Safety was caught flat footed and got cooked. You’re right that he didn’t do any magic tricks but that ones on the DC. 

This one too........You know they are looking for Cooper Kupp on every play.

That's terrible.....

You have click watch on YouTube to watch.

8 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Jerry Rice was only a 4.6 guy but the best wr ever.

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

And Jerry got deep - often

Football game speed is different than shorts and a stop watch speed.

I remember distinctly when Rice was drafted. The knocks were he came from a small college and his speed and a ability to go deep. Guess those were answered.

26 minutes ago, Bormio said:

And Jerry got deep - often

Rice's speed has always been one of the NFL's greatest mysteries....he wasn't slow, I know that.

"No, Jerry Rice did not run a 4.71 40 in 1985.

It's a trope to say Jerry Rice had a terribly slow 40 time. A lot of people are throwing this out in the various Laquon Treadwell fracases.

Yes, if you google "Jerry Rice 40", you get 4.71. It's not correct or based on any source I could find.

According to Bill Walsh in an oft-quoted interview, it was a 4.59.

According to Gil Brandt, it was no better than a 4.55: "We timed Jerry in the 40 nine times,” said former Dallas Cowboys general manager Gil Brandt, “and he never got under 4.55." (Though this same article repeats the myth that Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63 40).

When "speedster" Jerry Rice was drafted by the USFL in 1985, head coach Rollie Dotsch said he "runs a 4.45 40 yard dash." Probably just media fluff.

A December 1984 NCAA News article here says Rice ran a 4.45 40, though he had earlier ran as slow as 4.9s or 5.0s because "I didn't know how to run [a 40-yard dash]." I think this is your explanation why Rice's 40 wasn't as fast as his football speed.

• Thanks 1