2022 HS Track and Field

Wooderson

• 2 weeks later...

Beauty and supreme talent… pride of NJ.  

She’s going to challenge the 400 meter record at some point and would anyone be surprised if she breaks it?  

@Wooderson, Kerley is a taller dude… but watch how long he keeps his head down!  He can’t spool up like Bromell and Coleman off the line, but damn… he hits the nitrous midway and his longer distance strength is shining big time now.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Texas Speed.  Texas and Florida had 4 of the 8 to make the 100 finals.  The best track states period

Cali reppin with Michael Norman.  His USC teammate Rai Benjamin is from NY I believe.  Devon Allen I noticed being interviewed.  So he’s going to worlds at same venue locale, nice. Oregon Ducks. 
I’m Dvring the coverage today, but walked by the tv for a few seconds.  Kindly hold off on any updates of today until about 9 pm your time.  😊 thx 

• Like 1

I hope Boling cranks it up in the 200, but what a strong field!  

Aldrich Bailey ran in the semis of the 400h yesterday btw.  Not sure if he qualified for finals or not.  He’s still competing, which is cool.  

Kendall Ellis (STA/USC/2x Gold medalist Tokyo Olympic Games) finished 2nd in the 400m finals yesterday.  

11 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Abby Steiner… US Nationals 200m champion.  

Steiner is my newest favorite track star.  She's special.  Can't wait to see her vs. Dem Rasta Girls.  Also she has to be on the 4x400.  These 4 are must haves.  McLaughlin, Mu, Steiner and Talitha Diggs.  I think they would threaten the World Record in the 4x400

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Steiner is my newest favorite track star.  She's special.  Can't wait to see her vs. Dem Rasta Girls.  Also she has to be on the 4x400.  These 4 are must haves.  McLaughlin, Mu, Steiner and Talitha Diggs.  I think they would threaten the World Record in the 4x400

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

DDog, I like your 4X400. I got love for Allyson Felix, but it's over for her. Sentimental picks got no place in Track and Field. Not even for early round qualifying. It's a miscarriage of justice to slip her (rumors) on the team and leave a young up and comer off.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, nptb17 said:

3 world records will fall in the sprints at worlds, from the 100 to 400.  Knighton will break Bolt's 200 wr within the next year, and maybe in 3 weeks.

If only they had a 4x200 worlds… :)  USA has 4 sub 20 sprinters.  

The 4x100 should be all USA (assuming they pass the baton successfully 3x).  Will be interesting to see where they are placed.  Kerley I’d have either 2nd for the straightaway or anchor.  

54 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

If only they had a 4x200 worlds… :)  USA has 4 sub 20 sprinters.  

The 4x100 should be all USA (assuming they pass the baton successfully 3x).  Will be interesting to see where they are placed.  Kerley I’d have either 2nd for the straightaway or anchor.  

We should murder in the 4x4 as well.    Did you see Champion Allison sticking with Norman in the finals?!   Ran a 43.70!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

We should murder in the 4x4 as well.    Did you see Champion Allison sticking with Norman in the finals?!   Ran a 43.70!

Indeed I did.  This will be a fantastic worlds event.  

Steiner vs the Jamaicans in the 200.  Does Sydney break her new world record set last weekend?  The men’s 110m hurdles and so on.  World class track!  

Kendall Ellis (STA) finished 2nd in the 400 fyi.  She’ll be participating in the 400 and the 4x400 I’m sure.